prologue

Memo

 

 

 

"What are you thinking about?"

Mino tore his eyes away from the ceiling to look at his roommate Seungyoon who entered the room just then. The lanky boy leaned up against the doorway with folded arms as he awaited an answer.

"I'm not thinking about anything." Mino muttered before sitting up on his bed. "You're back early? What happened to your friend?"

"Nothing, we talked for a bit then he had to go, so I came back here."

"Oh." Mino watched the younger male sit down on the bed opposite of his. "What was the point of going out then?"

Seungyoon shrugged, "I needed some fresh air. Been awhile since I've actually interacted with someone other than you and Hoony."

"Don't forget Jinwoo.." Mino reminded the boy.

"Jinwoo and I aren't close anymore. He's like Hoony a lot more."

"Yeah you're right. It's the same for me." Mino sighed, "but still.."

"Yeah I know, we're all friends til the end. I just wish that Taehyun could be with us now."

Mino frowned, "Get over it, he's gone. He made the decision to leave and I'm not going to try and change his mind anymore."

Seungyoon sighed, "You're right, sorry for bringing him up. I just... I miss him sometimes you know. It's only been a year since then."

"He's moved on, and so should we." Were the last words Mino said before the room fell silent again. Seungyoon eventually went to bed and Mino lay awake awhile longer thinking about the past. Taehyun was a close friend of theirs, but he eventually decided to leave Seoul and live on his own. It was selfish of him to go without thinking of anyone else's feelings. Then again, maybe it was for the best.

Mino cleared his thoughts and it wasn't long before he fell asleep as well.

The next morning he woke up early for class. He was a senior and wanted nothing more than to graduate so that he could finally be what he wanted to be, an artist. He sketched a lot in his free time and some days he even visited the local Art Musuem to stare a paintings for hours at a time. It as was his passion, unlike his current major which was in Business. His father wanted him to follow him in his footsteps and one day become the CEO of Song Inc.

Mino sighed and stared at his reflection in the mirror. He wore his usual school uniform and tie, with his shirt tucked in. But his punk grunge style was still evident despite that. His black hair was cut short and most of his flesh was covered in tattoos that would have devastated his mother if she had ever seen them.

"Ready to go?" Seungyoon appeared in the doorway dressed in his uniform as well.

"Yeah." Mino turned away from his reflection and followed the younger boy out of their shared room. They rented an apartment together near the the school, Seungyoon's parents kicked him out after he got into a fight them over his grades. He was slacking off a lot this year of all years. He was a senior as well, but only because he skipped a grade.

He was super smart, but also very careless.

"Did you get enough sleep?" Seungyoon asked once they walked into the school building.

Mino nodded, "Yeah why?"

"I don't know, you seem quieter than usual."

"I'm always quiet, you're just now realizing that?"

"I guess I am, maybe because Hoony is the loud one." Seungyoon laughed, "There he is now!" He left Mino's side and ran towards Seunghoon who was standing at his locker with Jinwoo at his side. Mino walked to his own locked and took out a few books before someone appeared beside him.

"Yo."

He looked up to see Oh Sehun, a Junior. He was probably the most popular guy in the school, and mostly because of his good looks. People used to say that the two of them looked similar at first but their styles were completely different, so they started to appear as two different individuals.

"What do you want?" Mino asked impatiently as he closed his locker.

Sehun frowned, "Ya, I was just saying hi. Are we strangers now?" He asked.

"I'm just not in the mood to talk."

"Why not? Did you have trouble sleeping?"

"No, it's...it's nothing. I'm just busy." Mino said before walking away. He entered his first class expecting to sit down in his usual seat but there was already someone sitting there.

A girl. She had long black hair and a face that Mino had only seen in dramas. Who was she?

He had never seen her around before. "Excuse me." He approached her and she looked up at him with big brown eyes.

"Y-Yes?"

Mino was mesmerized by her beauty for a moment. She looked completely flawless. He quickly snapped out of it. There was no reason for him to be fawning over a girl he didn't know. Besides he wasn't really the dating type.

"I'm don't mean to be rude, but you're sitting in my chair." He said.

"S-Sorry." The girl quickly gathered her things and moved to another empty desk.

Mino sat down at his desk without a word. Their professor walked in moments later and class began. He could the girl's eyes on him during the lecture, but didn't bother looking at her. She probably hated him, like most people did. He wasn't good at making great first impressions. He was lucky to even have friends considering the fact that he was often cold towards most people. It was just who he was, there was no other explanation.

When class finally ended he walked out into the corridor alone until that girl appeared beside him. "Wait!" She said and grabbed Mino's arm stopping him.

Mino looked down at her with an arched eyebrow. "What?"

"I just wanted to know your name." The girl said with flushed cheeks.

"Song Mino. Yours?" Mino replied.

"Jisoo, Kim Jisoo. It's nice to meet you Mino sshi." Jisoo bowed and showed him a warm smile.

Mino was surprised for a moment but only nodded. "Nice to meet you too Jisoo ah." He said before walking away. He managed to get through the rest of his classes before going home. He entered the empty apartment dropping his bag near the door. Seungyoon was still out with his other friends. Mino was used to being by himself until the other boy returned.

He didn't like hanging out much on school nights, just because graduating was a priority. The black haired boy got into bed and stared up at the ceiling. The room fell utterly silent and he found himself thinking about Jisoo. He didn't know why he couldn't get her off his mind. Was it because she actually said hi to him and smiled at him? It was the first time in a long time any girl had ever did that. Mino hadn't had a girlfriend since his last one dumped him a few years ago.

She claimed that he was a jerk and warned all the other girls to stay away. She was only doing the right thing though. Mino wasn't exactly boyfriend material and he definitely didn't see himself getting in another relationship anytime soon. He cleared his thoughts and closed his eyes. Nothing was going to change. He was destined to be alone.