-1-

Clouds Mean...
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was a grey day in Seoul, clouds covering the sky with the possibility of rain on the horizon…Not that Leela was paying any attention to the weather.

She was a journalist at The Korea Times and she had just come back to the country from France, where she was covering an environmental conference, when a new terror threat had emerged in Europe. Since she was already there, her boss had called her up and asked—no—demanded that she write what was going on. Not that she minded, she enjoyed her work, but now she had two articles to write for the same deadline and it was stressing her out.

The environmental conference was basically put on hold after the announcement of terror, and being the ever-diligent journalist, she put out feelers to her contacts and learned what she could from the local and federal politicians and people on the street, as well as social media. Soon after, she had written two articles, barely edited, and emailed them off: one about the shortened conference and one about the threat.

Leela wanted to stay in her hotel bed all of the next day, the adrenaline from recent events finally leaving her body, her boss letting her know she did good work, but she knew there would be continuous coverage of the terrorists’s threat for the next few days. Since she wouldn’t be able to board a plane back to Korea for a while, she kept her eyes and ears peeled.

Once she got back to Seoul, four days later, any person who encountered her for a passing moment could tell she was running on no sleep and litres of coffee, the time difference not helping at all. The editor-in-chief of the paper told her to take the next few days off, to

Please log in to read the full chapter