Help, from those who love you

Helpless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Okay, here’s another omegaverse oneshot. Something I thought of for another fic actually but it could work as a standalone and a separate piece without it having to be in another fic. So please enjoy and happy Seulrene day.

 

Also I’ve recently begun a crowdfunding page and thank you to my sponsors: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171, and cwright01 your willingness to support me while I’m figuring this all out in the beginning is much appreciated :)


 

The hospital was in sight for a brown-haired omega as she parked her car in the parking lot and made her way over. In one hand is her purple purse and the other a carry bag of miscellaneous items such as a comfortable and fuzzy orange blanket, warm orange slippers, and a couple of drawings made by two special little artists. When the omega enters the hospital she’s greeted immediately by staff as she’s been coming here for the past month or so.

 

“Mrs. Kang, hello.” One of the main nurses smiles when she sees her. Joohyun smiles back politely.

 

“Hi, Nurse Choi. Did she have an okay night?” Joohyun asks the nurse as they make their way to the private hospital room. The slightly older nurse turns to her with a look of concern.

 

“She had a mostly difficult night, Mrs. Kang. But we tried to make her as comfortable as possible. The recovery process is often the most difficult.”

 

Joohyun nods in understanding. She was hopeful her mate and wife had a better night but it’s not surprising if her partner hadn’t. The nurse knocks on the door first before entering. The blonde alpha in bed is laying on her side with gaze turned out toward the window.

 

“Mrs. Kang?” The nurse speaks to the patient in bed. “How are you feeling, dear? You have a visitor.”

 

There is nothing in response. Joohyun has come to expect that there are days where her wife will not respond. There are times where she sits with her mate in total silence because it’s painful for her to talk. Then there are times her wife will at least look her way and give her some acknowledgement. Most of the times it’s greetings such as this, none. Joohyun simply thanks the nurse and says she’ll handle it from here.

 

“Let us know if you need anything.” The nurse says and leaves Joohyun alone with her wife. The omega smiles sadly and places her bags down in the extra chair. She will usually sit in the comfortable hospital armchair when she’s here, which is everyday. There was only one time she couldn’t visit her wife and that was because their youngest child was sick and needed care.


 

“Honey?” Joohyun speaks and touches her shoulder. There is nothing in response to her touch. Joohyun will sometimes release her lavender scent on purpose to make her mate at least look her way. It works sometimes but often not.

 

“Sweetheart, I bought you some things. I know it’s not fun being here away from home, so I bought your favorite blanket and your slippers too. You know the bright orange ones you love so much. Want me to put them on for you?”

 

Again there’s nothing but the brown-haired woman simply pulls back the covers and places the orange slippers onto the blonde’s feet. When she’s finally looking at her wife with that far off gaze in her monolid eyes it pains Joohyun. She hasn’t ever seen her alpha this despondent, although she understands why. It’s especially hard on an alpha who has been injured and feels helpless in the way her wife must feel. No one wants to be in a hospital where they can hardly move, talk, walk, and take care of themselves when they once were able to.

 

“Kang Seulgi, you’re going to have to acknowledge me soon, otherwise my feelings are going to be really hurt.” Joohyun says with a smile and pushes her blonde locks away from her face. There looks to be some acknowledgement as Seulgi’s gaze lifts but still nothing like she wants. Joohyun knows what to do.

 

“I brought something else.” She reaches into the bag for the drawings. Both drawings from their children in an effort to help their sire feel better. Joohyun walks over to her again with both in her hands.

 

“The kids drew these for you.”

 

That helps and Seulgi does look. It’s better than nothing.

 

“They wanted to give you something to brighten up your room. You can tell which one Jiyeon did because she’s already like a little artist much like you, baby.” Joohyun smiles some and touches her forehead. “But Jae he did his best, look, he even colored in the lines just for you. Not bad for a 4-year old, right?”

 

At the mention of their children by name it makes the alpha close her eyes and then Joohyun sees the tears silently rolling down Seulgi’s face. No sire wants to be away from their kids, and especially not small kids like their daughter and son who are only 7 and 4. Joohyun knows how Seulgi must be feeling right now not being with them all. It’s much the same as them being at home without her. They’re all missing an important part of their family.

 

“Baby, don’t cry.” Joohyun whispers softly and kisses away her tears. She has been with Kang Seulgi a long time and this is the love of her life. Joohyun hates to see her not only in this physical pain but the emotional kind as well.

 

“I’m going to put them both right here by your night table. Hey, I know. What about going out for a little bit, hm? We can get a wheelchair and I can take you out to the garden area. Having some air could do some good, Seul.”

