Chapter Fifteen

Ouroboros
 
Chapter Fifteen
 
 
It had been two days since the news hack and decrypting of the coded message. Jeongyeon, Momo and Jihyo had spent the whole day with Mustafa and Ibrahim before returning back to Istanbul by midnight. News sites were still abuzz about the symbols; they would be for many days. It was brunch time in the old city and the three were sitting around the table with their scrawled pieces of paper and a few specific ones that had been focused on. They were trying to decide whether to pursue a new lead they had found or fly to Scotland straightaway.
 
During the conversations with Ibrahim it had been revealed that years after the ending of the last Cycle during Ibrahim’s father’s lifetime and stewardship of the Istanbul hideout, he had uncovered the base of operations for the Cult in the city and found out who had been part of the Cult. The First World War was raging on and the Ottoman Empire was busy defending its borders, but it was easy to throw suspicions of spying and espionage onto individuals at the time.
 
Yusuf, Ibrahim’s father, was working for the Sultan’s Court and managed to implicate the Cult member with spying accusations, believably enough that the military police had the place raided and the Cult member captured, tried and executed for spying and working for the allied forces.
 
Unfortunately rummaging through the hideout they had found very little Cult evidence; it was clear the Cult had been preparing to move and depart getting rid or moving most of the evidence away. To the Ottoman authorities it looked like some crazy people who were traitors to the Sultan and at the time they had not found anything much more incriminating or any further leads to follow. However, Ibrahim suggested it might be worth taking another look at it with a fresh pair of eyes, who were intricately familiar with the Cult’s workings, maybe the Eternal Ladies could find something they had missed during the chaotic times of war.
 
“I think you should go check it out. There might be something to help you,” Jihyo said as she wiped the corners of with her napkin having finished drinking and eating her brunch.
 
“There might, but it could also be reoccupied by the Cult, although then again I don’t think they would be that dumb,” Jeongyeon said sipping the last of her tea.
 
“Will you be okay with the transaction on your own?” Momo asked Jihyo, worried about leaving her alone in such critical times. She knew their identities had not been compromised yet, however the fear still lingered.
 
“Yeah I’ll be fine. This isn’t my first business meeting don’t worry.”
 
“Alright, we’ll go see what's up with this place and meet you back at our apartment afterwards. Let us know if there is any problem okay?”
 
“Of course. I should probably head out now to make it well on time,” Jihyo said standing up from the table. “I’ll see you guys soon. You two, stay safe and don’t do anything dumb.”
 
“We’ll do our best,” Jeongyeon smirked waving goodbye as Jihyo stepped into a taxi waiting by the curb.
 
As Jihyo’s taxi sped off to Levent to sell off their gold reserves, Momo paid for the brunch and the two got in their rented car to head off to the location of the old warehouse that had worked as a base of operations for the Cult in their previous life.
 
What once was outside the city limits had been engulfed by the ever expanding metropolis of Istanbul, its claws reaching for tens of kilometres in all directions eating up the smaller villages that surrounded it. Many of Istanbul’s modern districts were named after the villages and towns that it eventually overtook and Maslak was no different. Although the warehouse and its surrounding area was filled in by houses it was a lot more sparsely populated than the crowded centres and it was still clear that development was in progress and there was lots more to build.
 
Their target lied on a little hilltop with an old warehouse and office building of stone, one that was run down and broken in places and had warnings to not trespass, as the building was crumbling and designated for demolition. At approximately three stories in height parts of its roof had already collapsed and any windows and skylights of the building were long since shattered. It was surrounded on all sides by concrete walls and where the wall had crumbled it had been plugged with plywood and barbed wire to keep any squatters out.
 
Luckily for Jeongyeon and Momo the immediate surroundings were slightly covered by trees and construction sites so there was little to no people to witness their break-in. They parked the car into the shade of the trees on the side that gave some added coverage from prying eyes and walked up to a section of broken wall.
 
“Well, ain’t it a beauty,” Jeongyeon mumbled as she looked for a good opening for them to get through.
 
“Here!” Momo called out from around the corner of the wall on the other side.
 
A section of plywood that had been used to plug a hole in the wall had cracked and whatever had broken it off had also dragged the barbed wire out of the way. Slithering in carefully they manage to sneak inside the premises with little noise and no harm. They entered the main warehouse their footsteps echoing loudly despite its partially collapsed roof and open windows.
 
“What could we find that the Ottoman police couldn’t?” Jeongyeon thought out loud, looking around the very plain boring old warehouse. “They turned this place inside out right?”
 
“Right. But they don’t know the Cult like we do,” Momo replied with a cheeky grin. “This is a brick building so do you think they did their usual brick trick?”
 
“Possibly, but which one to choose? There is way too much stone wall to cover for us to go through each,” Jeongyeon said as she began to idle along one wall looking for the discolouration of parts of the mortar, the telltale sign of weak mortar used for short term repair or for bricks meant to be taken out.
 
The Cult liked to hide information and messages on the backs of stones and bricks and enclose them in with the structure using a weaker mortar that was easier to break so the brick or stone could be dug out. The mortar was almost identical to the rest of the mortar used in the building and at a glance one couldn’t see the difference. But with lots of time the weaker mortar crumbled first and took on a fragile washed out tint.
 
“Well given that the main doors to this storage unit are over there and the employer’s entrances are this way,” Momo turned around to look at one particular nook in the large hall that hid itself away from the rest of the room. “Maybe somewhere there. It’s the furthest from any door and most remote and reclusive space here.”
 
“Makes sense,” Jeongyeon said as she saw the direction that Momo pointed at. She hopped over piles of trash and rubble and made her way to the nook Momo following her.
 
“Let’s get started then,” Jeongyeon quipped, taking out a flashlight she had with her for better visual of the stones and mortar as her hands began to trace the outline of each brick and stone.
 
They were looking for a change in colour and the condition of the mortar in between the bricks. The bricks the Cult used to write their detailed information on were exactly the same as the surrounding ones, so looking for a hollowed out section wouldn’t help them as the bricks were laid in their tight formation. The only give away was the mortar used to bind the bricks, and even that was tough to spot.
 
Running their fingers through hundreds of bricks in the corner and inspecting the colours with their hands, they circled the little nook from opposite sides. There was no guarantee that any information was hidden in any bricks in the first place, let alone in this specific corner. It was merely Momo’s and Jeongyeon’s best guess of the Cultists practices of hiding information.
 
For an hour the two painstakingly circled every single brick in the nook eventually meeting up in the centre of their semi-circle. There was nothing out of the ordinary. Any little spot that looked like it had extra crumbly mortar was solid from its other corners and didn’t have the distinct discolouration that they were used to, nor was the mortar crumbling easily once they poked at it with loose rebar lying around the warehouse.
 
“Really? Nothing?” Jeongyeon turned around to look at the rest of the bricks that ran the perimeter wall of the massive hall. There were thousands of bricks used to build the walls of the building. “No way am I spending my week going through all of that.”
 
“I mean… yeah. Neither am I,” Momo agreed sitting down on the large base of the concrete pillars.
 
“Let’s check the few office rooms and employees quarters, maybe there is something there,” Jeongyeon said as she walked off towards the office.
 
There were only two small rooms that worked as offices and one single room for the workers break room and changing room. Going through all the rooms one by one carefully all they found were a few broken pieces of furniture, mouldy and discoloured walls and cracked floor tiles with rotten wood. To find anything in a short time would not be possible, if they really wanted to go through the whole building thoroughly it would take many days and there was no guarantee they would even find anything, considering the authorities back then were unable to find anything either.
 
Frustrated Momo sat down on a crumbled plank that was once a chair as Jeongyeon rounded around the room once more finding nothing. “It’s no use Jeongyeon, there's nothing here. If there once was it’s long gone, rotten or broken. We can’t spend a week searching for it here.”
 
“This is just so… argh!” Jeongyeon screamed in frustration, pulling her hair and kicking a piece of stone lying on the ground. “Balls to the walls!”
 
There was a crack where the stone struck that echoed through the room. It was unusually and uncharacteristically loud so both Jeongyeon and Momo looked over where the sound came from. A thin layer of plasterboard coated with a mostly rotten thin layer of cracked mortar had broken open in the bottom edge of the office room leaving an empty void opening behind it. Both of them were immediately on all fours peering into the hole with Jeongyeon’s flashlight shining in. Inside there was a stack of papers wrapped up in a plastic cover that had long since hardened and cracked leaving the papers to the damaging effect of the elements.
 
“It seems fortune favours the unyielding,” Jeongyeon said as she carefully reached in to pull the stack out into daylight, the faintest of smiles beginning to creep on her lips.
 
“Or the erratically violent,” Momo quipped, earning a gentle shoulder shove in her chest. She gasped with a little exaggeration before giggling. “Oooff, proves my point.”
 
As the stack was brought into daylight and the two carefully examined the papers they found that most of it was a weathered illegible mess. Moisture and insects had done its damage once the plastic cover protecting the papers had broken and many pages were eaten, rotten or bled of its ink. The few pieces that they could read as they went through it appeared to have earnings records and notes on hidden revenue. They were laundering money through this place.
 
“This is interesting, it was a source of income for the Cult once but I don’t know how much it helps us now.”
 
“Unless it can point us in a direction where they were funnelling the money maybe it's still in existence and gives us clues on what to avoid,” Momo said as she took the pages that Jeongyeon handed over to her to have a second look.
 
It was slow work as they had to carefully separate most of the pages from each other as time and water had glued them together. The pages spoke of the many transactions and locations over the years that had been delivered to. Jeongyeon and Momo were certain that with careful analysis of all the pages a chronology could be determined, but that would have to wait. It wasn’t the most pressing matter or the most relevant information.
 
As Jeongyeon separated another page from another and set them aside Momo spotted something peculiar on one of them. “Hey, wait let me see that.”
 
Jeongyeon handed the paper over and Momo brought it close to her eyes to examine the faded text and outlines. There was another layer of peculiar paper still stuck on the first one, and upon even closer inspection she noticed that it was made of cloth parchment instead of regular paper. “This… these are Cult ritual symbols!”
 
Immediately dropping the rest of the pages on the table surface they had been working on Jeongyeon squeezed over closer to Momo to see for herself. Severely faded and difficult to read, the symbols and texts that popped out of the paper after careful examination were clearly of the ancient ritual magic language that they knew, the symbols used by the Cult. The rituals that the Cult cast were different to what the Sister’s used, the Cult’s being malevolent blood rituals, however they could tell when something was related to a ritual of the Children of the Void.
 
“We need to find out what this is about. Let’s get back to our apartment,” Jeongyeon said, figuring out a few of the symbols in question but unable to properly discern what was on there. They would need proper lighting, imaging techniques and time to find out what was written on this faded piece of paper. It was important to find out exactly what it was about, no matter what kind of Cult ritual it was; large or small. Cultist rituals were always a bad sign.
 
 
---
 
 
Sitting in an office room on the twentieth floor of a high-rise building, Jihyo waited as the man she was in a meeting with was finishing his phone call. She had come to this place to swap the golden fortunes they had discovered from the secret hideout into money which they could use, and the man she was speaking with had been recommended by a trusted associate of hers back in Korea.
 
They had just finished the details of the transaction and were about to seal the deal, the man she had been dealing with Mr. Can confirming the situation with his company before finally finishing the phone call.
 
“I apologize for the wait. All seems to be in order,” He smiled as he returned the phone into its receiver. “So where did you acquire this fortune?”
 
“Oh, I can’t reveal my client’s personal details,” Jihyo replied with a gracious smile.
 
“Of course, not asking about who your client is just where the gold is from,” Can said with an equally opulent smile.
 
“That is information I’m not privy to. I’m merely mediating between my client and you for the selling of the assets, you know how it is,” Jihyo replied. Although not completely unexpected, she was a little surprised that Mr. Can was asking these questions. It wasn’t unheard of in their social circles to work anonymously for their clients; their privacy was to be respected especially when this had been a particular request of Jihyo. It made her uneasy.
 
“Ah as is often the case,” Can smiled once again, “Probably some old family inheritance your client wishes to cash in on, not unheard of. It’s just been a while since we’ve seen such huge amounts of Ottoman minted gold so I was surprised. So, the price is acceptable for your client?”
 
“Very much so.”
 
“Would that be all?”
 
“Yes, thank you very much for your assistance in this delicate matter. I hope it can be a profitable outcome for your business as well,” Jihyo said.
 
They finished their transactions and Jihyo said her goodbyes before being escorted downstairs to the lobby. Stepping out of the office building out into the business district at Levent, the streets were packed with people racing back and forth to their own meetings and appointments.
 
The end of the meeting had left her uneasy as if they were trying to blindside her. It was an instinct she had honed to a point in her line of work over the years and to this date it hadn’t betrayed her. Something fishy was up and it was unsettling her. Heading off from the building down the street she immediately got the feeling that she was being tailed.
 
Glancing behind her Jihyo began moving along the road in a casual stroll while stopping every now and then to admire her surroundings. As she did this she kept scanning the crowd for anyone mimicking her movements. At first it seemed fine and she was on the verge of dropping her suspicion and letting it go when she noticed something suspicious from the reflection of the windows surfaces; someone was stopping and looking away as she turned around. It was so jarring the way he acted that it was immediately picked up by her. She repeated this same stopping action in areas with large windows to confirm her suspicion, the person repeating his earlier actions in a similar manner. She was being followed.
 
Making sure she was still acting natural Jihyo walked off at a regular pace keeping to the crowded main roads as she hunted for a taxi, trying to flag one down. Since she was walking down a major street it was easy for her to get one and she told the driver to take her towards the busy tourist sites of the old city. Jihyo immediately took her phone out and called Momo.
 
“Hey Jihyo.”
 
“I think I’m being followed since leaving the meeting. I’m in a taxi now but I don’t think I should take it back to our place,” Jihyo relayed the information as calm as collected as she could keep herself, but her tense tone betrayed her feelings.
 
“Okay, we will meet up with you. Let’s find a new location to meet,” Momo replied and there was a short pause as she heard muffled speaking from beyond the phones receiver. “Alright, Jeongyeon says to ask the driver to take you to Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel in Şişli. Go into the hotel restaurant and order something and wait. Jeongyeon will come meet you there, but act as if she is your subordinate and you are nonchalantly giving her orders, then dismiss her. After that sit tight and slowly finish your food. We will get you once it’s clear.”
 
“O-okay. I will do that. Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel in Şişli, right?” Jihyo repeated the address to make sure she was going to the same place as Momo and Jeongyeon, to make sure her backup would be there.
 
“Yes. Don’t worry, we will be there soon.”
 
Ending the call Jihyo repeated the address to the taxi driver who knowingly changed the route to the new location which was a little further out. Arriving at the hotel and being assisted out of the car she walked into the lobby where she asked for the restaurant, being guided right next to her on the left through double doors. There she found a table which had her back to the wall but with a wide view of the whole restaurant and the lobby entrance.
 
Sitting down as relaxed and comfortable as she could appear, Jihyo ordered food from the waiter that approached her and then appeared to be browsing through her phone as nonchalant as she could, while with her periphery glancing about to see if she was still followed. From the corner of her eyes she could see the man who had been following her settle in the lobby with a direct line of sight to her, appearing to be waiting for someone by the concierge’s desk. She hadn’t managed to lose him during the taxi ride.
 
