Three

Secret I Can't Tell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your stare is going to bore a hole on the back of Seungyoon’s head.” Jiho whispers to Mino’s ear as he leans on the back of the sofa where Mino is sitting. He didn’t even realize he’s been staring at the back of Yoon’s head who was all the way across the room, deep in conversation with Yu Tian, arms flailing around in enthusiasm to whatever it is they were talking about. Yu Tian isn’t talking much but he does look engrossed. He’s just laughing at whatever Yoon is saying which is very telling for Mino on how much of a faker he is since Yoon’s not really capable of making anyone laugh as much as how Yu Tian is laughing right now.

Mino sighs and turns to look somewhere else as Jiho sits beside him.

“You know, he slept on my room last night.” Mino tells him.

Jiho raised his eyebrows as he slowly looks at Mino in surprise. “Well?”

“Well what?” Mino asks.

“Was it good?” Jiho whispers with a wicked grin on his face.

“What? No! He literally just slept in my room!” Mino said while elbowing his ribs.

“Ow that hurt!” Jiho said while rubbing his side. “But not as much as sleeping beside Yoon and not being able to do anything I guess.”

It was so true that Mino couldn’t even argue.

“..and watching him flirt with Yu Tian everyday.” Jiho continues.

“Ya! Don’t you have anything else to do than torture me?”

“I’m not torturing you, you’re torturing yourself the longer you keep this to yourself.” Jiho’s tone is suddenly serious as he pats Mino’s back and stands up to leave.

Mino sighs again and looks at Yoon’s direction and was surprised to see Yu Tian staring at him but he averted his gaze back to Seungyoon as soon as their eyes met.

 

 

“leng ka fei li kai le bei dian

wo ren zhu de qing xu zai hen hou mian.

Ugh my pronunciation is off.”

Yoon is at his room again singing in Chinese. He’s practicing his song for the next episode by playing Yu Tian’s recording in his phone, and then mimicking the pronunciation over and over again. It would’ve been annoying if his voice didn’t sound so good.
 

“Can’t you practice in your own room?” Mino was sprawled in his bed, pretending to browse his phone the whole time when in reality he’s enjoying having Seungyoon sing to him even if he couldn’t understand a word.

“I need your opinion if it sounds good.”

“You always sound good.”

Yoon looked at Mino over the sheets of lyrics he was holding and smiled. “What are you singing for the next episode?”

“It’s a Chinese song this time. But I’ll be rapping in Korean.”

That got Seungyoon’s interest. “Oh, what’s the song about?”

“It’s about unrequited love…” Mino looked at Yoon realizing how ironic everything is. He took a deep breath. “It’s about loneliness. Longing for someone….you can’t have.” He can’t really tell if Yoon is reading something else from his words by the way he’s staring. He held Seungyoon’s eyes for a bit and then cleared his throat, breaking the moment.

“That’s interesting..” Seungyoon quietly said.

“What is?”

“Our song is about unrequited love too.”

“Oh. What’s the title?”

“Secret I Can’t Tell.” Yoon said and then he started singing that line again to Mino that he can’t seem to get the pronunciation right.

“leng ka fei li kai le bei dian wo ren zhu de qing xu zai hen hou mian***” All of a sudden, Yoon started laughing.

Mino looked at him with a puzzled expression. “What’s funny?”

“Nothing. It’s just funny that you can’t understand what I’m saying even if I’ve been singing it to your face.” For some reason Mino can’t understand, Yoon finds the whole thing hilarious.

Mino just stares at him looking confused.

“I could be swearing at you and you won’t even know.”

“Ya, were you swearing at me?” Mino threw a pillow to Yoon.

Yoon starts laughing hysterically again. “Oh Mino, if only you could understand.”

 

*** As the cold coffee leaves the coaster, I desperately tried to hold my feelings far behind

-the English translation of the line that Yoon kept singing over and over to Mino

 

Yoon POV

Yu Tian was at his hotel room and they just finished rehearsing for their final song.

“That was a good practice. Thanks for coming.” Yoon said while stretching his back. They’ve been slouched in Yoon’s desk for the past 3 hours.

“Sure. No problem.” Yu Tian smiled at him from across the table.

Yoon blinked at Yu Tian, he wasn’t showing any intention to leave even though they’re done.

“You wanna drink? Before I go.” Yu Tian suddenly asked.

They’ve never had drinks with just the two of them and Yoon found it a bit weird at this sudden proposition but he thought one drink couldn’t hurt.

“Uh, yeah sure. I have a few cans here.”

Yoon has always been an intuitive person and he sensed something different as the night progresses. Yu Tian definitely loosened up after just a few cans. He started to talk more, and Yoon noticed that he gets really touchy when he’s drunk. They were sitting on the floor and he doesn’t know why Yu Tian is sitting so close to him. He has small gestures like his hand briefly touching  Yoon’s thigh whenever he points something out, and the way he looks at Yoon just felt..different.

“I think you’ve had enough.” He stops Yu Tian as he reaches for another can.

“Just..one more.” Yu Tian doesn’t let go of the can making Yoon use both hands just to pry it away. Suddenly, Yu Tian pulled Yoon’s hand and his face was suddenly so close he can smell the alcohol from his breath.

“What are you-“

“You’re really pretty.” Yu Tian smiles before he starts to lean in.

 “Whoa, whoa, whoa. You’re super drunk. You don’t wanna do this.” Yoon laughs nervously as he tries to back away but Yu Tian has a death grip on his shoulders.

“You’ve been flirting with me since day 1. Isn’t this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter