One

Emperor's Side

I was on my way to the emperor's palace carried by our carriage. I sent a letter to the palace that I will be meeting the emperor for I have something important to discuss. They have responded so now I'm on my way there. I was nervous through out the ride. I feel like my heart is about to jump out my chest, I can't feel my hands and it's like I can't hear anything except for the sound of my heartbeat.

The carriage stop when we're already inside the palace's gates. Butlers are around the entrance of the main building and when I step down the carriage, one of the maid came to me. "Prince Jinuven, the emperor is waiting for you at the garden." My pulsating heartbeat have increased ten times with the thought that I will really see the emperor face to face. The one who've killed me. Can I cry? Damn it! The maid assisted me until we reached the garden. This place is so beautiful I could live here. The garden you usually see from royalty movies and anime looks like the garden here but more beautiful, more breathtaking. We stop to the center of the garden where a table is set specifically for tea time. The table is white and round with intricate design that shouts expensiveness and royalty. THere are four chairs of white with the same intricate carved design on it. On one of the chair is the emperor, sitting while drinking the tea. I stopped on my tracks, I can't seem to find my strength to go near him. I'm scared. "Prince?", the maid get my attention and I shake my head to bring back my sanity. I need to do this. I followed her to the table and so the emperor have felt our presence and looked our way. 

 

His cold, empty eyes is staring at me. Piercing through me. I swallowed before bowing to him. "Your majesty." I looked up and he was still looking at me. Oh gosh, I'm calling all the saints out there and please give me one more life because I think I'm dying here. I slowly sit down on the chair as the maid bowed down to us and walk away. Okay calm down, it's just the two of us now. All alone. Calm fcking down Jinu I swear! I look at his face and he was looking at me like telling me that I should say something since I am the one who requested for this meeting. He is so gorgeous, so handsome. Thick eyebrow that scream manliness and dominance, fiery eyes but still soft eyes? The pointed nose that really fits him. His lips' shape is so pretty and it looks so plump and pinkish. He have a very y jawline and his tanned skin made him looks like more intimadating and very aristrocrat. "Your majesty, I came here to offer you my knowldege for the upcoming war between the east kingdom and ours, the south." "I knew lots of information that will help our empire win this battle and be more powerful."

He raised his one eyebrow still with his cold eyes. "And what do you want for exchange with those information? I know you didn't came here just to share it with me without you having the benefit right?" He shocked me with his straightforwardness, but he's right. I came here to negotiate. "As repayment, I want you my majesty to give your trust to me and let me live here at the palace." I am shaking right now but I would not let him notice that. I need to live here for I need to monitor his every move so that I will know what is his plan for me in the future. I saw him smirk and looked at me with his dangerous eyes. He seems pissed. "Prince. I do not trust anyone but my people, and you," his eyes became cold again and his face got no emotions this time "...are not one of them." He said it like with finality and was like telling me that there's no way he will grant my request. No no no no. I need him to accept this offer. Anxiety will never leave me unless I know what he's thinking and his plans so I need him to let me live here. This time I really feel like crying but I cannot show him. I need to do something.

"I can be your people! I can be your fiance!" I said frantically with wide eyes. Desperation crawling up my senses. ! I cannot be a knight because I do not know how to fight, so to be one of his people, I need to be his family. His eyes shot me disbelievingly and his smirk doesn't leave his face. "Hmm. I see" "So I'm curious now what made you so desperate to live here to the point of offering me yourself." His forefinger touch his lips while looking at me. "Would you mind telling me? I might have accepted your proposal." This is it, no backing down Jinu. I need to tell him. "Your majesty, I believe my family is planning a treason against our empire. They want to take over but trust me I don't want to be part of their scheme." "I know being here at the palace will give me more access here but I know we do not have the power to defeat you, the palace. I want to live here so you can protect me from my family so they will not kill me for spilling their plan." I look at him and he looks serious now. "If you will make me your fiance, I will give you my whole loyalty. And if you already found the one you truly love, then you don't need to worry about her being the empress because I could always be just the first wife and I do not wish for any attention from you. I just want your trust your majesty, so please." 

He stand up from his chair and walk to me. He walks to the back of my chair and crouched down the chair so he could come close to me. His both hands trapping my both sides between the chair. "You better not regret what you said." He whispers behind my ears, his baritone voice and his breath touching my skin made me weak. I feel so hypnotised and intoxicated. He has that effect. I am so melted I cannot answer back ashe slide his right forefinger from my right hand, to my arms until it reached my face. "You better take responsible for your words.... my prince." He then backs away from me and leave me alone at the garden weak and soulless.