Internally Jihyo was screaming with terror and anxiousness while her face remained as cool and composed as ever, sweat slowly forming on her brow from the tenseness of the situation. She had never been stalked before let alone by someone from a rich company. She knew that corporate espionage and sabotage happened, it was part of the high-stakes business world and the price to stay on top, but she had never been on the receiving end of it. Not that she had ever been the one to deliver it either, if Momo’s company even engaged in such activities she wasn’t privy to such information.
 
Immediately after sitting down and ordering her food she texted Momo to tell her that she was waiting in the restaurant like they asked her. Receiving a reply rapidly Momo told her they were just around the corner and almost there, Jeongyeon would come in soon. A waiter brought her salad order soon after and doing her best to keep her trembling hands from clattering against the plate she took small bites of her salad. The stalker was still standing in the lobby and Jihyo’s palms were beginning to sweat even though the restaurant was well air-conditioned.
 
After a couple minutes of intense waiting and slow eating while doing her best to keep a calm straight face Jihyo noticed from the corner of her eye that a tall model like woman walked into the room. With long straight navy pants, a navy blazer, big dark sunglasses and an elegant scarf wrapped over her head to cover her hair and ears, the woman appeared as if straight out of a fashion magazine.
 
With brisk and confident steps, her high heels clinking against the marble floor she walked directly over to Jihyo and it wasn’t until she was a few metres away that Jihyo realized that the woman was Jeongyeon.
 
“Where is he?” Jeongyeon asked, stopping in front of Jihyo blocking the view from the lobby. She didn’t know exactly who the stalker was, but from experience she assumed he was the one waiting for Jihyo in the lobby and tried to obscure his vision so he wouldn’t see the expression of relief on Jihyo’s face.
 
“The man in the purple shirt and navy blazer standing in the lobby.”
 
“Okay, hand me some kind of stack of papers and he will hopefully follow me out once I leave. Momo will immediately pick you up after. Just keep a straight face when I leave. You’re doing so great,” Jeongyeon said with a soft encouraging voice, receiving a little nod from Jihyo.
 
Straightening her expression to one of boredom Jihyo rummaged through her bag. Meanwhile Jeongyeon stepped aside so that the stalker could see the transaction as Jihyo handed Jeongyeon a stack of papers and then shooed her off with a single hand wave. Jeongyeon bowed deeply to show her subservience and then equally confident and with style walked out of the restaurant past the man. With sunglasses on she could observe him without worry and saw that she had grabbed his attention as she walked past, the documents loosely hanging from her left hand to entice the man even further.
 
From the corner of her eye Jihyo could see that her stalker walked out of the lobby into the direction where Jeongyeon had disappeared. Followed almost immediately after she saw Momo walk into the restaurant smiling happily at Jihyo. As she reached over she gave her a small hug pulling her up from the chair. “The car outside is ours. Go sit inside and I’ll be out once I’ve paid this meal.”
 
Once they made it to the lobby Jihyo saw the waiting rental car in front and briskly walked into the open door of the backseat, Momo followed her within the minute.
 
“Where did Jeongyeon go?” Jihyo asked as Momo entered. Before she had a chance to answer and as if from thin air Jeongyeon had appeared by the car and got into the driver's seat, speeding off immediately after she was in.
 
“I slipped from him, he doesn’t know where we went,” Jeongyeon said as they quickly turned the next corner putting distance between them and their stalker.
 
Finally safely in a car with her friends Jihyo let herself go beginning to breath rapidly after what had been an intense and terrifying moment, her eyes wide with shock as the adrenaline of moments earlier began to die down letting true emotions to the surface.
 
“You did amazing, you’re good, you’re safe,” Momo said as she hugged Jihyo in the backseat, taking her into a gentle hold as Jihyo let her racing heart slow down.
 
