that one time taeil went to Seoul for the weekend

That One Time in Uni

On Friday evening, Taeil was smiling. Instead of being stuck doing homework in the library, he was on the express train on his way to Seoul for the weekend. Quite a few of his international suitemates had never been to the big city, since their university was so far out, so Taeyong and Doyoung organized the short weekend trip. Out of obligation, they invited everyone in the suite (including Hyungil), plus some of the girls they met on Monday, so there was a massive group of twenty-four of them, filling up the seats on the bus. None of the suite wanted to invite Hyungil, but their kindness outweighed their annoyance, so he was coming along with them. 

The train into Seoul plus short subway rides to get to their airbnb made it so by the time they got to where they were starying, it was really too late to do anything big. The whole group of them went for dinner, crowding the tiny samgyeobsal restaurant, leaving stuffed and happy an hour or two later. They bought way too many snacks at the convenience store before crashing into their airbnb, changing into pajamas but still too excited to go to bed. 

They all sat around the big living room of their suite, snacking and lookng around. Taeil had never shared a house with a bunch of girls before, and even if he wasn't attracted to them, the idea of it was still exciting. Hyungil was practically bouncing out of his seat. 

"Johnny, aren't American parties pretty wild?" Yuta asked, and Johnny nodded. 

"It's not true for everyone, but I know I went to a lot of those kinds of parties in high school."

"What's the craziest party game you know?" Hyungil asked. 

Johnny thought for a moment before smiling. "Uh, probably seven minutes in heaven." 

"How do you play?" Ten asked. 

"So...everyone writes down their name and puts it in a bowl or hat or something. Then someone pulls a name out and has to go into the closet with them for seven minutes. Technically you don't have to do anything, but it's way more fun if you kiss, at the very least." 

"Let's play," Hyungil spoke immediately, and for once, the rest agreed with him. Taeil nodded hesitantly; he was nervous, not to mention he'd never been kissed before. But the game seemed fun, and anyways, if he didn't kiss someone now, then when would it happen?

Kun got out a notebook and looked around, tearing up the paper and writing down their names on the little slips. 

"Kun, maybe just write down the guys names, and the girls will pick them out," Hyungil said matter-of-factly. 

"Hold up," Ten interrupted, and everyone looked at him. "What is this, 1952? Girls only going with guys is so boring. Kun, just put in everyone's names. If a girl gets a girl or a guy gets a guy, that's ing that." 

Slowly, everyone, both boys and girls, began to murmur their agreements. Hyungil was disgusted, but he was outnumbered, so he fell back. "Fine," he gumbled as Kun got everyone's names and put them into a bowl he found in the kitchen. 

"Who's going first?" Kun asked. 

"I will!" A sweet looking girl with short hair piped up. Kun passed her the bowl, and she pulled out a slip of paper, reading it quietly to herself. "Jaehyun?" She said quietly, looking around for the face that belonged to the name. 

Jaehyun stood up slowly as everyone ooh'd and aah'd at the pair, sharing an awkward smile. 

"Shall we?" Jaehyun asked. The girl nodded, and they uncomfortably went into the closet. Kun started the timer and other than the occasional undiscernalbe noises coming from the shut door, nothing much of interest happened. They stepped out just a few seconds after the timer blared, sharing another awkward smile before sitting back down in their earlier spots. 

"Not bad," Jaehyun said while nodding. 

"Not bad yourself," the girl answered. 

"Did you guys even kiss?" Ten asked. 

"Yeah," Jaehyun answered, a bit shyly, and everyone cooed. 

"It wasn't even with tongue though. Super casual," the girl explained. 

Yuta looked around and grinned. "I'll go next," he volunteered. He got another one of the girls and went into the closet with her. She seemed extra shy, and there were even less sounds coming from the closet than when Jaehyun and the other girl were in it. Again, they emerged seven minutes later uneventfully. 

"Did anything happened?" Taeyong whispered to Yuta. 

"Just a peck," Yuta responded very quietly. "It was her first kiss." 

"Me next!" One of the loud girls cried, grabbing the bowl and digging through the papers. She pulled one out, the other girls looking over her shoulder with their mouths agape. "Hyemin!" She cried, throwing another one of the louder girls a wink. The whole group got excited again, cheering them on and watching closely. Even Hyungil seemed excited, but Taeil figured that was just because he found two girls together hot. 

They stood up and grabbed each other's hands, pracing over to the closet door with nervous and excited smiles. As soon as they heard the sound of the door shutting, Kun started the timer. 

It started off slow but soon enough, noises began to emit from the shut door. Everyone seemed to inch closer to it, listening to the sounds of high pitched female giggles, loud thuds, and soft, almost y whispers. Taeil couldn't decide whether all the excitement came from the of two cute girls together, or that finally some people were getting into the game.

"Uh-um, your time is up," Kun said, a couple seconds after the alarm began to blare. With a loud knock the girls pushed open the door, both with their hair tousled and lips plush. The girl apparently named Hyemin had bright red cheeks. 

"How was it?" Ten asked with a raise of his eyebrow. The girls just giggled loudly; it was obvious to everyone that they'd done more than just peck each other's lips. 

"Fun," the girl who reached into the bowl said slyly, giggling at her friend again. They sat down, and everyone waited for the next victim of the game. 

"I guess I'll go," Taeyong spoke with a shrug, Ten waggling his eyebrows at him before Taeyong reached into the bowl. As he dug around, he whispered something into Ten's ear, only reading the slip of paper in his hand when he finally finished saying what he had to say to Ten. 

Taeyong looked up with a surprised and amused expression. "Uh, Kun?"

"Holy ," Kun said dejectedly. 

"I'll take over the timer," Doyoung spoke gleefully, gently pushing Kun up. Kun relunctantly stood, and Taeyong grinned jokingly at him. 

"Ready to have some fun?" Taeyong asked. 

"Absolutely not," Kun responded and everyone burst out laughing; he had already been pinned as the prude of the group. The two of them walked in, and Taeyong tugged Kun inside. Many noises came from the closet during Taeyong and Kun's seven minutes: frustrated yet very unual whines, lots of crashing, and many feminine giggles that definitely came from Taeyong's lips. As soon as Doyoung called time Kun pushed his way out the door, followed by Taeyong, who was laughing his off. 

"I have been violated!" Kun cried, definitely flusterest but also definitely joking. 

"It was just a peck!" Taeyong whined back. 

"Ugh," Kun groaned as he and Taeyong sat back down. He put his face in his hands as Taeyong and Ten whispered and giggled to themselves. "What would my girlfriend say?"

Despite Hyungil's disgust with the entire situation he still looked up in surprise; he hadn't expected Kun to be the one out of all the handsome guys to have a girlfriend. Even Taeil was a little surprised, but Kun was so sweet and kind that after a bit of thought, it made a lot of sense. 

"Kun, I think if your girlfriend was here, she'd find it hilarious," Yuta said, patting Kun on the back. 

"Please, someone else just go," Kun bemoaned. 

"Uh, me," a girl said softly. "I wanna get it over with," she whispered to her friend before reaching into the bowl. "Sicheng?"

The Chinese boy in questions made a face and stood up, the two completely neutrally making their way into the closet. After a very short, unintelligible whispered conversation, the closet fell silent until the timer went off. They emerged as soon as it was time, sitting back down without any emotion. 

"What happened in there?" Taeil overheared Yuta ask Sicheng. 

"Nothing. We didn't feel like kissing," Sicheng explained. Taeil briefly wondered why Sicheng would agree to play if he didn't actually want to  kiss, until he noticed his fingers lightly pressing on the top inside of Yuta's thigh. He shook his guess from his mind, immediately feeling guilty. 

"Taeil?" Johnny's voice suddenly spoke; Taeil was distracted by Yuta and Sicheng so he hadn't been paying attention. When he looked up, he saw Johnny looking at him with a slip of paper in his hand...the slip of paper with Taeil's name on it. 

Taeil looked panicked back at Johnny, and Johnny stared at him with an expression he couldn't read. Hyungil was covering his mouth to hide his outright laughter at the situation, but Taeil was way too nervous to care. Everyone else seemed very interested in what was about to go down, and that only made Taeil more freaked out. 

He and Johnny silently stood up, Johnny giving him a comforting smile as they walked toward the closet. Johnny took his hand, helped him inside, and shut the door. It was absolutely pitch black in there; Taeil couldn't even see the silhouette of Johnny's frame. Luckily he managed not to knock anything over, leaning against the closet's side wall. Their breathing was the loudest thing in the tiny room, drowning out the muffled noises of talking outside, and he was terrified Johnny would hear the beating of his heart. 

"Taeil," Johnny mumbled, his voice so low, and Taeil felt a shiver run down his spine. "If you don't feel comfortable kissing me, that's alright." 

Panic ran through Taeil. As absolutely painful as it was to admit, a big part of Taeil was utterly desperate to kiss Johnny. Johnny's voice, the lack of light, the entire situation; in that moment he'd never wanted someone more. It frightened him; for his first real attraction to be with another man was something Taeil didn't even want to think about. But he was needy enough to push his worries aside and let himself have what he wanted. 

"N-n-no," Taeil stuttered back, just above a whisper. "I do feel comfortable...I mean, i-if you do." 

Taeil couldn't see Johnny's face at all in the dark lighting, but somehow he was sure Johnny was smiling. "I do feel comfortable," he mumbled, a small lilt in his voice. "Could I kiss you?" Taeil felt Johnny's massive frame inch closer, and his breaths were just so loud in the tiny closet. 

"Uh-huh," Taeil responded, unable to think of a proper response due to the intensity of the situation. He heard Johnny inhale, exhale, and suddenly lips were on his. 

Taeil felt himself trembling as Johnny kissed him so delicately at first, like if he kissed Taeil any harder, he might break him. Taeil felt so warm, so safe, Johnny's massive body surrounding him, taking care of him in this vulnerable moment. Taeil had spent most of his life thinking about his first kiss with rising panic; the longer he waited the more nervewracking the actual moment would be. But Johnny tilted his head, Taeil followed, and Taeil never imagined that any of this would be quite so easy. 

Johnny's lips pressed harder and Taeil just copied his movements, the closet seemingly becoming hotter as they pressed closer and closer. No longer was Johnny being quite so cautious but he was still soft and gentle with Taeil's tiny body, very lightly pressing him completely against the side wall of the closet. He was so tall and Taeil had to stand on his tippy toes to reach his lips, but that felt even better. One of Johnny's giant hands cupped Taeil's face, the other wrapped around his waist, and Taeil swore he was in heaven. He would think about the consequences of enjoying this so much later, for now, he could just himself have a little fun. 

Taeil released a small noise of disappointment when he felt Johnny's lips leaving his own, his hot breath in his ear. "Is this okay?" Johnny whispered, his voice so low and rough, his fingers s beneath Taeil's t-shirt and caressing the bare skin of his waist and stomach. 

"Yeah," Taeil answered breathlessly, Johnny placing two light kisses on his neck before pressing their lips together again. Johnny's other hand made its way beneath Taeil's top too, rubbing circles on his pale skin, pressing their chests flush together. Johnny was still as gentle and caring as ever, but it definitely felt good to be a little bit manhandled by him. 

"God, Taeil, you're so-" Johnny started, his breathing short and shallow, but he was suddenly interrupted by the sound of the timer going off. They both sighed deeply, and Johnny didn't let go of Taeil for seconds that felt like minutes. 

"Come on, get out of there you two," Doyoung teased, and Johnny finally pushed his way out, followed by a very shy Taeil. 

Everyone immediately began to whoop and holler at them. Johnny sauntered back confidently, but Taeil could do nothing of the sort; he scurried to his own place like a little mouse. 

"What the hell did he do to you?" Ten whispered to Taeil. 

"N-nothing," Taeil stuttered. Ten sighed and rolled his eyes, clearly not buying Taeil's bs. 

"Look in the mirror," Ten answered. Taeil opened the camera on his phone, and his soon as he did, his eyes grew wide: his lips were a little swollen, and his cheeks were bright red. It was immediately obvious what had happened in there. 

"Taeil, did you ing like that?" Hyungil started. Taeil's smile disappeared and he looked down at his lap; he should've known his brother would take the opportunity to humiliate him in a situation like this. But with his head down, he couldn't see everyone else glare at him. "I've always had a feeling you were into that-"

"Hyungil, shut up," Jungwoo interrupted. Taeil looked up in shock; even though he was quiet, the whole room heard him. This was one of the first times he'd heard Jungwoo speak, and it was in his defense. Taeil was truly touched. 

"What?" Hyungil asked, chuckling awkwardly. 

"Yeah, shut up. No one cares," Taeyong added. "Now, who's next?"

Taeil was still in too much shock, from being kissed, being touched, from everyone's defense of him to pay attention to what was going on around him. It wasn't until two girls had gone in and out and Hyungil was emerging with a girl, that he finally snapped back to attention. The girl was grimacing painfully, and Hyungil looked bitter, almost embarrassed even. 

"ing prude," Hyungil muttered under his breath. The girl who went in with him whispered something to her friends, and they all turned to glare at him; one even subtely giving him the middle finger. But Taeil was not surprised; he should've known his brother would do something stupid in that closet. 

"Can I please go?" Ten groaned, and the last girl passed him the bowl. "Uh, Dayeon?" 

The girl apparently named Dayeon stood up and grinned with a light in her eyes; she seemed excited to get Ten. Ten seemed neutral on the situation, but Taeyong looked really pissed off: he was slouched over, his arms were crossed, and Taeil could honestly say he was pouting. Ten gave him a look, and he went into the closet. Loud bangs and high pitched giggles emerged from it, and by the end of the seven minutes, Taeyong was fuming. 

Ten emerged from the closet, sitting back down next to Taeyong, and Taeil listened closely to their whispered conversation. 

"What's your problem?" Ten whined, and Taeyong continued to pout. "We didn't do anything." Immediately, Taeyong began to smile, and Taeil wondered why Taeyong would care so much about his friend's actions in the closet. 

The next few rounds passed fairly quickly, another set of girls going in and out. Doyoung and Jungwoo went in too, and when they emerged it was obvious that they'd kissed. But before and after, Jungwoo and Yukhei shared a forlorned look, and Taeil could only assume that they'd wanted to go in together. Yukhei went next, and when he got one of the girls, Taeil thought Jungwoo was about to cry. Yukhei looked beyond disappointed, but he still went in dutifully.

"Guys, I'm exhausted," Kun spoke up as soon as Yukhei and the girl were done. Taeil checked his phone; it was two am. 

"Yeah, we should head to bed," Taeyong responded, everyone standing up with a groan.

"There's not nearly enough beds for all of us," Ten explained. "So you either gotta share or sleep on the floor. Pick your poison." Everyone moved to go brush their teeth and head to bed, and Johnny pulled Taeil aside. 

"Wanna share? I'd rather not sleep on the floor." 

"S-sure," Taeil stuttered, still a little shy from their kiss earlier that night. 

"Good," Johnny answered and they crashed onto one of the free beds, very much ready to sleep. Someone got up to turn off the light, and despite the many boys in the room, it mostly fell silent. 

"Good night," Johnny whispered into the dark, yet Taeil could still tell there was a smile on his face. 

"Good night," Taeil whispered back, and shut his eyes. In the bed, Taeil could feel so much: the soft movements of Johnny's limbs, the warmth eminating from his skin, his breaths fanning across Taeil's face. They faced each other in the bed, and it should have been awkward. But it felt warm and safe, and Taeil fell asleep right away. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Taeil awoke to his body being softly shaken. His eyes blinked open and he saw Johnny sitting upright next to him, looking him over with a gentle smile. 

"Morning sleepyhead," Johnny teased, and Taeil felt his heart warm up and his lips twist up into an affectionate smile; it was just too cute. 

"Mmh, morning," Taeil replied, and Johnny made the same expression he was making. 

"Come on, get up. Kun made everyone breakfast." 

"He did?" Taeil cried, sitting up. Johnny chuckled, and the two got up to eat. 

Despite Taeil's fears, despite his shame at his own growing attraction, that night and morning with Johnny had been utterly perfect. If Taeil could live every morning this way, he would be happy for the rest of his life.