I'm here and still yours

Still, yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey all, so this was a last minute idea I thought of for Valentine’s Day. I really liked the idea of it so here we go. It’s more a bittersweet Valentine’s day oneshot for Seulrene as compared to the other two. Where instead of being able to be with Seulgi Joohyun can only visit her spirit and talk to her that way. But here goes, everyone. Enjoy!


 

Bae Joohyun could tell it was soon to be Valentine’s Day from the change in the air. The mood was different these days as stores prepared for the busy rush of lovers trying to find gifts for the special people in their lives. Candy boxes upon boxes sitting on shelves just waiting to be picked up by customers. Florist shops prepared with all kind of beautiful arrangements. Red roses galore to be handed off to someone’s love. Bae Joohyun isn’t such a person this year. She has no flowers or candy that need to be given to the love of her life. No, not this year. The brown-haired woman sits up in bed after being jolted awake by a bad dream. Normally after a bad dream she could reach over for her girlfriend Kang Seulgi. The slightly taller monolid woman would always be there to wrap arms around her to make her feel better. The warmth that radiated from Seulgi would always make her feel at ease and with time she could drift back to sleep. Not this time though.

 

Joohyun reaches over anyway on the side of the bed where Seulgi used to sleep. She touches the pillow where the dark-haired woman laid her head each night, and sometimes if she wishes hard enough she can still see her laying there. Sometimes if she thinks long enough Joohyun can still remember reaching over to kiss those soft pink lips she’s loved kissing for years. The brunette gently runs her fingers over the pillow as if running her fingers through the dark locks of her partner. Every day she misses Seulgi. Every day Joohyun wishes that she were here instead of gone. All the time Joohyun wishes that Seulgi never left that morning to go away for a work related matter.

 

(Flashback)

 

It wasn’t unusual for Seulgi to have to go out of Seoul for business. At least once a month her girlfriend does have to go for work, and although Joohyun always misses her for the time she goes. Joohyun is always understanding of Seulgi’s work situation. Today, however is a different sort of day. The shorter woman watched from the doorway of their bedroom as Seulgi packed for her trip. It’s only meant to be a few days at most, so all the monolid woman needs is an overnight duffle bag and not a lot of luggage. Joohyun is nervous about this time. She doesn’t have a good feeling and is trying her best to not look in anyway like she is worried. Seulgi is her partner for a very long time and they never needed a lot of words to know if there was anything wrong. Seulgi turns in the middle of packing to look at her shorter partner.

 

Joohyun is avoiding her gaze as she leans up against the doorway. Seulgi walks over and carefully takes her hands into her own. Joohyun still isn’t looking up and so Seulgi gently takes a hold of her chin. Soon monolid eyes are looking down into chocolate colored orbs.

 

“What’s wrong, Hyun?” Seulgi asks.

 

“Nothing, baby.” Joohyun smiles as bright as she can. It doesn’t work as Seulgi knows her too well. The taller woman simply takes her by the hand and sits with her on their bed. She takes to caressing the shorter woman’s knuckles. It only helps to relax her a little.

 

“How long have we known one another, Hyun?”

 

“More than ten years.”

 

“Please tell me what’s on your mind. Are you alright?”

 

Joohyun shakes her head that she’s not actually fine. She didn’t want to say anything because of possible causing some worry or stress. But Joohyun knows that if she doesn’t say Seulgi will only be worried.

 

“I don’t want you to go on your business trip. I don’t have a good feeling, babe.”

 

Seulgi frowns in concern. She hasn’t ever seen her girlfriend like this. She’s gone on other business trips before and Joohyun hasn’t ever acted in this way. Seulgi knows she needs to try and help her feel alright. The taller woman slowly puts her hands to Joohyun’s face and kisses her lips tenderly. They kiss for a little while before breaking away for air.

 

“Honey, I don’t want you to worry. I will be back before you know it. You will barely have time to miss me.”

 

Joohyun smiles some despite herself. She hugs Seulgi and tells her to hurry back and that she’ll certainly miss her very much. They share one final kiss before Seulgi turns to finish getting packed. Joohyun will drive her to the airport and will be the first one the monolid woman sees when she gets back.

 

“Hey, Seul.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“I love you.”


 

(End)


 

Seulgi never returned to her. At least not in the way she normally did after a business trip. How would Joohyun know that her girlfriend would be killed before she made it home? How could she have anticipated such a terrible thing even when her uneasiness about that time did make her feel something awful would happen. Joohyun just didn’t expect that sort of awfulness. She never imagined it would be because Seulgi couldn’t come back to her. Joohyun gets up and goes to retrieve one of her girlfriend’s sweaters. She wears it to bed as it still has Seulgi’s scent clinging lightly to it. The clothes brings her some comfort. Joohyun would never forget the moment the police came to her door to let her know about what happened. She was so numb after the screaming ended. Her mind refused to believe it and even when she identified Seulgi’s body at the morgue it took time to really accept the reality. The reality that Seulgi was gone and not coming home.

 

It’s been a little over a year now since then. Joohyun knows all of their friends are worried about her. She tries to see them when she is able to feels like it. But they couldn’t possibly understand her loss as Seulgi was the love of her life. The brunette sinks into bed and under the covers with her hand still against the pillow. It’s good when she dreams because Seulgi is there, and Joohyun wants to be anywhere her love is. Valentine’s Day means nothing to her anymore.



 

Joohyun knows that her younger friends Kim Yerim and Park Sooyoung are anxious around her lately. They are an engaged couple and naturally Valentine’s Day is a special day as it should be. They meet for lunch the following day with their other friend Son Seungwan. All of them were close friends to Seulgi too and she make me an effort to see them when she’s able.