“Wha- what was all that?” Jihyo managed to ask in between her deep breathes as her mind calmed down in the warm and safe embrace of Momo.
 
“I think they were just trying to find out where you were going and who you were working for. With such huge amounts of gold being sold they would obviously be curious about it, even when it was arranged as an anonymous exchange.”
 
“That was… so scary…” Jihyo took more long breathes as she did her best to completely calm herself.
 
“I know, you were amazing Jihyo. I’m sorry you were put in such a situation,” Momo said, kissing Jihyo’s crown before hugging her even deeper.
 
“I think it’s time we made ourselves sparse in this city. We have the money, we have the research material out of our old hideout, and we found what there was to be found in that location. I think we can finish going through the rest of the material in Scotland,” Jeongyeon said glancing at the two in the back.
 
“What did you find?” Jihyo asked.
 
“It looked like some Cult writing. We still need to figure out exactly what it is.”
 
It took a good half an hour to get back to their apartment, the three of them mostly silent during their ride back as Jihyo processed her feelings, and once they were back Jeongyeon turned the kettle on to brew some tea for them as Jihyo sat on the couch to relax and go through her experiences.
 
Momo wiped the table clean and dried it multiple times to make sure all the moisture was out of the table. They then set up more kitchen towels on the table before placing the old worn out ritual symbol page on top of the towels. Momo took the few desk lamps strewn about in the room and brought them over to light up the table and sheet as much as possible.
 
“What is it?” Jihyo asked as she got up from the couch and walked over to see what they were on about, seeing the weathered and worn piece of cloth parchment with weird squiggles and faint symbols painted in a rusty brown colour. It was a miracle it hadn’t rot away, although Jeongyeon and Momo had a pretty good inkling why it hadn’t.
 
“It looks like it’s part of an old ritual scroll from the Cult,” Momo said as Jeongyeon set up a tripod on the table before mounting and aiming a camera straight down and focusing on the piece of cloth on the table. “It’s pretty illegible and hard to see, so hopefully with some good images, lighting and image manipulation we can pull out more of the runes and separate it from the rest of the grime.”
 
It was good fortune that Momo and Jihyo had brought a powerful DSLR for their sightseeing and vacation. They could take highly detailed images that hopefully could catch all the light reflections of the symbols paint which then could be manipulated in Photoshop.
 
“So these dark-brown rusty looking smudges are part of the symbolism?”
 
“Yeah, it’s written in blood-ink,” Jeongyeon said as she focused the camera properly before jumping off the chair to find a completely white piece of paper to get the white balance on the camera just right.
 
“Bloo- blood-ink?”
 
“It’s blood acquired through specific ritual sacrifice mixed with ink compounds to produce an ink they can use to write magical ritual parchments. The Cult uses such horrific practices.” Momo explained to Jihyo the disdain for the Children of the Void clearly visible on her face.
 
“That is horrific!” Jihyo exclaimed her eyes and mouth both wide from the revelation. She felt that the more she learned about the Children of the Void the more urgent her feelings of stopping them became. She could see why even without reincarnating souls being a real thing, such a bloodthirsty and violent cult had to be stopped.
 
“Alright, that should do it. Let’s take a few shots and see what we get,” Jeongyeon said as she finished adjusting the settings on the camera and hooked it up to Momo’s laptop to see the images as they were being taken.
 
Momo and Jihyo scooted over to the laptop while Jeongyeon stood on the chairs and operated the camera. They took a few shots with different lighting, flash intensity and shutter times, doing their best to take as many different types of photos that could bring out the colour in the cloth.
 
After the photographs they covered the cloth piece up to prevent it from being damaged and began to shuffle and edit the images they had taken. A good half an hour later they had narrowed down which photos to focus on for hopefully the best results, after which Momo began to tweak the colour balance, contrast and thresholds of the images, doing her best to make the dark brown and rusty symbols pop out of the image while the rest faded into the background.
 
“I think that’s the most I can get out of it,” Momo called out to Jeongyeon and Jihyo who were sat on the couch shifting through the rest of the pile of papers they had discovered in the Cult hideout. They quickly got up from their comfortable positions and sat around Momo who showed the results of her image manipulation.
 
She had enhanced all the clearly visible parts of the symbol and additionally had managed to pull out further markings on corners and sides that were not clearly visible to the eye. Now that they were on the screen Jeongyeon could recognize what the blobs on the original cloth sheet were.
 
“Well, it’s definitely unlike any one of their rituals I’ve seen before. Could it be new?” Jeongyeon said her brows furrowing as she attempted her best to recognize anything from it.
 
“It could be, although I’m sure neither of us have seen all of their ritual’s let alone remember their details,” Momo replied.
 
“True, true.”
 
“So, what is it?” Jihyo asked focusing on the image that Momo had made visible, incoherent symbols and lines shifting across the screen.
 
“Give us a moment. The rituals are written in a runic language all of its own, one that we ourselves don’t use,” Jeongyeon stated as her finger traced some of the symbols to find out where the individual brushstrokes separated from each other.
 
Slowly picking through the image that Momo had uncovered they drew all the symbols separately onto paper, separating the ones they recognized from the ones they didn’t. Having collated what they could and having drawn the symbols to their fullest extent, they began to note the meanings of the different runes and what rituals they had seen them in use.
 
It was painstaking slow work as the ritual runes and symbols used in the Cults dark arts were very precise and intricate. Jihyo watched from the side for a long time, eventually ordering them dinner for later. Another hour passed and the day had turned to evening before they finished their initial analysis.
 
“These symbols are definitely related with souls and humans, that I’ve seen before. But this stuff…” Jeongyeon waved over another section of symbols, “Not entirely sure. I think I’ve seen this one in context of eternal souls but I can’t be certain.”
 
“Man… we need an expert to have a look at this,” Momo whined her head sinking in her arms.
 
“We need Wera…” Jeongyeon sighed with Momo in unison.
 
“Is she good at reading these?” Jihyo asked having just returned moments earlier with their dinner.
 
“Yeah. She can read most of these, she is super smart and studious and has studied the Cult symbols for lifetimes now to understand them so we can defeat them better,” Momo replied as she happily received the food packages smelling the steaming and fresh kebab and köfte, a wide smile spreading on her lips. “Nothing beats Turkish kebabs, the originals are the best. Let’s eat!”
 
As they ate Jeongyeon looked for flights to Scotland for the three of them. They would use the newly acquired wealth that Jihyo had organized for them to pay for all the Eternal Ladies expenses to keep Momo’s current families and lifes account unrelated to anything related to the Eternal Ladies or the Children of the Void.
 
“So you think this is a new ritual then?” Jihyo asked, diving into the rice and yoghurt on the side.
 
“Possibly yeah, but we’ll need to find Wera to really know for sure. Hopefully she has received the decrypted message and will be making her way to Scotland soon.”
 
“Speaking of Scotland, I booked us a flight in two days, that should give us time to look through this material a little bit more and to organize and pack it all safely and neatly for our trip, as well as let us rest and enjoy one final evening here. I don’t think we will be coming back,” Jeongyeon said, placing her laptop onto the coffee table to dive into the tasty steaming dinner spread in front of her.
 
“And it also gives us time to go shopping for some suitable clothes for the climate,” Momo said as she flicked her fork about pointing at all of their attires while mumbling with full of Beyti kebab rolls. She was acutely aware of the weather of her old stomping grounds and wearing thin silky see through shirts and stylish glamour fashion outfits for the highlands was not enough. Their wardrobe was woefully ill-suited for that climate.
 
“Well then, tomorrow we go shopping!” Jeongyeon smiled before diving into another plateful of food, the three of them happily relaxing and finishing their dinner after another eventful and curious day.