Closure

Unconditionally

He wakes up in a room with lingering smell of antiseptic. He recognizes the smell and realizes where he is. He must be in a hospital. Again.

Seungyoon blinks for a few times trying to get used to the blinding white walls and surrounding. He looks around the room wondering how long he has passed out this time. Suddenly he thinks of that warm embrace he felt before he passed out.

Mino. Mino was there. He came back for him. But where is he now?

Through the small window on the hospital room door, he sees something moves quickly. A shadow. To be exact, a shadow of someone.

At the sight, he recklessly removes the IV cannula from his hand. The needle pricks and it hurts so bad but he cannot care any less. He dashes out of the room to chase him. In the corridor, he sees the back of that person who was peeking at him earlier. And he’s walking so fast as if to run away from him.

“Damn! Don’t run away again!”

He runs after him with a sudden surge of energy. Finally, he corners the guy in the emergency staircase. Seungyoon grabs the guy’s hand when he tries to escape. His grip is not firm but the person in front of him unexpectedly stops the movement. Seungyoon’s surprised to see him not resisting all of a sudden. But then he realizes why.

The said person is looking at Seungyoon’s hand. Because there’s blood dripping from his vein where he pulled out the cannula earlier.

“Seungyoon you’re bleeding.” He mutters, as always, ever so softly.

Seungyoon snorts sarcastically at that.

“Why do you even care Song ing Mino? You ever care if I’m alive or not?”

“I.. I..”

Mino stutters like he has lost his ability to speak.

“You’re trying to leave me again aren’t you? Then why the did you come back? Why?”

Kang Seungyoon yells at the guy who is time and again trying to abandon him.

First, he ignored him when he was sick and desperate. Now he’s trying to run away from him again.

Mino gently cradles Seungyoon’s wounded wrist with both hands, eyes looking down as if he can’t face Seungyoon.

Seungyoon glares at him, his jaws tightening as he controls his anger. He’s angry and disappointed, but despite all that, he’s still madly in love with this stupid cold hearted guy in front of him. He just can’t hate him. And it makes him more pissed.

He shakes his hand out of Mino’s hold, grabs his collar and pushes him forcefully. Mino winces when his back hits the wall.

“Why is it so easy…”

He chokes up mid-sentence. His lips are trembling from all the pent up emotions.

“..for you to leave me behind?” he murmurs more like a heart broken complaint than a question.

He releases his grip on Mino’s shirt collar and sits down on the stairs. He feels like he has no energy left in his body.

“Did you find me back just so you can drop me like that?”

He closes his eyes feeling ashamed and vulnerable. His whole life, he has never clung onto someone this desperately before. And he’s too scared that Mino would say something he doesn’t wanna hear. So he looks down, folding his arms and hugging his knees as if he’s trying to pull himself together.

Mino kneels in front of him, lifts his face and gently wipes Seungyoon’s cheeks with his thumbs. Only then Seungyoon realizes he’s crying.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry I left you.” He keeps whispering apologies to Seungyoon till he loses count.

“And please don’t cry. That’s the exact reason why I left. So that you don’t get hurt. So that you don’t suffer because of me.”

Seungyoon protests angrily in tears.

“Why? Why did you get to decide that on your own? And why was it so easy for you to make that decision? To ditch me like that.”

Mino pulls him into a tight hug. Seungyoon can feel him trembling underneath.

“It’s not easy for me either. It was never. I am who I am today because of you. I made it my life mission to find you back only to realize I wasn’t meant to be with you. Can you imagine how I would feel?”

Mino’s pained voice is gripping at his heart.

Of course, he should have known Mino couldn’t just walk away from him so easily either. Mino was the one trying to find him back even after so many years. Seungyoon whimpers like a wounded little puppy. He regrets spending the past few months being mad at and blaming him all because his coward refused to find out the truth. He chose the easy way out, to blame Mino.

“Don’t apologize if you’re gonna leave me again.”

“But..”

“But what?”

Seungyoon looks up from the embrace not wanting to hear another negative sentence from him. Like 'they shouldn’t be together' or 'he is not good enough.’

Mino presses a soft kiss to top of his head. “Listen! Listen baby. I met your psychologist with Seunghoon Hyung. I know why you forget us. Something happened back then and you were hurt so much. Your brain erased us so that you are less painful. And if I'm with you, all that painful memories will..”

Seungyoon cuts him midway_

“You mean about what happened to my mom?”