 

“You two don’t have to be anxious.” The older woman says to the younger pair. “I’m not going to be upset because you two are together and in love. You should be with the person you love most it’s going to be Valentine’s Day soon.”

 

Yerim and Sooyoung exchange looks of concern. They know things aren’t exactly great for Joohyun right now. She is missing Seulgi as they all are. But in an entirely different way.

 

“We didn’t want to be insensitive.” Yerim explains. “We know it’s hard for you, Joohyun.”

 

The brunette gives a small smile in thanks. She again tells the younger couple to not worry about it. She is of course happy for them and thinks they make a good pair.

 

“I will be fine, I promise.”

 

“Joohyun I know it might be too soon.” Seungwan speaks. “Maybe, it would help to try dating again?”

 

Joohyun looks up and over to her so fast and even Yerim and Seungwan look up in surprise. They get Seungwan is only trying to help. However, Joohyun isn’t ready to start dating again at this time. She’s spent many years with Seulgi and they were most likely going to be married.


 

(Flashback)

 

For Valentine’s Day this year Seulgi had planned a romantic getaway for the two of them. The monolid woman is so sweet and thoughtful by doing this. Joohyun knew it couldn’t have been cheap either, and appreciative everything her other half was doing. The shorter woman was standing out on the balcony of their hotel room looking at the view. She feels a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist. Joohyun places her hand to the side of Seulgi’s face before turning back to kiss her lips.

 

“You left our bed.” The taller woman speaks with a small smile when Joohyun turns around to look at her.

“I’m sorry. You were sleeping so good I didn’t want to wake you. This was a really nice surprise, baby.” Joohyun leans up to kiss her lips again. Seulgi doesn’t hesitate to kiss her back and this time it’s much deeper than their first few kisses. It was very sweet for Seulgi to bring them here to Shanghai one of the most romantic places in the world for young couples. It’s an experience that Joohyun knows she will not ever forget.

 

“It was the least I could do for us, Hyun. We deserved something nice where we could just be together for Valentine’s Day.”

 

“I am very glad we’re together. I am so in love with you, Kang Seulgi.”

 

“I love you more, Bae Joohyun. One day I’m going to make you my wife and spend the rest of my life with you.”

 

Joohyun chuckles some and gives her hand a soft kiss. Seulgi has been saying she was going to marry her for awhile now. But lately Seulgi has been more vocal than ever about marriage.

 

“I want to be your wife, Seul. I hope you plan on asking me to marry you soon.”

 

(End)


 

Soon never came. Joohyun was never able to say yes to Seulgi’s proposal because Seulgi never got the chance to ask. Joohyun thinks about that would be proposal and it makes her sad all over again.

 

“I’m not going to be dating anyone in the near future. I do not want to date anyone ever again.” Joohyun says to the other woman’s question. The older woman actually is so upset now that she leaves with half-eaten food on her plate and her portion of the bill. The three remaining women try to call after the brunette who is gone. Yerim and Sooyoung hit Seungwan in the arm.

 

“Are you stupid! Why would you ask her that?” Yerim complains first.

 

“I didn’t mean any harm. I know she’s not over Seul just like that, but maybe it’ll help her to get out more.”

 

Sooyoung sighs and runs her fingers through her dark locks. She knows that Seungwan didn’t mean any harm. They all know Joohyun and she’s going to need time alone and space. They will check on her later to see how she is. But right now is no time to get her to talk.

 

“I know you didn’t mean any harm. You just know she’s not over Seulgi, and I just hope she’s going to be alright.”

 

Yerim nods and gives her fiance’s hand a squeeze. “I hope so too, Soo.”


 

Joohyun is trying her best to not cry. She knows that Seungwan didn’t mean any harm by what she said. Some people do start seeing others after time has passed. However, she is in no mental state to even think of being with anyone else. Not when Kang Seulgi was her everything and the person she saw her future with. Joohyun passes by the stores on her way home and the sights of all the reds, pinks, flowers, and candies in the windows are even more upsetting.

 

“Miss, buy something for your sweetheart?” Someone asks her.

 

“N-No, no thank you.” Joohyun shakes her head and walks off faster. She has no sweetheart this year to buy anything for. Joohyun wants to go home and sink under the covers. She doesn’t want to think of anything right now. Maybe she will dream about Seulgi. It always helps when she dreams about Seulgi. Once at home the brunette gets a shower and dresses in what was one of her girlfriend’s oversized shirts. It’s warm and bright yellow. Most of all Joohyun feels connected to Seulgi when she wears her clothes. Tonight she sits in bed and looks through old pictures and videos on her phone. Seulgi was always the cutest thing she’s ever seen. She smiles as she hears that adorable laugh in one of the videos.

 

“I miss you more than anything, Seul.”

 

A sudden gust of wind comes through the bedroom window and takes Joohyun by surprise. The brunette gets up to close the window although she doesn’t actually remember it being open come to think of it.

 

“How odd?” Joohyun whispers and closes the window. She has an unexplainable feeling going on but doesn’t want to put it to words. Joohyun simply puts her phone down and gets under the covers. She is tired and wants to sleep now so that she may hopefully dream of her love. Joohyun drifts off soon enough and it’s here where a soft almost feather-like hand reaches out to caress her cheek. Seulgi stands over her girlfriend with a sad gaze. Joohyun hasn’t been having an easy time lately and she couldn’t move on without being able to see her girlfriend for herself.

 

“Hyun…” She whispers and caresses her face again. Joohyun flinches when she feels something cold but doesn’t wake up. Seulgi knows they will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter