You took me back

Nothing Feels Better

Chapter 1

.

.

Not long after Minjoo cancelled engagement with Ahn Yujin, she moved in to stay with Chaewon. It's been 2 months and just when they thought things are going to get a lot better for them, many things had bound to occur. Minjoo found her unable to coordinate with Chaewon under one roof. They started to quarrel over the littlest things like toiletries. It was not because they weren't used to living with one another, but they were used to having everything their way.

Their breaking up years ago also caused a little doubt in each other's heart about the other person.

"Kim Chaewon, you're the worst, I regretted ever running away from the marriage. I had better off staying at home than staying with you." Minjoo screamed at the top of her voice at a very stubborn Chaewon.

This time they quarreled because of the different channels they wanted to watch on the television. It's not like they have no other television in the house, but they just wanted to give no room for the other lest losing their face in front of the other by being a quitter.

"You were in front of the television for the past 1 hour, it's time I use it and you should oblige to my request. I'm getting really sick of your attitude and…" Chaewon didn't get to finish her sentence before getting cut off by Minjoo. "Fine!" She shouted.

I can't believe she could've done this after us going through so much. So much for all those love and sacrifices stuff, they are all shown on dramas and story books. I was being naïve. We're not beauty and the beast after all. Fairy Tales are better off non-existing as they are just a bunch of lies.

Minjoo stomped up to their shared room packing all her clothing into the luggage before carrying it down to the livings. Chaewon turned around to see her carrying her bags and knew that was coming. It's been the fifth time during these two months and there's no way she's buying this trick again.

She always used this to get her way so she isn't going to give room this time. Minjoo left the house not bothering to even look back. Chaewon thought that was way over as she rushed to the bedroom they shared and opened her wardrobe. It's totally empty. Minjoo would always leave some clothing behind as she never planned on leaving in the past.

Chaewon knew what this had to mean as she rushed out of the empty mansion looking around for any signs of the younger one figure.

It was then; her pride got the better of her again. Kim Chaewon didn't want to look as if she was worried about Kim Minjoo as she might just be watching her from far for this to happen. This maybe a brand new trick Minjoo's trying to pull off as her old method is way too out-dated.

She'd probably come back after nightfall or tomorrow morning feeling hungry and stuff, then, she'll know that she can't live without me.

Chaewon went back to bed to sleep and found that she wasn't used to not having Minjoo by her side after sleeping on the same bed with her for 2 months. This will just be for one night Kim Chaewon, and then Minjoo would be back by tomorrow.

Minjoo continued walking as she came upon an inn to put up in. Chaewon probably think that 'this is a brand new stunt I'm trying to pull. I wouldn't have been stupid enough to forget about the fact that the method which worked 4 times will not work for the fifth time.’

Minjoo checked into the inn settling down quietly, spreading her on the bed staring blankly at the ceiling. "Why did this have to happen?" She asked herself.

'I thought for sure that things would work out just fine especially after what we've done the day after I ran away from my wedding. It couldn't have been my problem,' things had started going wrongly after their first week of staying…

'Maybe Kim Chaewon just had another girlfriend out there and she might've been keeping it from me.'

Minjoo reassured that it wasn't her fault all these happened, she strongly believing that Chaewon's been keeping another girl out there.

It's not like Kim Chaewon doesn't have the ability or qualifications to hook up with another girl. Minjoo lifted her hand up staring at the promise ring on her fourth finger. Then her mind started wandering,

 

Chaewon rolled to her side facing Minjoo as she stretched out to the bed side retrieving something from the drawer. It's a tiny little box. Kim Minjoo had an idea what it would be but pretended to be clueless.

Minjoo shot Chaewon the most innocent pair of eyes which easily duped the older one, sending her into to the heavens. Chaewon bought the signal Minjoo smiling sweetly at her. Chaewon lifted the side of the lid of the box to reveal a dazzling diamond ring in it.

"I've had this since the day we started going out last time. I want you to move in with me Kim Minjoo." Chaewon kissed Minjoo’s forehead gently.

Minjoo felt like she was in cloud nine as she accepted the ring staring at the stunning shining object. However, during that time, Chaewon's eyes seemed to shine even more.

"I'd be more than happy to live with you Chaewon-unnie." She smiled at Chaewon warmly.

 

Kim Minjoo frowned at the ring on her finger as she desperately tried to pull it out despite it hugging onto her finger to tightly.

"So, you think you could tie me down with this thing huh, Kim Chaewon." She finally got the ring off her ringer as she attempted to throw it out of the inn's window. She raised her hand and found herself unable to just dump it out of the window like this.

"What's wrong Kim Minjoo? You are supposed to throw this chain along with all the bunch of lies it contained away and start with your own life." She told herself.

She raised her hand once again and retreated. She couldn't help but think of the times she been through with Chaewon, both thick and thin.

She brought down her hand and clenched the ring as tightly as possible forcing her eyes shut. She could feel thousands of emotions attacking her mind at one time. No matter how strong of a person, they would not be able to take it.

Her tear was slowly forced out of her left eye. Minjoo sat upright wiping her trickle of weakness off. "I'm not going to cry because of some stupid person."

Chaewon might've thought that Minjoo was becoming boring to her. ‘Maybe all these while, that was what Chaewon-unnie was going for, my innocence.’ Kim Minjoo started to drift off into her deep thoughts. The thought of Chaewon using Minjoo for her own pleasure purposes made her burn.

"She's rich, so such a ring should've been peanuts to her. There's no need for me to keep it anyway for all I know, Chaewon might've given this same lock pad to other girls without the key to free them. I will not fall for such a trap and become a pathetic fool giving into her." Minjoo thought as she threw the ring to a corner of the room falling asleep on the less than comfortable bed.

 

.

.

.

.

.

To Be Continue

kimmyungsoojung © 2019