that one time taeil was truly happy

That One Time in Uni

It was the sunday before the spring semester began, and god it felt good to be back with everyone else. Taeil had spent winter break in the dorms with Johnny, so it wasn't exactly a bad time, but it felt weird not to have everyone all together. But now, they were all back together again without all of the bad baggage from the last semester. And it felt great. 

Taeil had been right that Hyungil would never truly get the punishment he deserved. He was found guilty, but he wasn't expelled (Taeil knew his parents must have done something to keep him enrolled). But he was on academic probation, and had to move back home with their parents. Obviously this didn't win him any popularity points, but it didn't matter to Taeil either way. He was just glad he was out of their dorm. 

He was replaced by a sweet little canadian born Korean named Mark, a fellow quiet music theory major that they all got along with immediately. Plus he hadn't been phased when he had accidentally walked in on Ten and Taeyong ing, so clearly he was perfect for their group. 

All twelve of them were seated around the living room table, gorging themselves on delivery food and talking about everything and nothing, winter break blues and starting class again even more blues, how Yukhei had both lost his wallet three times at his parent's house in Hong Kong while simoultaneously making the dean's list for having a 4.5 gpa. Taeil didn't even know how a person got a 4.5 gpa. 

"Taeil, what are your plans for the summer?" Jaehyun asked. They were already looking forward to the freedom of summer, and classes hadn't even begun yet. 

"Honestly, I don't really know. My parents kinda cut me off so I can't go home, besides, I would never want to..." 

"Darling, do you have some savings?" Johnny suddenly asked. 

Taeil gave him a confused look. "Yeah, plus I'm gonna get a job this semester, why?" 

"Come back to Chicago with me this summer," his boyfriend spoke finally. 

"Wait, really?" 

Johnny nodded and grinned. "It's about time I tell my mom about you." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: and.... that's it! omg, can you believe it? this chapter is just supposed to be an epilogue which is why it's so short, so sorry about that. I've been writing this for over a year... that's my fault; i should have updated quicker, but it's done. 

did you all like it? did you not like it? general thoughts? please let me know! comments really keep me going and being a more motivated and better writer. I highly, highly appreciate them. Thank you to everyone who did leave a comment, or subscribed to my story! I appreciate it so much. Writing makes me so happy and seeing that my writing, my passion can make other people happy is just such a great thing. 

based on voting from both aff and ao3, my next stories will be a summer camp au! summer camp aus are kind of my specialty and ive written just about a million thus far. I have a completed exo trilogy (written years ago and not very well) that you can find here, here, and here. I already have two parts finished to the nct summer camp trilogy, which you can find here and here. The new story, where they will be camp counselors, you can find here. And here is the page for the loona summer camp au!

thank you all again for everything. i hope you enjoyed my little story and i hope to see you all on the new one!

love, 

rainbowdonkeys