Two

Secret I Can't Tell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino just finished rehearsing with his partner and it was time for lunch break. He thanked the staff and proceeded to look for Seungyoon and Jiho in their respective dressing rooms.

Mino knocked on Jiho’s door. “Hyung, I just finished rehearsals. Lunch?”

“Finallyyyyy. Let’s go, I’m starving.” Jiho who was on his phone stood up and went out.

“You go ahead, I’ll just get Seungyoonie!” He called to Jiho as he jogged to Yoon’s dressing room which was at the further part of the studio.

Before Mino reached Seungyoon’s door, Yu Tian was on his way out effectively blocking the view inside as he closed the door behind him.

“Oh, Mino.” Yu Tian greeted him.

“Hi, is Seungyoon inside?” Mino asked in english.

“Oh, no. He went out for lunch.” Yu Tian tells him with a smile.

“Already? That’s weird we always go to lunch together.” Mino mutters to himself. “Where?” He asks in english again.

Yu Tian just shrugs. “Maybe the cafeteria?” he tells Mino as he leads him to where it is. Mino wants to ask him if he’s sure that Yoon left to eat alone but he doesn’t know enough English to ask that so he just thanks him and turns to leave when Yoon goes out of his dressing room.

“Oh Mino, I thought I heard your voice.” Seungyoon says with a smile.

Mino gives Yu Tian a confused look.

“I was just about to ask you if you wanted to have lunch with us.” Seungyoon tells him with a smile.

“I just asked him where you are and he told me you went out to ear already.” Mino tells Yoon in Korean knowing Yu Tian can’t understand.

“What. Why would he say that?” Seungyoon laughs at Mino.

“My question exactly.”

“Maybe it’s just miscommunication. You know, with the language barrier and everything. Anyway, it’s rude that we’re talking in Korean in front of him.” Seungyoon smiles at Yu Tian as a silent apology.

“I’m the one that’s rude?”

“You’re not, it’s just a misunderstanding. Anyway, let’s go have lunch.” Seungyoon pats his back urging him to walk with them but Mino stayed where he was standing.

“You go ahead. I’ll catch up.”

“Alright.” Seungyoon smiles at him and then jogs to where Yu Tian was waiting for him.

 

 

“You want to switch partners?” The staff asked Mino as his right hand is strapped on a lie-detector shock device. All the teams were present and Yoon who was sitting on his left laughed so loud with Jiho who was on the other side of the table. They both knew that Mino has been having trouble getting ahold of his partner for rehearsals because he had a lot of schedules.

“No, no, no.” Mino assures his partner in his broken Chinese while everyone laughs.

Mino of course knows it’s a lie, and maybe it was reflex but he instinctively reached out for Yoon’s hand just when the shock came.

When it was Yoon’s turn, the question was if Yu Tian likes him more and Mino’s eyebrows shot to his forehead. He didn’t expect the question to be so direct and personal. Jiho must’ve noticed Mino’s reaction because he asked the staff what kind of question was that and told Yoon that it’s okay, he doesn’t have to answer. The question was obviously meant to fluster Yoon but Mino guesses that they must not know him very well because it would take a lot to do that. Yoon shamelessly answered “No, I like him more.” and Mino didn’t realize he was holding his breath until the lie detector declared that his answer was the truth.

Mino hates that he had to smile for the camera until the end of the shoot.

 

 

Mino was on his third can of beer when Jiho joined him on the balcony.

“Seungyoon?” Jiho asked, looking around Mino’s room.

“God knows.” Mino murmured. He offered Jiho a can of beer.

Jiho didn’t say anything but he knew Mino wanted to talk. He knows better than to ask though. He’d rather let Mino talk on his own pace.

Sure enough, Mino started talking. “You know, this wasn’t how I thought things would be here.”

“What did you expect?” Jiho sat on a chair watching Mino stare at a distance over the balcony.

“I don’t know. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter