Chapter 1

Regrets (JeonJungkookFanfiction)

You and Jungkook have been best friends for as long as you can remember. Him being oblivious, had no idea that you had feelings for him. He fell in love with every other girl besides you, merely seeing you as a friend. Your mother would always tell you to confess to him. You would jokingly brush it off, knowing that one day he would realize his true emotions towards you, but that didn't stop you from constantly journaling about him. 

You would even dedicate a full date in your journal to him. Time and time again, he would cheekily kiss your cheek when you would fight. When you got a bit older, he kissed your hand at your first school dance together. When you got a bit older, he would kiss your shoulders from behind you, comforting you when your heart was broken or you felt blue. He was always there for you. 

Fifteen years later, you slip into your white dress, pure and innocent. Your hair is tied up behind your head, thin strands framing your face. Your mother opens the door to your dressing room. She is dressed in a lilac ankle length dress, smiling at you with the wrinkles at the corner of her eyes present. It's a warm smile almost sad. You roll your eyes at her."You look stunning. After today, you're going to leave and I won't be able to see you again," your mother tears up. You wipe her cheek, making sure not to smudge her mascara."

It's just a wedding, Ma, everything is going to be fine." Your heart twinges at the thought of leaving home. Your mom straightens her posture, sniffling in attempt to be strong. She opens the door again and looks back at you. "Are you ready?"You heave a great sigh and plaster a smile on your face. You nod and the two of you walk out of the room. She shoves a bouquet of flowers into your hand. 

 

As you are heading towards the church, Jungkook is standing there with a tailored black suit and his chestnut brown hair, looking frantic as ever. He pauses when he sees you and he breaks into a smile. "You're absolutely beautiful," he remarks."Are you ready for this wedding to be over with?" You giggle half heartedly, poignant even. He grins and the two of you walk into the church.

A few hours later, the ceremony is over and you are waiting with Jungkook outside his vehicle, all the guests smiling and waving, confetti flying. "So, the marriage is official. How does the death of a bachelor feel?" You playfully remark, making small talk. Jungkook's eyes deeply gaze into yours, almost pitiful. 

"Y/N--" 

"Your pity is the last thing I want right now, Jungkook. You're married now...that's something we have always dreamed of and now its finally being lived out."

"I love you, I always will. You know that." He holds your hand, placing a crumbled paper in it. 

"Have a safe trip," were his final words.

He kisses your forehead as a goodbye; the last and most intimate place he'll ever kiss you again. He walks towards the "Just Married" car with his new wife, smiling and waving at the crowd from the ceremony. You open the paper he left, recognizing it from your old diary.

"18 December 2018, If only Jungkook would see me the same way that I did."

 In small letters below the entry was written:

"25 September 2033 I did, but you never chose to acknowledge it."

You swiftly looked back up at him. Your mind is pounding against your skull urging you to yell 

"STOP DON'T LEAVE YET!"

...but you were too late. You watch as his body is already in the car, his wavy hair bouncing behind him as he leaves your life forever.