Ride #7

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Glad that the weekend is here so I don’t have to see Oh Sehun for the next two days. The kiss that we shared has been stuck in my mind since last night and I barely get a wink of sleep. It’s so annoying that Oh Sehun barged into my life out of nowhere and caused turmoil to my heart, my head, my emotions, and everything. Who does he think he is?

“Why do you look like you haven’t slept well? Are you working a lot?”

My mother placed a plate of freshly cut fruits in front of me before walking back to the kitchen to continue preparing dinner. Living away from my family makes me miss home cooked food a lot and no matter how hard life has been, my mother’s food will always be able to wash all the stress and unhappiness away.

“Yeah, internship has been really stressful.” Especially with an annoying yet undeniably hot boss and my stubborn ex-boyfriend pestering me and giving me headaches all the time.

I grabbed a piece of strawberry and made my way to the kitchen, “What are you making tonight?”

“Your favourite pasta of course.”

I cheered and did a silly dance on the spot in excitement, “Eomma, you are the best,” I hugged my mother sideway.

“This is why I opposed the idea of you living alone. Have you been eating well? I don’t understand why your dad and older brother think it’s a good idea to buy an apartment for you.”

When I got an apartment as a gift from my father on my birthday last year, my mother was pissed and she made an uproar about my father’s decision to let me live alone. Growing up as the youngest in the family, I have always been pampered and sheltered by my parents and my older brother. Thanks to them, I grew up well. Wanting to rent an apartment and live independently was the biggest move I have made out of my comfort zone and initially, my parents and my older brother objected as they were worried about me living alone. But I managed to convince my father and my older brother, hence, they bought an apartment for me. I was shocked to receive that huge and expensive gift because my family isn’t considered well-off; we are just an average family that is able to live comfortably, so I was really touched and grateful for that birthday present. I remember I couldn’t stop crying like a baby in my older brother’s arms.

“You don’t have to worry about me eomma, I have been eating well and living well alone.”

As my mum and I continued to catch up in the kitchen, I heard noises and laughter from the front door and I knew my father and my older brother are back. I ran to the door to welcome them back eagerly.

“Appa! Oppa!”

But my smile faltered when I noticed another familiar presence next to my older brother.

“Oh! Hera is here! See who we bumped into!”

It puts me off that my father seems more happy to see him than me. Even my older brother, who will always prioritise his younger sister aka me over anyone, but he hasn’t acknowledged my presence as he was busy talking to Byun freaking Baekhyun.

“My beloved younger sister! How have you been?”

My older brother finally saw me and he gave me a big hug, while I continued to frown at Baekhyun, who was darting his eyes around and smiling awkwardly.

Just then, my mother came rushing out of the kitchen and gave Baekhyun a hug and she lamented about the fact that Baekhyun hasn’t visited them for two years. Well of course, why would he have the face to come to my place after we broke up? My mother then proceeded to insist Baekhyun to stay for dinner. Urgh, I lost my appetite suddenly.

Baekhyun is like another son to my father and my mother. I remember when I brought Baekhyun back for dinner for the first time, my mother had seemed to fall in love with him at first sight. Like I mentioned, Baekhyun has that charming characteristics that would make everyone like him quickly, like how I did. So it is not exception that he is very well-liked by my family and my parents couldn’t stop talking about our wedding, although we were only together for six months back then.

When I told them Baekhyun and I broke up, my mother was so devastated that she actually cried for a few days knowing that she has lost a perfect son-in-law like Baekhyun. Don’t worry, mum, you didn’t, that man is a douche. I didn’t go into the further about our failed relationship because I didn’t want to ruin the good image my family has of Baekhyun. It’s not my personality to be a tattletale even though he has hurt me badly.

“Kang Jongdae!” While my parents were busy entertaining Baekhyun as they brought me to the living room, I stopped my older brother.

“Aye, is that how you greet your oppa after not seeing for a weeks?” Jongdae ruffled my hair, which is a habit of his since young, and smiled affectionately to me.

Jongdae is three years older than me and he is the best older brother I can ask for in the world. Unlike other siblings who fight over toys everyday, Jongdae has been a really caring, nice, and generous older brother since we were kids. He would always give me whatever I want and he would never complain even if I took the last piece of his favourite food. Jongdae is very protective of me; he would never let anyone bully me and he has never let any of his close male friends hit on me because I am too precious for them, that’s what my older brother always say.

“You know I am awkward with him after our break up… Why did y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter