Never Forget You

Nothing Feels Better

Chapter 2

.

.

It was in the middle of March. Kim Chaewon was making her way to a Company for a business meeting. Kim Chaewon and Kang Hyewon were both partners, and owners of a company called Off The Record. Off The Record was the most successful company in the world, and they were about to become even larger by merging with the largest Company in the world called Urban. It's pretty hard to believe since Off The Record had only existed for just over 2 years now.

The president of Urban was a young girl the goes by the name Jang Gyuri. Gyuri was extremely intelligent for her age, and her qualifications were certainly high. Gyuri was going to give a presentation to Chaewon. There were other pharmaceutical companies that were in the eyes of Off The Record but Kang Hyewon and Kim Chaewon chose to go with Urban.

There were so many things to be done today that Hyewon didn't even have the time to make this decision with Chaewon. It was Kim Chaewon's choice and Chaewon's choice alone.

Kim Chaewon arrived at Urban and went straight for the front desk. Chaewon was wearing a famous designer suit. Chaewon of course had to make her self look over presentable. This wasn't just an interview. The red haired young woman was the one accepting this proposal …well it wasn't really just a proposal it was more like a partnership, however if Chaewon agreed to the partnership then Chaewon and Hyewon would practically own Urban's as well.

Chaewon came across a beautiful young girl; she looked like she was around 19 years old.

"Hi, could you please contact Ms. Jang and let her know Kim Chaewon is here" Chaewon simply told her. The girl blushed seeing Chaewon said that with her low soothing voice.

"…Sure, please hold on." The girl picked up her phone and buzzed Gyuri. It took a couple of seconds before Jang Gyuri, the owner of Urban Company answered.

"Yes, what is it Saerom?" Gyuri asked.

"Excuse me Ms. Jang but we have a guest. Ms. Kim Chaewon here to see you." Saerom said.

"Oh, just tell her I'll be right down." Gyuri said excitedly.

"Yes ma am" Lee Saerom hung up the receiver.

"She'll be right here, Ms. Kim"

"Thank you" Chaewon said simply smiling.

After about 3 minutes of keeping Chaewon waiting, Jang Gyuri finally emerged from the elevators. Gyuri quickly made her way to Chaewon.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting, Kim Chaewon-ssi." Gyuri said. Chaewon smiled.

"It's not a problem" Chaewon said. Gyuri felt her heart quiver. 'Did the mighty Kim Chaewon just smile at her?'

'She's so gorgeous, I love her eyes…' Gyuri thought admiring the red haired young woman.

Jang Gyuri then led Chaewon into her office located at the very top of floor of the building. Once they got there Gyuri had given Kim Chaewon her own overview of why Off The Record and Urban should merge into one, well actually, Chaewon and Hyewon's plan was to buy out the company. Chaewon listened closely at Gyuri's information. Kim Chaewon was actually enjoying herself; Jang Gyuri really knew how to give a good proposal.

"Jang Gyuri-ssi I have to say, you do in exactly job and presenting your work." Chaewon smiled. Gyuri blushed.

"Thank you..." she blushed. 'Godness Kim Chaewon complemented me?'

"I'll have to inform Hyewon, please give me just a minute." Chaewon said.

"Sure, please take your time" Gyuri said as she walked out the door to give Chaewon a moment herself.

Kim Chaewon pulled out her phone and dialed Kang Hyewon's number. It took a moment before someone answered.

"Hyewon-unnie, it went pretty well." Kim Chaewon said. Chaewon told Hyewon the key points basically.

"Chaewon-ah let's do it, all the signs are pointing us in the right direction." Hyewon said.

"Yeah I know, I just wanted to get your opinion on this, so if things go bad I don't get blamed completely." Chaewon told Hyewon. Hyewon chuckled.

"Just trying to cover your , eh?" Hyewon chucked.

"Alright, this is going to take a long process." Chaewon said.

"I know, so let's get started on it! Head back here immediately." Hyewon said.

"I'll be right there." Chaewon said before hanging up the phone.

Chaewon walked out the doors to Gyuri's office and approached Gyuri who seemed to look a bit anxious.

"Ms. Jang, we're going to buy it" Chaewon simply said. Gyuri seemed to look overjoyed.

"That's wonderful." Gyuri smiled.

"Give me all the papers you need to be signed." Chaewon said.

.

.

.

Kim Minjoo was sitting on her couch in her new home that she just recently bought; well not recently, they've had it for over a year now.

Minjoo put her to legs close to her chest and wrapped her arms around her knees tightly, tucking her two bare feet as close to her body as possible.

Minjoo had a depressed look on her face; in face she consistently had a depressed look on her face. It's been that way for nearly 4 weeks. Minjoo had been living in her own little hell since she's gotten married. That's right, Kim Minjoo had gotten married.

She was forced into an arranged marriage by her father to combine his company and her now partner's company. When she was told about the arranged marriage, Kim Minjoo was, and still is, deeply in love with a certain red haired girl that goes by the name of Kim Chaewon.

She could actually pinpoint the exact moment when she felt Chaewon's heart shatter into piece's. She hated herself for what she did to her. Minjoo' finger tips made their way to her neck; she felt the locket that was around her neck. Minjoo removed the locket that was around her neck and held it in her palm. Chaewon had gotten her the locket on their first date.

Eventually Minjoo' thoughts drifted into a painful moment. Minjoo had told Chaewon about her engagement. But at the same time, she told Chaewon that she still loved her. Her mind drift to 26 months earlier

Kim Minjoo was about to get married again with Ahn Yujin after Kim Chaewon ruined their first wedding ceremony. They lived together but actually just gotten enough of each other. She ran, but Chaewon try to hold her. But after awhile the news, Minjoo and Ahn Yujin engagement wasn’t over was come to her.

"Minjoo-yah, I can understand the situation you're in…" Kim Chaewon said. Minjoo gasped.

"That's probably why, I love you so much. You're always willing to do things for others, you think about others before yourself. That is why, it makes this situation even harder." Chaewon said trying to keep a straight face.

"Chaewon-unnie, what do you …want me to do?" she asked. Minjoo said she loved Chaewon, but Minjoo also said that she had to get married.

"You… can ether chose to be with me, or to follow you're fathers wish's and marry Ahn Yujin, but you can only pick one, not both" Chaewon said sternly. It pained her severely to say this but, Kim Chaewon knew this was the only way.

"…Chaewon-unnie that's not fair!" Minjoo argued. Chaewon could only look at her with a saddened face. Did Minjoo really think she was going to play with both their hearts?

"Life's not always fair is it." Chaewon said. Tears began to form in Minjoo' eyes.

Minjoo had no choice, it tore her heart to say it, but she chose the arranged marriage. Just like that, that was her final decision. All her friends knew her situation; they all choose to support her… except for Kim Chaewon of course.

The good person Kim Chaewon was, she still went to the wedding when she was invited. Chaewon was seated rather closely near the front row; she was seated with Yuri and Yena. When Minjoo saw Chaewon she seemed to be glad to see that Chaewon was actually here supporting her decision. However the only reason Chaewon was there was to see if Minjoo would actually go through with the wedding. Chaewon watched as the ceremony began, she watched as Minjoo emerge from the doors.

Minjoo reached the front where the priest and her fiancé Ahn Yujin were waiting. As the mass began, time flew by quickly.

They reached the point where the priest had asked, if anyone believes that these two should not be together, speak now or forever hold your peace. Kim Chaewon thought that this was the moment, she really thought Kim Minjoo was going to walk out at this moment. However Chaewon was being naïve, it wasn't going to be that simple.

Silence filled the air; Chaewon's heart was slowly beginning to crumble. No one had stepped up, not Minjoo, nor himself. Was this how it was supposed to end? It sure looked like nothing was going to be said.

What the priest said next made Chaewon's heart quiver in fear.

"You may kiss the bride"

"You may kiss the bride"

"You may kiss the bride"

"You may kiss the bride"

"You may kiss the bride"

Those words seemed to echo in Kim Chaewon's head over and over again. This was actually happening?

Kim Minjoo and Ahn Yujin inched closer, their lips met and they shared a quick kiss. At that moment Chaewon felt her heart shatter.

Anger, confusion, sadness, lost, hurt, scared. About a thousand emotions went through Chaewon's mind. A wound opened up that would never be able to heal. Minjoo wasn't hers anymore, Minjoo belonged to another woman now…

That was it. Kim Chaewon and Kim Minjoo had been friends for 6 years and they've been going out for 4 years.

Kim Chaewon came to her own conclusion. All the love she had for Minjoo, all the loyalty, all the passion she had for the younger one, was now covered in pure hatred. She hated Minjoo for what she had done. Chaewon didn't want to understand, she just stopped caring.

Chaewon stood up from where she was sitting, she walked to the center, she took one last glance at Minjoo and began walking out the door.

"…Chaewon-ah!" Yena whispered rather loudly, but Chaewon didn't turn to face the older, she continued to walk. Eventually Kim Minjoo looked over and saw that Kim Chaewon was leaving. Minjoo' father, Mr. Kim noticed that situation and became extremely furious. Who walks out during the most important time at a wedding ceremony?

Choi Yena was about to chase Kim Chaewon when she was stopped by Jo Yuri. "Don't, you'll just make it worse then it already is, Yena-unnie" Yuri whispered.

"But…"

Minjoo was all twisted up already. When Chaewon left, it just made her feel so miserable.

1 week later…

No one ever knew what happened Kim Chaewon did after that. Her apartment was cleaned out, and she quit her job.

When Kim Chaewon had left she had met, and became good friends with a woman known as Kang Hyewon. …Coincidence? Or an act of fate? Chaewon and Hyewon emerged from the bottom and created a company called Off The Record. With Chaewon's talents and Hyewon's funds, Off The Record had become massively huge in only just a months time.

So what is it that Off The Record does? Well basically, the purpose of Off The Record was to prove to everyone, especially Minjoo. Kim Minjoo… who got into that marriage so that her father's company, and Ahn Yujin father's company would merge, and together they would set up homeless shelters all over the world to help the people that couldn't take care of themselves.

Off The Record basically did the same thing except they didn't merge with any companies, it was a brand new company funded by Kang Hyewon. But Off The Record didn't just help the homeless. Off The Record also made computer chipsets, monitors, smartphone, televisions, car engines, and many more.

Off The Record had existed for just over 2 years now. 2 years since Kim Chaewon left Japan. Chaewon was still in contact with her sister Yuri and her best friend Choi Yena. However, since Chaewon left Japan, they haven't really remained close as they once were.

Tears began to fall down Minjoo' face as she recalling their memories. "…Chaewon-unnie" Minjoo cried, and cried, until suddenly her phone began to ring

Minjoo quickly whipped her tears away and answered the phone.

"Hello?" Minjoo said in a cheerful tone.

"Oh, hi Yuri"

"I don't remember, why?"

"Oh, sure"

"I'll be right there."

.

.

.

Chaewon walked into Hyewon's office only to find the older slouched on her chair.

"Hey Hyewon-unnie, you don't look so busy?" Chaewon said. "You could've came with me"

"I could've, but I trust you would've done well anyways." Hyewon said.

Chaewon jerked her head "I don't get your logic or your attitude sometimes…"

"Is that so…" Kang Hyewon chuckled.

"Well anyways, Chaewon-ah you remember what tomorrow is right?" Hyewon asked.

"…No" Chaewon said sternly.

"Well of course you don't know, I haven't told you yet" Hyewon said. Chaewon waited for what Hyewon had to say.

"Ahn Yujin wants to sell out her company to us" Hyewon said. Ahn Yujin was the woman that married Kim Minjoo. They form a company called Starplane.

Starplane helped people around the world, but they didn't get anywhere because of Off The Record. Off The Record was the first company to compete with Starplane. From the very start, Off The Record had Starplane on there toes. If there was one thing Chaewon was absolutely good at, it would have to be her Marketing strategies. After about 2 years Starplane was finally ready to give in. Off The Record had charity funds and homeless shelters all over the globe. Starplane didn't even stand a chance.

"We have to go there personally." Hyewon said. Chaewon couldn't help but smile.

"When are we going?" Chaewon asked.

"We're leaving tonight; the meeting is around 9am tomorrow."

Kim Chaewon smiled. It was the first time they would be heading to Japan for business purposes. This was actually going to be the first time Chaewon was in Japan since she left 2 years ago.

"You're selling my fathers company!" Minjoo yelled. She was obviously not happy.

"I have no choice Minjoo, we can't compete with Off The Record." Ahn Yujin said.

"Our best option is to take the money, and start fresh. We'll use the money and rethink our strategies." Ahn Yujin said.

Kim Minjoo didn't say anything; she just walked out the room they were in. Minjoo would probably just get over it, like she always does. Yujin sighed.

Soon after the talk with Yujin, Minjoo had asked Yuri to meet her at a restaurant for coffee. There Minjoo told Yuri everything that had happened.

"Minjoo-yah are you sure." Yuri asked while taking a sip from her coffee.

"Yeah, I'm sure. If she's really planning to sell my father's company, then I won't involve myself in her life anymore." Minjoo said. Yuri smiled.

"…If I knew it was going to end up like this, I would've chose Chaewon-unnie" Minjoo said, with tears in her eyes.

"Minjoo don't say that! Who knows what could've happen." Yuri said.

"…Have you spoken to Chaewon lately?" Minjoo asked. Yuri nodded.

"It's not like the way it used to be Minjoo. To be honest, I don't even know who she is anymore." Yuri said.

"What do you mean?" Minjoo asked.

"I mean she's rude, she's arrogant, she's conceited, but…" Yuri starred down at her coffee.

"She's still my sister, I love her" Yuri said.

"Maybe you and Chaewon-unnie might actually have another shot if you leave Yujin." Yuri suggested. Minjoo' eyes widened.

"I don't know Yuri, I mean. The way she left, I could never bring myself to face her." Minjoo said.

"…I doubt that" Yuri chuckled. At that moment Choi Yena had just walked in. Yuri's face blushed as she saw Yena but she quickly hid it by turning her head to the side.

"Hey Yuri, and Minjoo too" Yena said. "What are you guys up to?" Yena asked. Minjoo smiled.

"Take a seat Yena" Minjoo said. Yena took a seat and told Yena everything she had told Yuri.

"Well that's certainly a great idea." Yena said.

"To be honest I thought that person was a little possessive of you Minjoo" Yena said.

"She is a little, but that's why I wanted to get a chance to speak with you." Minjoo said. "Do you mind if you come by my house tomorrow?" Minjoo asked.

"What for?" Yena asked.

"Yujin might get a little violent when I let her now, I just want to make sure she doesn't try anything rash" Minjoo said.

"Sure thing Minjoo-yah" Yena smiled. Yuri felt her face heat up when she saw her smile.

"Well, I've got to be going. I've got to go pick up Juri" Yena said. "I'll see you tomorrow Minjoo, bye Yuri" Yena said.

"Bye" both Yuri and Minjoo said. Yena walked out. Minjoo watched as Yena left.

"You should've told her when you had the chance Yuri" Minjoo said. Yuri didn't say a word; she just looked down at her coffee mug.

"…I don't need to hear it from you as well." Yuri said.

.

.

.

Chaewon and Hyewon were on a taxi, they were heading to STARPLANE office building. They had just left the hotel they were currently at. Chaewon always hated going to meetings but he always went through with them.

It wasn't long before the taxi they were in reached the STARPLANE office. Hyewon tipped the driver before they both go out; as soon as they got out they entered the building.

In the office Chaewon and Hyewon were greeted by Ahn Yujin. Yujin didn't know what went on between Chaewon and Minjoo, in fact; this was the first meeting she had with Kim Chaewon. She must've missed her at the ceremony 2 years ago.

It wasn't long before Yujin signed everything off. Finally, it was done. What Chaewon worked so hard to do was finally done. She wondered what Minjoo was thinking about all this, but to her dismay Minjoo was not there.

"Well, that went rather nicely." Hyewon said. Chaewon chucked.

"Yeah…" Chaewon said. Chaewon felt something sting within her heart. She couldn't understand what this feeling was, could it have been regret? …It was, this feeling was clearly a regretful feeling. But why was she feeling such an emotion? Could it have been that she felt bad for what she's done?

‘No, I couldn't be…’

"What are you planning on doing Chaewon-ah?" Hyewon asked.

"Actually, it's been too long, I thought I'd visit my sister." Chaewon said.

"Is that so" Hyewon smiled. "Well take your time; I'm going to head back. There's nothing in our schedule for the rest of the week, so just relax." Hyewon said. Chaewon nodded.

"…Right" Chaewon smiled. Hyewon signaled for a taxi.

"Later then"

"Bye" Hyewon said as he got into a taxi.

"So she did it?" Yuri said. She was on the phone with Minjoo, who had just told Yuri that Yujin had sold the company off to Off The Record.

"Well, Minjoo why didn't you try to argue with Yujin if you didn't want her to sell the company" Yuri asked.

"…I did, but I guess in a way, I wanted her to do it." Minjoo said. Minjoo was suddenly disturbed by the door bell to her house.

"Yena's at the door, I'll call you back." Minjoo said. Just by hearing her name was enough to make Yuri hearts tingle.

"Okay, bye Minjoo, and good luck." Yuri said.

"Thanks Yuri, I'll try my best. Bye" Minjoo said. The call ended and Yuri put down her phone. Yuri dropped on her couch in her empty apartment, she took in a deep sigh when suddenly she heard a loud knock on the door.

Yuri seemed a bit irritated. Who could be up at this time? It was only 10am. Yuri got up and opened the door. Yuri couldn't believe her eyes.

"…Chaewon?"

Minjoo opened the door to let Yena in.

"Good morning Minjoo, how are you" Yena said. Minjoo smiled.

"I'm fine Yena, how about you?" she asked.

"I'm a little tired, but anyways, do you have the divorce papers?" Yena asked.

"I did, I've already signed them… But I'm scared…" Minjoo said. Choi Yena gave her a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry Minjoo-yah, its better out then in. Isn't that right?" Yena said.

"I know" she said.

"Where's Ahn Yujin right now?" Yena asked.

"She's on the way home" she said.

"That's good, this gives us some time. Why don't you go over what you're going to say?" Yena suggested. Minjoo nodded.

.

.

.

"Hi …Yuri" Chaewon said. The red haired girl tilted her head down in shame.

"…Yuri …I'm sorry about the way I've been acting" Chaewon let out. Lately whenever Chaewon and Yuri would talk over the phone, Chaewon would always behave rudely to her for no apparent reason.

"…Chaewon"

"Come in" she simply commanded.

Just like that Yuri had let everything go. Yuri was never the type of person to hold grudges on others, especially her own twin.

Ahn Yujin entered her home to find Minjoo and Yena seated at the kitchen speaking silently. Yujin walked into the kitchen.

"Yena what are you doing here?" Yujin asked.

"I was just stopping by." Yena said.

"Well do you mind letting yourself out, I need to speak with my wife" she said rather rudely. Yujin walked right up to the kitchen table, noticing the mood on Minjoo' face.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" she asked. Kim Minjoo had a disgusted look on her face as she glared at Yujin.

"I want a divorce" Minjoo said sternly, finally getting it off her chest. Yujin's eyes widened at what she had just said.

"What are you saying Kim Minjoo!" Yujin yelled.

"You herd me-" Minjoo was cut of as Ahn Yujin slapped her across that face. Yena stood there in shock. Yena quickly got up.

"I make the decisions here! Not you! Now why don't you-" It was Yujin's turn now to get cut off as Yena grabbed her left arm and twisted it.

Ahn Yujin winced in pain. "Just sign it so we could all get along with our day. The pain was so excruciating that Yujin almost cried.

"Okay, okay!" Yujin screamed. Yena handed Yujin a pen.

"There, sign it" Yena said. Minjoo was a little taken back by Yena's actions but… She didn't care; she just wanted to get on with her life.

Yujin began signing her name on all the papers that required her signature. After she had signed all the papers Yena had let go of Yujin, as soon as she let go, Yujin dropped to the floor. Yena grabbed the forms and grabbed Minjoo' hand as they went out the door.

Minjoo couldn't believe at what had just happened. Just like that, it was …over?

"Minjoo, you're going to have to stay with Yuri until we can get all your stuff out of here" Yena asked.

"Yes, you may be right." she said. They exited the house and Minjoo got into Yena car. Yena started up the engine and drove off towards Yuri's apartment.

.

.

.

"Wow you sure have been busy Chaewon. Why did you buy Urban?" Yuri asked.

"We wanted to truly expand what we do, that's why" Chaewon said.

"Is that so…" Yuri said. Silence filled the air.

"So Yuri, are you seeing anyone?" Chaewon asked. Yuri put her head down.

"…No"

"Still working on Yena, right?" He asked. Yuri blushed.

"Yeah… but nothings working" Yuri said. Chaewon smiled.

"I've kind of stopped trying a while go…" she said. Chaewon jerked her head up.

"What, you gave up?" Chaewon said.

"She's seeing somebody right now" Yuri said, trying to keep a straight face. Chaewon didn't know what she could say or do. She knew exactly what Yuri was going through, Chaewon went through that right before her and Kim Minjoo started seeing each other, it was a long time ago…

Suddenly someone began to knock on the door.

"Now who could this be" Yuri said getting up to answer the door. Yuri opened the door to find Minjoo, and she was with … Choi Yena. Yuri felt her heart race when she saw her. Suddenly a thought came popping through Yuri's head.

'…Minjoo is here… and so Chaewon. I wonder how this is going to turn out' Yuri couldn't help but grin.

"Oh Minjoo, how did it go?" Yuri asked.

"I… did it" she smiled, Yuri smiled as well.

"Well come in you two" Yuri said as she brought her face closer to Minjoo.

"You'll never believe who I got sitting in my living room…" Yuri said. Minjoo jerked her head up and looked towards the living room, but from Minjoo' angle, she couldn't see a thing.

"Who is it" Yena asked. All three of them were cut off as Chaewon walked closer towards the door. Minjoo' heart literally melted. Was it jus an illusion? Kim Chaewon was trying her best to keep an emotionless face… but her actions were futile. Chaewon's eyes scanned Minjoo' body from her head down. Over the years Minjoo had gotten a bit taller; her hair was longer and was a lot glossier then before. When Chaewon saw Minjoo she felt her heart melt all over again.

Yena stood shocked as she saw Chaewon. It was the first time she had seen her in about two years.

Minjoo couldn't believe her eyes. This was definitely a shocking turn of event. Kim Chaewon was the last thing she would ever expect to see. Chaewon's hair seemed to have grown a couple of inches longer, and she was as gorgeous to her as she always had been. The fact that Chaewon was wearing an expansive suit just made Minjoo' hormones go haywire.

Chaewon was the first to talk. "Sorry Yuri, I just remembered that have somewhere to be." Chaewon said walking over towards the door. Chaewon avoided making eye contact with Minjoo.

"What, I thought you were off for the rest of the day." Yuri said.

"I just remembered something I had to do." Chaewon said as she slipped into her heels.

Yena was a little shocked from the situation, but she didn't say a word. This should've been Kim Minjoo' moment and Chaewon' moment alone. Chaewon quickly exited out the door.

A few seconds after Chaewon had left Minjoo quickly went after her.

.

.

.

.

.

To Be Continue

kimmyungsoojung © 2019