Sweet Dream

Unconditionally

Kang Seungyoon thinks he’s in trouble. He can’t stop staring at the guy in front of him who’s meticulously narrating their past. If life is a manga, he’d be seeing flower petals falling and bright silhouette around Mino by now.

Something inside his stomach stirs. Crap! He thinks... he’s falling.

Seungyoon bites down on his lip trying to divert himself from weird thoughts.

“Seungyoon.. Hey!”

He comes back to his sense at Mino is waving a hand in front of his face.

“What?”

“I’ve been asking if you wanna leave already.”

“Aww. Ok!” He distractedly replies. Mino smiles and gets up, waiting for him to do the same.

They go back to the car. The narrow confinement of it seems not too helpful at his attempt to divert. He can literally feel the warmth and musky scent emitting from Mino. And he kind of loves it. He leans his head back at the head rest and closes his eyes.

As always, Mino is back to babying him, warning to put the seat-beat on. When he’s not moving, Mino takes it upon himself to buckle the belt for him. Even after slotting the metal-head into its place, Mino is not backing out but studying his friend’s expression.

Mino touches his shoulder and questions_

“Hey are you Ok? You look odd since earlier.”

Although he has his eyes closed, he can still feel Mino’s presence. Seungyoon’s heart starts beating erratically at the close proximity. He blurts out before he could think.

“Can you do that thing again?”

“Hmm? What thing?”

Mino’s confused at his weird request. He grabs Mino’s hand that is still holding his shoulder and moves it onto his chest.

“The thing with your hand on my chest. You did it earlier at your place too. I.. I wanna confirm something.”

Mino realizes what Seungyoon meant. Wordlessly, he moves his palm on Seungyoon’s chest in rhythmic taps. The touch is so gentle; it almost feels like feathers but not human hand. He wonders how Mino could do that. His heart that was beating harshly earlier now starts finding its stable pace just after a few seconds.

“Are you feeling better now? Were you scared of something?”

He takes a deep breath and opens his eyes again to find Mino watching intently at him, the look of concern obvious on his face.

“I think my heart remembers. It remembers you.”

He watches Mino’s expression melted into different phases of emotion. First, he looks surprised, then to a searching one as if to confirm if he’s not pranked and finally breaks into a contented grin. His molten chocolate eyes sparkle beautifully.

“It does?”

Seungyoon nods affirming it. Mino’s face breaks further into bigger and brighter smile. It makes him feel happy too.   

Seungyoon decides to probe more while they’re at it.

“So.. uhm.. we seem close back then. Were we like... dating?”

Mino flinches visibly at his blunt question. He leans back into his seat, eyes darting around everywhere but avoiding contact with his.

He mumbles in a low tone that it’s almost inaudible.

“I was an official helper there. So it’s unethical to get into any romantic relationship.”

“I see. Did you want to though?”

Mino’s eyes widen at Seungyoon’s another straightforward query. He turns his head so fast, almost get a whiplash. Seungyoon smirks at Mino’s fluster reaction.

“I mean, did you by any chance, want to date me? Because you know, I’m available if you still want it.”

“Huh?” Mino’s jaw drops. No more word comes out. He looks astonished.

Seungyoon chuckles at the frozen guy beside him. He gently taps his knee.

“Hey! Are you sleeping with eyes open?”

Mino seems to snap back to reality. He looks at Seungyoon who’s still laughing at him. He frowns.

“You were pulling my leg right? It was a joke right?”

Seungyoon’s smile drops at Mino’s question.

“You wish it were a joke?” His heart clenches. He feels like the most stupid person ever in existence.

Mino frantically retorts when he sees Seungyoon’s face turns gloomy.

 “Oh.. No! No! No! I didn’t mean it. I really wanted to. Well, I still want to.”

He silently continues_ “Date you.”

Now it’s Seungyoon’s turn to smile like a fool. He grins from ear to ear.

“Yah! Idiot, you almost give me a heart attack.” He hits Mino playfully.

Mino grabs the hand that’s hitting him and intertwines their fingers. He raises another hand and caresses Seungyoon’s cheek as if he’s petting a cat. Seungyoon leans into the touch.

“I’m not dreaming right? You are here with me, for real. And you want to date me.”

At Mino’s words, Seungyoon lips curve into a mischievous grin. He pulls Mino nape toward him till Mino’s face gets inches away from his.

“Then shall we test if it’s a dream or not?”

Seungyoon smirks before closing the gap between their lips.

He starts kissing Mino, lapping and nibbling his lips tentatively at first. When Mino lets out a whimper at his ministration, he uses the chance to slip his tongue into the warm cavern. His heart feels full when Mino’s thin lips kissing him back pliantly.

Mino let go of their intertwined hands to circle Seungyoon’s waist trying to press their bodies together. Mino’s fingers slip under the shirt and touch his skin leaving fiery sensation at the contact.

Seungyoon unbuckles his seat-belt when it’s stopping his movement. As soon as he’s free from any restraint, he pushes Mino’s shoulders, effectively stopping their kiss. Mino looks at him, his eyes glazed with lust and confusion. He pushes till Mino’s back hit the driver seat and swiftly moves to straddle onto his lap fully.

“Now this position is much better.”

He grins satisfactorily and leans down to capture Mino’s delicious lips again. Mino smiles into the kiss, his hands tenderly holding his hip and supporting his body.

They are immersed in the heated kiss when they hear a car honk. They get shocked thinking someone honked at them only to realize it is Mino’s knee accidently hitting the button.  They break off the kiss to look at each other and both end up bursting into gleeful chuckle after a few seconds.

Seungyoon hides his face in the crook of Mino’s neck, his body shaking with laughter. Mino carefully lowers the seat down till it’s almost in lying position with Seungyoon on top of him. Mino ruffles Seungyoon’s hair and hugs the boy tighter who is now leaning his whole body onto him like a koala to a tree.

Seungyoon exhales contentedly as the laughter dies down.

They stay in silent just simply reveling in each other’s presence. After a while, Mino notices Seungyoon’s breathing slowing down and his body becoming more sluggish in his hold.

“Are you gonna sleep on me like this?”

“Stay still and let me sleep a little bit. You can’t drive now anyway. It’s too dark outside. It’s your fault to make me feel sleepy. I’m comfy like this. You are so calming.” Seungyoon sleepily replies and nuzzles further into Mino’s neck. He feels light headed from their make-out session. Everything seems serene and peaceful.

Mino snorts.

“Calming? Out of y, attractive or so many other adjectives, you think I’m calming. Get off of me brat!” Mino jokingly nudges him without any force or intention to actually make him move.

Seungyoon cranes his neck to have a better look at Mino as he speaks_

“It’s the truth though. You are calming means I feel calm whenever you’re near me. It also means I trust you that much and feel relaxed. Actually, it’s even more meaningful than “You’re y or hot.” It’s the ultimate praise someone can get you know. It’s a spiritual level one.”  

Mino can’t help but giggles adoringly at the answer.

“When did you become so good with words?”

Seungyoon smiles and Mino literally feels it since his lips are touching the skin of his neck. Mino kisses the top of his head and whispers_

“Good night Seungyoonie. Have a sweet dream.”