 

Monolid eyes open fully and Seulgi is looking at her this time in her eyes too, which is already more than the brunette could hope for. But then Seulgi’s lips move some and she speaks as best as she can.

 

“G..Go.”

 

“Go?” Joohyun repeats. “I’m not going anywhere right now. Listen, I know you’re hurt and in a lot of pain. I know you don’t want me here because you have this thought in your head that suddenly I don’t see you as my kind, amazing, and strong alpha because you’ve been injured. You are still my alpha, honey. I know you hate being here and it hurts you to not be with our family now, but don’t push me away.”

 

For the past month since her accident Seulgi has been in this hospital. For most of that time she was unconscious, but ever since she had woken up Joohyun has been here. Seulgi knows her wife and knows without a doubt she has been here even before she woke up. The alpha hates being this burden. She doesn’t like being as helpless as she feels these days. She especially hates being away from her family too more than anything. Seulgi hates that it causes her pain to talk and she can hardly speak but so many words without it inflicting physical damage. The alpha doesn’t like that now she has to call for a nurse to help her get up and out of bed. Where once she could simply go as she pleases. It’s a hard time for the alpha and she knows it’s not easy on her wife either.

 

“Please...go…” Seulgi tells her this time in a slightly stronger tone, which is not saying much.

 

“You aren’t going to push me away, Seul. I am your wife and partner. I’m here for you, so are we going outside for some air or what?”

 

It doesn’t surprise the monolid woman at all. Joohyun wouldn’t leave her here when she’s going through so much. Seulgi supposes that they are going out for a walk.


 

Meanwhile, at home two little kids are sitting with their godparents the Park’s. Sooyoung and her wife Yerim, whom are close friends to the Kang’s for many years. Sooyoung is Seulgi’s business partner and has been handling much of their shared company interests in the meantime. She and Yerim have also been helping Joohyun out as much as possible while she tries to be there for Seulgi and still take care of their children.

 

“Auntie Soo.” Jaehyun, the youngest child gently tugs on her sleeves. He is really the spitting image of Seulgi with the same features but has Joohyun’s round chocolate eyes. Jiyeon on the other hand is all Joohyun. She looks like a mini Joohyun and Seulgi would even tease that she offered nothing to their daughter who looks all like her wife.

 

“Yeah, little guy. What’s going on?” The auburn-haired alpha picks him up and places the little boy on the couch.

 

“Do you know when mommy’s coming home? Mama won’t say.” He frowns some in a nervous way. Truthfully Sooyoung doesn’t know any better than Joohyun does. It doesn’t seem like Seulgi is getting out anytime soon.

 

“I don’t know when your mommy’s coming home, but you know your mama is taking care of her too, and she’s in the hospital where doctors are doing their best.”

 

Jaehyun nods even though the answer doesn’t necessarily cheer him up. Sooyoung feels bad because he’s just a little boy who misses his mom. Jiyeon is a little older and so she’s handling things a bit better. It doesn’t mean she’s fine either or she doesn’t really miss her mom. She and Seulgi are very close and it’s a glaring difference to not have their sire around as well.

 

“Tell you what, guys.” The blonde omega speaks. “How about we go out for ice cream, does that sound okay?”

 

“Yes, Auntie Yerimie.” The two children nod and it’s enough to see them smiling. Sooyoung and Yerim get the kids ready to go and text Joohyun their plan to take them out. They could use a distraction to help them not think about what’s happening, at least for a little while.

 

“Hey, Soo.” Yerim turns to her wife before they get into the car too. “Have you seen Seul recently?”

 

“A couple days ago. She’s not really up for visitors right now, but Joohyun is with her, so maybe it’s helping.”


 

The truth is nothing is helping the blonde alpha. She sits outside with her wife who insisted on taking her out for some air. The garden area is nice and the air feels good against her skin, but Seulgi is in no mood for anything. Not when she doesn’t feel well and can’t take care of herself.

 

“Hey, are you hungry?” Joohyun asks as she returns with some homemade soup. “It’s from Seungwan’s restaurant. She had it delivered here for you, do you want some?”

 

Seulgi has very little appetite these days. She hasn’t the strength sometimes to eat, and then there is the pain.

 

“No, n-not hungry.”

 

Joohyun still opens the container of soup. She is hoping to at least feed her a little of it. Seulgi needs to keep up her strength in whatever way she can.

 

“Will you please eat a little, Seul? I worry about you being here and not eating.” The omega worries about her wife all the time. It’s very hard being apart for her too. It’s hard to give their children such little answers as to when their mom is coming home. Jiyeon handles it a little better than Jae, but Joohyun knows how hard things are for both her babies. The alpha turns to look at her with that far-off look.

 

“F-Fine..”

 

It makes Joohyun both happy and relieved to see Seulgi eat some of the soup. She blows on it for her and feeds her spoonful after spoonful. Seulgi avoids her concerned gaze. Joohyun knows she hates feeling helpless.

 

“I love you, honey.”

 

Seulgi nods to her. It’s not long before the blonde wants to go back to her room. She doesn’t even want Joohyun to stay anymore and asks her to go. Seulgi turns away and puts the blanket over her, or tries. Joohyun helps her and leaves a soft kiss to her cheek.

 

“Don’t push me away. I’m not going to stop seeing you. I’m coming back tomorrow and there’s nothing that will stop me, baby. I love you, and I hope you have a better night.”

 

The omega tries to give her hand a squeeze but Seulgi doesn’t squeeze back. The monolid woman is still to the touch and that is hurtful. Joohyun hates what this is doing to her wife. She wishes more than anything to make things better. When Joohyun gets home she is right away greeted by her kids. Sooyoung and Yerim have been amazing during this difficult time, even though they are busy with their own situations going on. Joohyun appreciates the two of them and how good they’ve been with her children in particular.

 

“How’s mommy?” Jiyeon asks her first. Jiyeon is really like her mini me. She looks like a small version of her but is very similar to Seulgi in personality. Joohyun picks up her daughter and kisses her cheek. She knows how hard things are for her kids.

 

“Mommy is resting, sweetie. Did you have a nice time with your Aunties?”

 

“Yeah, we had ice cream.”

 

Joohyun thanks both Sooyoung and Yerim who tell her not to worry about it. They are glad to be of help to their friends in this difficult time. Joohyun is soon walking the other couple out, and they use the time to talk.

 

“How’s Seul?” The auburn-haired alpha wonders.

 

“Is she feeling any better?” Yerim asks.

 

“She’s the same. She’s not really up for visitors and is in a lot of pain. It could be a while yet before she’s able to come home.”

 

The other couple figured as much. The accident Seulgi was in had been terrible, and it’s lucky that Seulgi is even alive.

 

“Hey, whatever you need from us, Joohyun. We’re here for you and the kids.”

 

“Thank you, guys. You’ve both been so good with my children and helpful. I appreciate it.”

 

“You don’t need to thank us.” The blonde assures. “Anything we can help with, we will.”

 

“Thank you.” Joohyun says and holds in her tears. She is very stressed lately and is still trying to remain as strong as she can be. Strong for children, wife, and herself as well. The brunette exchanges hugs with both of them and goes back inside to be. Jiyeon and Jaehyun are sitting in the living room and trying to act like they’re not waiting for her. Joohyun knows how very hard this all is for her children too. They both love and miss their sire. Seulgi is always there with her to play with them, take them places, and she’s never been missing from a single bed time usually reading stories to their two kids.

 

“Jiyeonnie, Jae. Come here, babies.” The omega carefully picks up her kids into her arms. She places kisses to each of their foreheads and sits with them on the couch.

 

“Is mommy better yet?” It’s her son that asks first with worried gaze.

 

“Can we see her?” Jiyeon wonders. She always asks no matter what. It breaks the omega’s heart when her children ask for Seulgi. Seulgi who refuses to let them come to see her. On the one hand Joohyun does understand why Seulgi doesn’t want for their kids to see her. They are small children and hospitals can be scary places even for adults. However, Joohyun hates how worried the children are. They will be worried more so that they can’t physically see their sire. Joohyun is hopeful that tomorrow she can convince her wife to agree.

 

“Not yet, Jiyeonnie. But mommy is being taken cared of well in the hospital. I promise you when you two are able to go. I will take you.”

 

“Okay, mama.” Jaehyun nods with a small smile. Joohyun gives hug and kisses to her children again. She will make sure that they will spend time with Seulgi soon. No matter what it takes to achieve this. She understands Seulgi is hurting. But so are their children who just want to know how their mom is. She hopes that Seulgi will be in somewhat better spirits tomorrow.


 

Nights are always difficult for one Kang Seulgi. Her days are hard but it always feels like the nights are harder. The pain is usually immense so it’s hard to sleep despite the medicines they give to her. Seulgi wishes for something stronger, yet knows the doctors are only willing to go but so strong, and the blonde does understand logically. It does nothing to stop her from feeling helpless, alone, and to an extent bitter. She is angry too as she is separated from her wife and children right now. As an alpha she wants to be right there with her family and not here in thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter