Happy Birthday, Lee Chaerin

Happy Birthday, Lee Chaerin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s been a long time seen we’ve seen each other!” Bom can’t contain her overzealousness from seeing her long-time friends. They were so busy with their own lives and she’s glad that they managed to have a reunion, especially it’s Chaerin’s birthday.

“When was the last time again?” Chaerin asked obliviously while fiddling with her straw.

“When I left for France.” Minzy smiled guiltily knowing that their group broke up because of her. She thought that if she hadn’t left that day, the four of them will still be together, cheering up each other’s success.

Chaerin stopped from fiddling and sighed. She hates it when Minzy blames herself for everything that has happened to the four of them. Her departure may have triggered the changes in their friendship. But the things happened to them right after that, it was out of their own decisions.

After Minzy continued her studies abroad, Bom decided to accept the position from her family’s corn business in US. Dara pursued her modelling career which took her to various places around the globe. And then there she is—a famous fashion critic and businesswoman.

Chaerin rubbed her friend’s shoulder in comfort and smiled at her. “Don’t be sorry for chasing your own dream, Minzy-ah. If you didn’t leave, you won’t be successful as you are now.”

“Thank you, unnie.” Minzy hugged her unnie which Chaerin gladly returned.

“Don’t make me cry, you two.” Bom dramatically told the two while pretending to shed off an imaginary tear.

These made Chaerin and Minzy laugh heartily.

It’s been a long time she laughed like this. And she missed it.

But mostly, she misses her.

It’s been three years since she last saw her in person. At first, she and Dara still kept in touch. They promised each other that even though they’re far away from one another due to their own commitments, they will always have time for each other.

They promised.

Dara promised.

But it was never kept.

Dara has been busy with multiple endorsements she receives from famous brands. She has also been a famous television personality in a foreign country that made her busier than ever.

Chaerin thought that being a well-known critic will be a way for her to reach Dara. Whenever the latter goes into an awards night, or whenever her airport fashion photos gets released, she automatically make reviews—good reviews to gain her attention. But Dara never did.

Chaerin was disrupted from her thoughts when everything suddenly went dark.

“Okay, Bom unnie. What are we playing right now?” She chuckled nervously as she feel those familiar warm hands covering her eyes.

“So you were really not paying attention, I see.” She heard Bom said from her side.

“Sorry. Can you remove your hands now? It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter