-4-

Clouds Mean...
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sitting in the lobby of Loisir Hotel in Myeongdong, Leela waited as she looked out the large windows onto the street. She was dressed professionally in a pink blouse, white jacket, and black slacks, red heels on her feet. Her hair was curled away from her face but hiding her earring-covered ears, and she applied a bit of makeup: BB cream, mascara, and a -y pink lip tint.

It was raining outside, so she saw people bundled in their coats, some with umbrellas and briefcases over their heads, and others doing their best to dodge the droplets of water to get to their destinations quickly. She wished she could hear the rain though: that sound was her most favourite and she found it the most soothing in anxiety-ridden situations, like the one she was in now.

She had gotten a call from her editor saying that she would do another philanthropic piece like the one (and only one) she did for CNBlue. Not that she didn’t appreciate the charitable donations that celebrities did, she did; it was just that she wasn’t all too keen about interacting with “idols.” Leela could handle her friend Rae dating Minhyuk, but after Henry, she realized the lifestyle wasn’t for her: the thought of strangers peering into her life wasn’t something she wanted to happen on a regular basis, and if she kept meeting with entertainers, she would get into their world indefinitely.

The drama that went on in the music industry, especially in SM, was on a whole other level too, one the public didn’t get to see. Even for that brief moment when she was “involved” with the Super Junior-M member, it was too much. So she got out. But not without getting scarred.

Leela’s sigh was heavy, and it caught someone’s attention.

“Are you okay?” he asked, concerned.

She turned towards the voice, and saw the subject of her article.

“Oh, anyeonghasaeyo,” she said, standing up to bow and offering her hand, “Leela Baek-eem-nee-da.” Hello. I’m Leela Baek.

“Neh anyeonghasaeyo,” Rain said, confused since she didn’t answer his initial question and shook her hand, “Jung Ji-hoon-eem-nee-da.” Yes hello. I’m Jung Ji-hoon.

“Um,” she said, looking down at her notes, “Interview-dae-moon-ae, Bpi-ka-ra-neun kyung-oo-neun kwaen-chahn-eul-kka-yo? For the interview, would it be alright if I called you Rain?

“Oh, neh,” he said, a little dejectedly, “Ha-sae-yo.” Oh, sure. Go ahead.

“Perfect,” she said, smiling as she looked into his eyes, “Shi-jak-hal-kae-yo?” Shall we start?

He nodded, ing his suit jacket button to sit down in the chair opposite her.

“Uh,” Leela hesitated again, “Eo-din-ka-ae dau kae-een ka-ya-ha-ji ahn-kaess-seum-nee-kka?” Shouldn’t we go somewhere more private?

“Kwaen-cha-na-yo,” he answered as he settled into his seat and motioned for her to sit back down, “Joo-jae-ae dae-han scandal ah-noo-gaut-doh aub-da.” There’s nothing scandalous about the subject.

Her smile reached her eyes as she sat. “Alright then,” she said, holding back a chuckle.

“Nae-ga mwong-ka jae-mi-eet-neun mal haess-seo-yo?” he enquired, also smiling slightly. Did I say something funny?

“Ah-nee-ae-yo,” she said, shaking her head, “Joong-dan dwael ship-ji ahn-eul…saeng-ka-haess-seo-yo.” No, I just thought…You wouldn’t want to be interrupted.

“Ah-moo-doh oo-ree-reul bang-hae-ha-ji ahn-seum-nee-da,” Rain assured her, pointing in a semi-circle around them. No one will disturb us.

Leela stared at him incredulously for a second when he took a quick glance around them. Seeing him do that made her peer too, and she noticed more than a few well-dressed men standing a little ways from where they were sitting, some keeping an eye on them and others keeping an eye on passers-by.

“Oh wow,” she whispered.

He smiled, amused by how impressed she was.

“I mean,” she started in English, “I did some research before coming here, but I didn’t think your popularity would require this…”

But then she saw an elderly woman a

Please log in to read the full chapter