VIII. Chapter

Be my light in the dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
30th May 2008

36 weeks

“Seojin… what is… wrong with me?” Jonghyun sobbed and Jinki kissed his tears away.

“Nothing… you are completely fine…” she smiled and looked happily at Jonghyun.

“I have to congratulate you…” she said and looked at Jinki who widened his eyes.

“C-congratulate… to us? W-why?” he stammered when SeoJin grinned and Heo came with a blood test.

“Here,” she smiled and handed the results of the test to Seojin.

“So, Mr. Lee and Mr. Kim, you are expecting a baby, it is four weeks old when was your first intimate contact?” she smiled and watched the test.

“O-on first May…” Jonghyun stammered. “But… Seojin… I am a man… how… how can I have a baby?” Jonghyun blinked and Jinki was just like a statue.

“Well, you have a rare disease… you have organs like a woman has, I mean… sure, you have a , but your body has connected uterine with ovaries to your rectum… it has a different position and when you will be in a labour, we would have to do surgery… well… now I hope you won’t say me that you don’t want the baby,” Seojin blinked and looked at Jonghyun and Jinki.

“C-can… you… give us… privacy?” Jonghyun whispered when Seojin smiled.

“I will, Mr. Lee, here are photos of your baby and I will be in the next door,” she smiled, wiped Hyun’s tummy with napkins and gave Jinki three pictures of four weeks old baby.

Jonghyun bit his lip and squeezed his fingers. He shivered and from his eyes fell down a few tears. He was surprised. He was unsure. What if Jinki will now shout at him? What if he will leave him as everyone will after hearing this news? But Jinki didn’t say anything. Did he just already leave like a ghost? Jonghyun bit his lip.

Meanwhile, Jinki was sitting next to Jonghyun and tried to collect his thoughts. He watched the pictures and tried to become again consciousness. He was going to be a dad. He was going to be a big appa for his baby and… oh my god! He was soon expecting a baby with his love of life! A tear escaped from his eye and he finally looked at Jonghyun who was quietly crying, tears were running down his face and Jinki wanted just slapped himself for being such a bad partner. He completely forgot that Jonghyun can’t see his expressions! He softly took Hyun’s hands into his when the younger man got startled a bit but he recognized Jinki’s touch.

“J-Jinki I-I am… s-sorry… I… I…” Jonghyun started sobbing and Jinki put his finger on Hyun’s lips.

“Hyunnie, let me talk, please,” Jinki smiled when Jonghyun shivered and Jinki kissed his tears away when he pulled Jonghyun into his lap and helped him into his shirt.

“Jonghyunnie… I… can’t say how happy I am, I always wanted to have small family, when I met you I didn’t care that I will have just you… but now… we’re going to have a baby, you are my baby, I love you so much… I am sorry I’m so surprised… I… Hyunnie,” Jinki smiled happily and hugged Jonghyun tightly.

“Jinki,” Jonghyun whispered and hugged Jinki tightly back when he sobbed more.

“Don’t cry, sweetheart, don’t cry my beautiful,” Jinki whispered and Hyun’s cheeks and his tummy.

“I have to…  have because I have the best man I could ever have,” Jonghyun sniffed and Jinki chuckled when his cheeks and also shirt were wet.

“I am so happy, Jonghyun-ah… I will take the best care of you both,” Jinki smiled and took Jonghyun’s cheeks between his hands and looked at Jonghyun’s eyes which were shinning and were wet.

Jonghyun saw just black. Nothing more, but he was happy and he felt Jinki’s beautiful scent which calmed him. He leaned closer to Jinki and sniffed his scent even more. He missed it so much. Though he felt it every day.

“So… you will… love me… and also the baby?” Jonghyun blinked and Jinki chuckled.

“I already love you both, ah… Hyunnie,” Jinki smiled happily and hugged Jonghyun tightly again when he squeezed him.

“I… I am going… to have a baby… our baby…” Jonghyun muttered and sobbed.

“Hyunnie,” Jinki laughed with joy in his eyes and he kissed Hyun’t cheeks and nose.

“Don’t cry, my sweetie, our little one will be confused why you are crying,” Jinki smiled.

“So… I was moody and unwell because… of our baby, of our little one,” Jonghyun sobbed.

“Yes, you were and you will be, what about going home? I will give you hot cocoa or you want chocolate? I will give you everything,” Jinki smiled and squeezed Hyun’s cheeks.

“And can I have both?” Jonghyun pouted when Jinki laughed.

“Sure, you can have both, you can have everything what you would like to,” Jinki smiled and Hyun’s cheeks when Hyun chuckled happily and kissed Jinki’s nose.

“Now, we should go… we have to prepare the room, okay? Or… do you want to keep the gender of the baby in secret?” Jinki smiled and ran with his hand in Hyun’s hair.

“I… I want to know his gender… I want you to pick up everything he would… need… you know… I… I won’t be able to be a good appa… I… I can’t see him…” Jonghyun bit his lip and lowered his head.

“Jonghyunnie, honey, sweetheart, shshsh… don’t cry, please, don’t cry… I know… but I will be by your side every day when I won’t be able to… I will call Minho or someone else to help you, okay? We will find a way and I will ask my boss for days off when our baby will be born,” Jinki kissed Hyun’s forehead and Jonghyun sniffed nodding.

“Good baby… now smile, be happy… don’t think so badly… we are going to be appas! Be happy for our little baby,” Jinki squeezed Hyun’s hand.

“We can… go… umm…” Jonghyun sobbed smiling.

“I will ask Yesung hyung if he will help us… he loves children, what about spending your pregnant months among horses?” Jinki smiled happily and Jonghyun widened his eyes.

“Horses… whole eight months… with horses?” Jonghyun bit his lip and Jinki saw happy sparkles in his eyes.

“Yes, me, you and Scara… but I know that you will miss Minho and also your studio… so we can go there every weekend, what do you think?” Jinki smiled and kissed his boyfriend.

“You are right… I will still need to do my works… and you have your work in the town too… do you think that you will have a better schedule?” Jonghyun blinked and bit his lip.

“I will do everything for it, I promise, Hyunnie, now, we should go, okay?” Jinki smiled and helped Jonghyun to get up.

“Okay,” Hyun whispered and nodded when Jinki helped him and he put the pictures of their baby to his pocket.

“I will keep that pictures in my wallet,” Jinki smiled.

“I wanna take one to mum… one… we should have at our home in the living room and third is yours,” Jonghyun blushed shyly and lowered his head down.

“I will keep it with me, I promise, we can buy an album so we can put there every picture of our baby, what do you think?” Jinki smiled and Hyun’s eyes were sparkling more.

“Yes!” he smiled happily.

“I will ask them for an album with Braille, it will be better for you, beautiful,” Jinki kissed Hyun’s temple and walked out from the room when Seojin walked back to her emergency room.

“Oh, guys, are you going home? Is everything alright?” she smiled and Jinki nodded.

“Y-yeah, how often I should come here for a check?” Jonghyun asked and Jinki squeezed softly his hand happily looking at his boyfriend, at his little gem.

“Every month, so at the end of every month you should come here, I will give you an identity card which we are giving to women who are pregnant, you are a man, but you should have it too, wait,” she smiled and walked to the ambulance.

When she was back, she handed Jonghyun a blue card with some information in Braile. “It is for you, you can read everything in here, don’t worry… just to remind you, you can’t drink coffee, alcohol, you can’t eat raw meat… so no sushi with salmon or tuna… you can eat only non-meat sushi, also you should have only three times a week fish, be careful and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, don’t eat too many sugary foods or you will get gestational diabetes,” Seojin smiled and squeezed Hyun’s shoulder.

“And… will I be able to paint?” Jonghyun smiled when Seojin chuckled.

“Sure, you are lucky now that you don’t have hard work. Just don’t lift any heavy things, okay? You can’t burden your body, your tummy will slowly grow so don’t be scared… in two months the baby should start moving in your tummy, we will also know what the gender the baby is,” Seojin smiled.

“Okay, that is amazing, thank you, Seojin, I believe you that you will take the best care of us,” Jonghyun smiled and Jinki kissed him.

“You are welcome… oh and Jinki… Be ready, he will be more mood, whinier and will eat more and more, okay?” she winked at Jinki when Jonghyun pouted.

“Ya! That’s not true!” Jonghyun said.

“No? And now you are what?” she laughed, but then hugged him. “Have a nice day and congratulation,” she chuckled and Jonghyun turned to Jinki when he hugged him tightly.

“She is so mean, really,” Jonghyun pouted and snuggled closer to Jinki who was laughing and hugging Jjong tightly.

“She just wants to help you,” Jinki smiled and caressed Hyun’s cheeks when they slowly walked out of the hospital.

“Help me… how? She just told me that I can’t eat sushi, that is enough!” Jonghyun pouted and Jinki giggled opening the car for Hyunnie.

“Get in, my fluffy pouty cutie,” Jinki smiled and pecked Jonghyun’s lips.

“Okay, because it is you and your beautiful kiss, I will listen to you,” Jonghyun nodded and carefully got in when Jinki laughed closing the door behind Hyun and walked on his driver’s seat where he sat down and put on his seatbelt when he helped Jonghyun as well.

Then they drove back home, but Jinki stopped by the shop when Jonghyun waited for him inside the car and Jinki was shopping a few things home, like food, because he wasn’t sure how many kinds of fruit and vegetable they have a home, or what Minho has. After the shopping time, he put it into the trunk and continued on the way back home where he put everything into the fridge while Hyun sat down on the sofa with Scara next to him. Scara was whining and putting her snout on Hyun’s tummy. Then Jinki was preparing something in the kitchen and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter