Chapter 18

He's My Protector 2 (book2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol began to stir awake as he smiles seeing the man he loves still wrapped around his body fast asleep. He then realises what happened last night and his smile begins to fade as he can still see the look on his husband's face telling him he might have cancer. Staying still not to wake his loving husband, his mind drifts off to the future and Baekhyun not there with him and their son. Starting to get upset he holds his husband closer and tighter making the smaller wake.

"If you squeeze me any harder I will pop" he hears the angelic voice of his husband waking and looking up at him with rosy red cheeks and messy hair. "Morning sweetheart" Chanyeol leans down kissing the forehead of his lover softly.

"Morning you" Baekhyun nervously smiles up at his husband knowing today he needs to tell him everything.

"I will head and make us some breakfast" Chanyeol tries to move but Baekhyun holds on like a little koala. "Chanyeol don't go please, stay here for a little more" Baekhyun pleads with his eyes as Chanyeol knows he can't say no to his husband especially now how things have turned out. "Come with me and we can make breakfast. We are both going to need food if we are to talk" Chanyeol gets up from the sofa holding out his hand to his smaller lover who looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders right now.

Moving closer to his taller husband Baekhyun feels really small right now knowing he kept this secret from his husband. "Hey look at me please" Chanyeol takes his husband by the chin and lifts his face seeing his blood shot eyes from crying last night. "I'm so sorry Chanyeol" Baekhyun starts to cry making Chanyeol feel like a right idiot for not comforting his husband instead he got annoyed and accused him of liking Kai instead of him the man he married.

"I'm sorry for how I reacted when I should have listened to you baby" Chanyeol wipes his husband's tears before kissing his tear stained lips. "Let's go back to the other cabin we can talk there" Chanyeol picks up his small husband bridal style and carries him out of one cabin and into the one they share together now.

"You don't have to carry me, I won't break," Baekhyun smiles as his husband places him down on his feet in their cabin. "Aww but your little legs are slow mine are faster" Chanyeol winks at his husband before heading into the kitchen to make some breakfast.

Searching the cupboard for what to make he can't seem to decide as his mind is elsewhere right now. "Not hungry" Baekhyun questions from the doorway as he now takes a seat on one of the chairs at the table. "Not really no" Chanyeol lowers his head as he walks closer to his lover sitting beside him. "Should we talk now?" Chanyeol cups his lover's hands in both of his holding them tight, scared of what he is going to be told right now. "Let me make us both a hot drink and we can talk in the sitting room. It's more comfortable there" Baekhyun smiles softly at his husband as Chanyeol helps him by getting out two cups.
 

Once ready after making their hot drink and asking Sehun to watch Tae after his sleep over they lock the cabin door and move to the sitting room area. "Come sit here" Baekhyun guides Chanyeol over to the big fluffy rug in front of the fire where they made love for the first time.

Sitting down facing each other they find it hard to talk at first knowing this is a very upsetting time for both of them. Reaching his hand across to his lovers Chanyeol gives Baekhyun's knee a little squeeze "Tell me baby please" he looks sad at Baekhyun as the smaller takes a deep breath looking into his cup then starts to speak.

"A month or so ago I started getting pains in my side but I thought it was just a cramp and would go away it started getting worse so I went to the doctor last week and told her" Baekhyun looks up and sees Chanyeol waiting patiently and taking in all the information so he continues. "She did a scan on me like you do when you are expecting and she saw a large growth. She did a procedure and took a piece of it away and sent it for testing to see if it was cancer or not" Baekhyun starts to cry feeling Chanyeol hand on his knee get tighter.

"Baby I'm so sorry, you went through all this alone without me, I should have been there" Chanyeol moves closer again to his lover as Baekhyun lowers his head. "Kai was with me" he looks back up at Chanyeol who turns his head away feeling annoyed that Kai was there and he wasn't. "He was with me as I thought it was just a normal check up and that the doctor would say I had a kidney infection or something I wasn't expecting it to be this news". Chanyeol turns back to face his husband "What did the doctor say after?" Chanyeol asks, feeling so nervous that his stomach is doing somersaults.

"She just said she would send the piece she took away to be tested and I should find out the result as soon as she does" Baekhyun reaches his hand up and wipes the tears coming from Chanyeol's eyes.

"Why did we come here then if your waiting for such important news?" Chanyeol leans his head sideways to look at his husband who is now crying, getting everything off his chest. "I just wanted to feel normal for a little bit longer before......" Chanyeol waits as Baekhyun doesn't finish his sentence but pulls his legs closer up to his chest making Chanyeol move and sit behind him placing his legs on either side and pulling his lover in closer.

" You mean before you get the results of it being cancer or not" Chanyeol whispers into Baekhyun's neck before kissing it as Baekhyun snuggles back into his husband's arms. "I just wanted to enjoy our anniversary and Chen and Minseok's wedding anniversary here before we have to go through all the tests and treatment" Baekhyun links his hands with his husband as Chanyeol keeps his head on Baekhyun shoulder still hugging him from behind.

"We don't know if you have cancer yet baby we need to wait, I really just wish you told me '' Chanyeol turns Baek more to the side before he kisses him softly on the lips. "Where are you hurting baby?" Chanyeol moves away a little as he watches Baekhyun get on his knee and turn to face him. Lifting up his top a little he shows Chanyeol his right side "Just here, I thought it was something else and not so important that's why Kai stayed with me he was due to pick up creams for D.O from their doctor so he stayed with me, it all just happened so fast and I begged him not to tell you or anyone else and now I have probably caused with him and D.O and that upsets me. I can't have them parting over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter