Do you believe in magic?

Polaroïd and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do you believe in magic?

 

22 June 2018

 

Taehyung entered in his new house with a box of flowers in his arms and a boxy smile plastered on his face.

 

“Finally!” He exclaimed. “I already feel like home” he winked at his friends Jungkook and Jimin.

 

“And I feel like dying…” whined Jimin. “Where should I put this HUGE box?” He asked, his arms trembling as he was carrying a box of books and CDs.

 

“Oh just here!” Taehyung giggled, pointing at a corner of the living room.

 

Taehyung was home and for him, home was not a place but a feeling; and this very place was not built of walls and beams, it was built of dreams. It was a small house near the lake, surrounded with trees and ducks. He knew he would be happy here. Not far away from the city center to hang out with his friends but enough to feel the peace of the nature and the silence of the earth.

 

“Well, I think we are done!”  Jungkook cleaned his hands on his pants.

 

“We will miss you Tae” Jimin gave a slight smile.

 

“Come on, I’m just 30 minutes away from your apartment Chim” Taehyung broadly grinned, amused by Jimin’s reaction.

 

Somehow, Taehyung needed this loneliness, not because he did not like his friends but just because he was missing something he never knew before: serenity.

After a wild year in the center of Seoul, this young man from Daegu was missing fresh air and sunshine. He needed a break and most of all he needed to focus on his paintings, away from the vrooms of the cars and the madness of the capital.

 

‘Keep your love of nature, for that is the true way to understand art more and more’ He remembered this quote from Vincent Van Gogh he read in a book as he looked around the empty rooms of this calm house.

He imagined how he would decorate them, where he would put his paintings, his books or even his couch for a chilling night with his buddies.

But as his eyes lingered on the room, an object that did not belong to him drew his attention: a Polaroid camera.

He frowned at it but took it in his hands anyway. As he analyzed the unexpected object, he accidently took a picture of the empty place and an instant picture was soon being printed.

 

“Is this yours?” asked Jimin who heard the click of the camera.

 

“Nope…” Taehyung continued to look at the Polaroid, waiting for the photo to be fully developed. “I found it here. Maybe the former tenant forgot it.”

 

He looked at the picture again, and his eyebrows immediately furrowed. It was for sure a picture of the room but instead of being empty this one was full of paintings – so charming in simplicity- and a man. A man he never saw was hanging one of them on the wall.

 

“What the h-”

 

22 June 2019

 

“Hell!” Yoongi startled when he heard a sound coming from the closet. Not a sound, a click.

 

He put the painting, he was hanging, on the floor and opened the big armoire. His eyes opened in surprise at the sight of a Polaroid camera inside.

 

“How…” He started to ask himself as he examined the object. “Who…” He continued. “Who forgets it here?” He wondered.

 

But he had no time to think that an instant picture was printed. But not any picture. A picture of his room… empty.

Yoongi looked around him as if he wanted to make sure he was indeed alone. And looked at the picture again.

 

“Did this thing just print a picture that he registered a longtime ago or…?” He reasoned himself.

 

'Maybe this thing is completely broken; printing random pictures taken a while ago' Yoongi thought. 

And just when he was about to put the Polaroid on the bedside table, his thumb slid and press the button of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter