Here with my wife

Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, this is for the amazing and wonderful MistressofAngst. Also my wife no matter what she says, lol but Happy Valentine’s Day ^^ and I hope you enjoy this jungli gift fic I wanted to do this for you. And you think I don’t love you, :) (insert Purple Heart here). Please enjoy it’s about newlyweds jungli and they’re happy okay lol, they are happy!


 

A dark-haired woman was asleep in bed or so it would appear to anyone who didn’t know her very well. A brunette walks out from the hotel bathroom freshly showered and hair semi wet from the water. She looks over to her sleeping partner in bed with this small but knowing smile.

 

“Does she really think I don’t know she’s not sleeping?” The brunette smiles in amusement and walks over to the bed. Slowly she tries to straddle her slightly taller partner but the dark-haired woman’s eyes open and she catches hands before they can touch her.

 

“Gotcha!” She laughs and still holds onto those hands.

 

“No you didn’t, Jinri.” The brunette laughs too. The woman in bed Jinri smiles up at her before pulling the slightly shorter woman to her lips for a kiss. The kiss begins slow and careful at first. It takes no time for it to escalate to the point where the brunette is on top of her taller lover and runs her fingers through dark locks.

 

“I knew you weren’t sleeping.”

 

“I know,” Jinri nods. “I know, Soojung.” She says her name so softly. Soojung smiles again and leans down for another kiss. Jinri smiles into her kiss and thinks of the many times they have kissed over the years. Some kisses shared experimentally before either of them knew for sure if they were only feeling a curious attraction or something more. Something deeper beyond curiosity. There have been kisses born out of anger and frustration. Those kisses full of passion, want, and need. Just probably not from the best of mindsets. Jinri also thinks about the good kisses similar to this. The kisses that are simply two people in love with one another whom wish to express that feeling in the small but profound physical action of kissing. They break away and Jinri places her hand to the side of her face.

 

“Good morning, Soojung.”

 

“Good morning, Jinri.”

 

It’s always a good morning when she wakes up beside the woman she loves. It’s an even special moment more so than ever. Soojung is about to lean in for a kiss again when the sound of her stomach grumbling interrupts and Jinri laughs some before gently patting her stomach.

 

“Is my wife hungry?”

 

Wife.

 

Yes, Jung Soojung is her wife now. They’re just recently married. Newlyweds.

 

Newlyweds.

 

It feels so strange to say. But strange in the best way possible. Jinri can call this beautiful woman she loves her wife when once upon a time she wasn’t sure if such a thing was possible. They’ve been through a lot over the years to get where they are now in this happy place.

 

“I’m starving.” Soojung nods. “Are you? I’ll order room service.”

 

“No, let me.” Jinri says proudly. They are spending their honeymoon in NYC because it was the one place Jinri wanted to go. Soojung had thrown out many suggestions to her wife of possible honeymoon places. Jinri only wanted to go to NYC and when Soojung asked why. Her wife explained in simple but perfect words.

 

“NYC suits me.”

 

“Okay, you can order.”

 

Soojung simply watches as her wife orders in what is really perfect English and it’s adorable in ways because once upon a time Jinri would swear that she could not speak English, which in itself was such a lie because of all the time she had spent with not only herself, but sister Jessica, and Jessica’s now wife Tiffany. She had nothing but English speakers around her, so she was bound to pick up a few things.

 

“Yes, thank you.” Jinri soon ends the call in clear and perfect pronunciation. She laughs adorably after because she can feel Soojung’s eyes on her. Soojung knows what she’s about to say.

 

“I don’t really…”

 

“You speak really good English, babe.”

 

“Maybe..”

 

“Oh, yeah, sure you don’t.” Soojung playfully rolls her eyes. This is the second day of their honeymoon in NYC and they spent the first of it really in bed. Most of it was sleeping at first because of the long flight from South Korea where they had the wedding. It was easier to have the wedding there because the majority of Jinri’s family and some of her own were there. It was a nice ceremony of their planning and a long time in the making. Many times it felt like they probably wouldn’t have made it down the aisle. But both were glad to have made that commitment to one another and they proudly wear their wedding rings. It’s a start of a new chapter in their lives.

 

“Hey, what are you thinking about?” Jinri asks from where she’s sitting on the bed. She can see from the look on the slightly shorter woman’s face that she has thoughts on her mind.

 

“I’m just thinking about this. Can you imagine we’re here?”

 

“No, I could have married…” Jinri is about to tease but Soojung lightly hits her with one of the pillows.

 

“You could have married, who?”

 

“No one, no one.” The taller woman laughs. “But I know what you mean. We’ve been through a lot, Soojung. But nothing worth having is easy. I’m glad I’m here with you.”

 

“Me too, Jinri.”

 

There’s no one else Soojung could have been with. She knows that without a doubt. It’s soon to be Valentine’s Day and this is going to be the most special one for them. Because this year they’re not simply dating. This year they are one another’s wives. Choi Jinri is Jung Soojung’s wife and this is will be their first Valentine’s Day as newlyweds. It’s overwhelming but in an amazing way.

 

“What should we do today, hm?” Jinri wonders. “I’d like to sightsee. Anytime I come here I never have time to really look around.”

 

“We can do whatever you want, babe. We could stay in bed and just have all day.”

 

“Ah, Jung.” She pinches her cheek affectionately.

 

“It’s our honeymoon.”

 

“Yes, but we did that yesterday. I want to sightsee.”

 

“Hey, we didn’t as much as we could have! Someone was too busy sleeping.”

 

“I think you mean you were too busy sleeping, I was up. Anyway, don’t worry. I know it’s our honeymoon. I won’t forget about you.” The kiss she leaves against her wife’s lips is enough to leave her breathless. They didn’t technically sleep all that time yesterday. They did manage to make their first night in NYC memorable with some pretty fantastic . The two of them have had other partners as various points in time they were separated and seeing other people. But no one on this earth could make them feel the way that they do when they are with each other. Jinri knows she hasn’t ever felt the level of passion and want from a simple touch or kiss just because of Soojung with any other person.

 

“Okay, I’ll hold you to it.”

 

They share one more kiss before their room service arrives. They each got something different in order to try it off the other’s plate. Jinri kept on taking bites of her chocolate chip pancakes so much that Soojung simply fed her some after awhile.

 

“This was probably your real plan.”

 

Jinri laughs. “You know me so well.”

 

“I do.” Soojung agrees. They really did begin as two best friends. Same age best friends who spent almost all their time together. You wouldn’t see one without the other in most cases. Soojung can still remember when they were just best friends spending one particular Valentine’s Day together.

 

(Flashback)

 

It was Valentine’s Day and while most people Soojung and Jinri know are busy fawning over people they like. The two teens are at Soojung’s house binge watching shows and eating junk. Occasionally they listen in on Soojung’s older sister Jessica talking to her girlfriend Hwang Tiffany. Although the two teens find the pair adorable they can’t help but to laugh and tease. They make fun of how cute Jessica sounds when talking to Tiffany. The two best friends make mocking kissing sounds that only stop when Jessica gives them such a classic glare they fear what she might do.

 

“They’re cute, though.” Jinri mentions.

 

“Yeah, they’re cute. But since it’s Valentine’s Day my sister and her girlfriend are being ten times worse than ever. At least we’re not like that.”

 

“No, we’re being normal and watching tv and eating junk.”

 

Soojung laughs when Jinri laughs. They don’t need anyone else at this time because they have each other. Jinri reaches for her soda the same time Soojung reaches for her popcorn. Their hands make contact for a brief moment and they look at each other. There was a spark of some kind, right? No, it probably was just both of them thinking too much in the moment.

 

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Soojung.” Jinri smiles in that way that lights up her entire face. It’s a smile that affects Soojung even if she probably wouldn’t say that to Jinri’s face.

 

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Jinri.”

 

(End)

 

It was their time spent really as best friends whom weren’t sure what they were feeling towards one another. Both worried they could ruin their friendship if they did say, and so they ignored it for as long as possible. Until one day it grew too much. Soojung felt too jealous of Jinri’s newfound friendship with a pretty singer and she spent too much time hanging out with art friends to not think about her feelings for Jinri. Nothing could stop them and one day it came bubbling to the surface. They confessed there could indeed be something more and they did have feelings that went beyond friendship. It feels like a lifetime ago now.

 

“I’m going to get a shower, okay.” Jinri speaks. “I really want to do some sightseeing today.”

 

“Okay, we’ll do some sightseeing. But wait a moment.”

 

Jinri is moments away from heading toward the shower and stops. She stands there and waits for her wife to say something. Soojung simply walks over to her and kisses her.

 

“I didn’t want you to go without another kiss.”

 

Jinri laughs and kisses her once more against her lips. “You’re getting very romantic on me, Soojung. I’m surprised at what married life has done to you.”

 

“You’re my wife and I love you.” The serious tone in Soojung’s voice is not lost on Jinri. She knows very well how much Soojung loves her. Jinri loves her very much as well.

 

“I love you too. But you already took a shower so you’re not joining me.”

 

“Damn…” The brunette sighs. “Hey come on, it’s our honeymoon.”

 

“We’ll be here for a few more days there will be time for shared showers. Now, let me go and take mine, so we can get some sightseeing in.”

 

“Alright, we can probably have lunch somewhere too while we’re out. Sound good?”

 

“Sounds perfect.” Jinri is heard agreeing as she gets into the bathroom for her shower. Soojung smiles some after her wife. NYC really was the perfect place for a honeymoon.

 

A few hours later.

 

Did Soojung say NYC was a perfect place for a honeymoon? Well, maybe it would have been had it not been February and freezing. She and Jinri could have been on a warm beach somewhere sipping on fruity drinks with tiny umbrellas instead of walking through crowded and busy New York City streets. However, they are dressed warmly in matching black coats, gloves, and scarfs. She does enjoy walking with hands that feel perfect with her own and more than that Jinri is happy. Jinri is genuinely happy to be here and that means the world to her.

 

“I could live here.” Jinri speaks as they pass Bryant Park.

 

“Could you?”

 

“Yeah, it’s different from Seoul but in a good way. It’s a different atmosphere.”

 

Soojung nods in understanding. She honestly likes it here too. Perhaps they can discuss having some sort of place here to call their own. After all, this is a time for a new chapter in their lives as married people. It doesn’t hurt that Jessica has a store location in the city and a place too.

 

“We could always visit Jessi and Tiffany too, if we did.”

 

“Yeah, we could.” Jinri agrees. “Let’s talk about it more after…” she becomes distracted by the cute little French bakery and restaurant she sees called Le Pain Quotidien.

 

“We should get some…”

 

“Hot chocolate.” She finishes for Soojung as if reading her mind. The brunette nods because she knows this particular place has amazing drinks and food. She’s been with Jessica a few times and never had a compliant. They enter the restaurant and are seated. Jinri takes a look at the menu and all the options. A lot of things sound so good that there’s no reason why they can’t eat here too and not only have hot chocolate. They order sandwiches and two hot chocolates. Jinri takes a photo of the meal when it comes because it’s almost too pretty to eat. The hot chocolate too has a swirly heart design in the cup as well. It almost looks too pretty to drink but that won’t stop either of them from drinking their drinks. The heart reminds Jinri that it is soon to be Valentine’s Day. She and Soojung have spent many a Valentine’s Day in various ways. She remembers a time when they were dating.

 

(Flashback)

 

It’s new and exciting their newfound relationship. Jinri is happier than ever now that she’s not just Soojung’s best friend but her girlfriend too. It felt good to express her true feelings and have them returned to her. But lately they’ve been kind of awkward with one another and Jinri has a pretty good idea as to why. They’re dating now and not just best friends only. It’s Valentine’s Day and naturally they will want to give each other gifts, right? They should of course because they’re dating now. Here they sit at Soojung’s apartment. The slightly shorter woman has been acting nervous all night. She kept trying to make dinner too which was adorable even though she burned it two separate times. Jinri eventually told her in a nice way that they should order takeout from her sister Sooyoung’s restaurant. Because at least that way they will not starve and won’t have to pay either since it’s her family.

 

“I’m sorry about burning dinner.” Soojung apologizes to her when they’re sitting down to take out later.

 

“It’s okay. I think you’re sweet for trying to cook for us. I know why you’re probably a little anxious. It’s Valentine’s Day and it’s our first one as an official couple.”

 

“Yeah.” Soojung nods. “I wasn’t sure if I should do something big or not. Maybe, you wouldn’t want anything over the top you know.”

 

Jinri smiles and touches her hand. “Hey, I’m glad that we’re here. I’m glad it’s just you and me right here and we’re together.”

 

Soojung smiles too. She knew Jinri would say something like that. She doesn’t know why she was so worried in the first place for.

 

“But next year I do expect some candy or flowers at least.”

 

The teasing tone isn’t lost on Soojung and she nods with a small laugh. Next year she will be sure to give her flowers and candy. Because Choi Jinri is her girlfriend and that means everything to her.

 

(End)


 

“This is really good hot chocolate.” Soojung says and it makes Jinri look up from her own cup. It is really good hot chocolate made even better by the fact that she’s with her wife now.

 

“Thank you for agreeing to come to NYC. I know you wanted to go somewhere warmer.”

 

“Anything for you, Jinri.”

 

The dark-haired woman smiles and takes another sip of her hot chocolate. She makes a promise to Soojung that for their second year anniversary trip they’ll go somewhere of her choosing. Compromises are after all what makes any marriage. After paying the bill the couple leave and it’s back to the busy streets of the city. The stores are full of Valentine’s Day offerings from huge teddy bears, candies in all varieties, and flowers galore. Jinri is almost tempted to buy something because of how cute and adorable everything is. She has an idea but Soojung beats her to it.

 

“I kind of already bought you a gift before we left for our honeymoon, babe. But all this Valentine’s Day shopping is kind of hard to ignore. What do you say we split up and buy each other something and save it for when it’s time?”

 

Jinri laughs because it’s truly like Soojung is reading her thoughts. She too purchased a gift for Soojung before they left for their honeymoon and it’s just waiting for Valentine’s Day to be given to her other half.

 

“I bought you something too, Soojung. I like the idea of buying something from here because we’re spending our honeymoon here. Let’s meet right back at the entrance to Bryant Park, okay?”

 

“Sounds good. I’ll see you soon.”

 

“See you soon.”

 

They share one final kiss before separating to find a small gift to give to one another. There are plenty of shops around the city with gifts of all kinds. Soojung knows she won’t have a problem finding anything especially since it’s not Valentine’s Day yet and the stores have plenty to sell. It’s just going to be a matter of what exactly since there will be options. She gets to a store that is filled with nothing but cute Valentine’s optio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter