Ride #39

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This chapter will consist of Sehun’s POV + continuation from Ride #36

Knowing Hera like the back of my hand, I have already expected that bewildered reaction of hers when I announced my fake engagement with Irene and her new role as my personal assistant. Even so, I was fascinated to see her face when things caught her by surprise. After the meeting ended, I told Kyungsoo hyung to bring Hera to my office but she was nowhere to be found.

“Maybe you have gone overboard…”

“Hyung, I didn’t even do anything!”

“She must be hiding somewhere to cry because she looks really sad after hearing about the engagement.”

Upon Kyungsoo hyung’s words, I knew where I could find Hera. I went out of room and made my way to the production suite and I heard two people talking inside. I was right. Hera was hiding in the production suite and judging from her quivering voice, she has been crying. I hate the fact that Hera was crying in front of another man and I hate myself more for being the cause of her tears. In a fit of pique, I barged in and both Baekhyun hyung and Hera were surprised by my presence. I grabbed Hera’s arm and dragged her up, ignoring the fact that I was hurting her with my rough behaviour.

“Sehun, you are hurting her.”

I was jealous to see Baekhyung being protective over my woman, “Hera is now under me, so whatever I do with her is not your business anymore, Mr Byun.”

 

I don’t know what is wrong with me but I know I have been making things difficult for Hera, even though she only started working as my personal assistant for a few hours. I made her take down the minutes in English (which she failed to do so), I made her get me lunch from somewhere inconvenient, and I haven’t been using a nice tone when speaking to her. I felt bad when I saw the shift in her gaze when Irene noona kissed me on my cheeks, which really caught me off guard. And I was about to piss in my pants when she did that because Kyungsoo hyung was just right there watching everything.

“Hyung, I am sorry. I swear I didn’t know that noona would do that to me!”

I heard a chuckle from Irene, as she sat next to Kyungsoo and hugged him sideways, “My baby penguin won’t mind.”

“I mind!” I exclaimed because I felt extremely bad for making Kyungsoo hyung to go through this when it was just a game of revenge that has nothing to do with him.

“It’s okay, Sehun. I am fine. But no more next time,” Kyungsoo hyung said, and gave Irene noona a look, while she nodded and leaned to kiss Kyungsoo hyung on his puckered lips. Okay, I definitely didn’t sign up for this PDA from the couple.

After Kyungsoo hyung left to get us drinks, Hera dashed into my room, with her hair sticking on her sweaty face and the bag of salad in her hand. I could tell that she was controlling her anger because she has travelled all the way to the other side of the town to get my lunch but I ended up eating the bento that Irene noona made. I seriously didn’t know that she would visit my office with lunch and I did feel a tiny bit of guilt when I made Hera travelled for nothing, but I couldn’t show it out.

“She looks really sad…” Irene’s face turned into a frown, as she sent me a look of disapproval, “Can’t you just stop this childish game?”

“W-Well… She deserved it,” Of course I lied. I never wanted to make Hera sad, but the thought of her and Bakehyung hyung together made me angry and anger gets the best out of me all the time.

It was the first time Irene rolled her eyes at me, “You don’t know what you are saying, Oh Sehun.”

“Were you already dating Irene when we were together?”

“What are you implying?” I questioned back, with a hint of displeasure in my voice, “I have always been the faithful one. You are the one who still hang around Baekhyun hyung even though we were together!”

“I said that Baekhyun and I are over! I made it clear to him that we are impossible! And, how is it possible for you and Irene to get engaged after a week breaking up with me? Was I just a toy to you? Were you playing with my heart?”

“Don’t you ever doubt my feelings for you, Kang Hera!” How dare she doubts my feeling for her! I love her so freaking much that I would give up the entire world for her, how can she say that?

“Then what is this engagement? A revenge? You want me to feel the pain that you have been through when you caught me and Baekhyun together?”

I realise the two of us began shouting at each other at the wedding shop and from peripheral view, I saw Irene peeking out from behind the curtain with a worried expression. Hera was oblivious to that because she was fighting to stop her tears from dropping, and if I would be the biggest liar in the world if I were to say that her teary eyes didn’t affect me. I want to hug her and comfort her but I just wouldn’t listen to what my heart wants.

“If that’s your plan, then congrats, you succeeded.”

Hera turned away and left after making that sentence and I couldn’t take my eyes off her diminishing backview. Was I doing the right thing by pushing her away with this revenge game? What do I get out of it? Instead of seeing her getting crush and burn by me, I felt 100 times worse seeing the pain in her eyes because of me.


We never had a civilised conversation since then. I was always lashing at her for making so many mistakes, and what irks me off, as a perfectionist with high expectations is to see my employees making the same mistakes repeatedly. I had to make her learn, so that she can learn the rope and adapt to being my full-time secretary when Kyungsoo hyung leaves. Hera thinks I am torturing her on purpose because of our personal issues but I wasn’t, I genuinely wanted her to learn and she doesn’t seem to realise that I was trying to train her to be a better person.

“Do you know that if you didn’t discover your mistake in time, we would be in deep ?!” I couldn’t control my anger anymore.

“I-I am sorry, I really don’t know what else to say beside sorry…”

I was frustrated that she never reflects on her past mistakes and she keeps saying sorry without the intention to mend her way.

“You don’t just apologise and not reflect on your mistakes! Do you plan to get fired and end your internship immediately with a fail grade? Why do you never learn?”

“I didn’t even sign up for this position!” Hera retorted, and she let her tears flow out uncontrollably, “You are always screaming at me! I am trying very hard to please you, what else do you expect?”

I inhaled a deep breath and sighed loudly, “Are you really trying your best?? You can’t even deal with all the lectures and setbacks, how are you going to do big things in the future? Life is never about rainbows and unicorns! You need to learn from your failure and not just cry and lament about me scolding you all the time! You may think I am heartless but one day, you will realise the real world is harsher than you think. If you have no perseverance, if you can’t stand my or your job right now, you can tender your resignation. I am not going to stop you. I thought you were tough, you had resilience, and you are unbeatable, but I guess I was wrong huh?”

Hera glared at me with a sharp cold gaze, showing how pissed she is right then. She can be mad at me, but what I said was the truth. Hera is lucky that I am her boss and no matter what, I would have a soft spot for her because she is still the woman I love. But that would never be the case with other companies; she would have gotten fired long time ago.

“I hate you, Oh Sehun,” And she ran away.


“She doesn’t seem to see my efforts in training her to be my secretary!! She was blinded by our personal issues and she thinks that everything I reprimand her for is because I hold grudges against her!” I was drinking to my heart’s content at the club and while the other boys were gone, I ranted to Kyungsoo hyung. I needed to talk to someone and unleash all the frustration inside of me.

“You should really have a talk with Hera…”

I didn’t say a thing because the boys and Irene noona came back to the table and I didn’t want any of them to notice something was off with me. What I have never expected is that Kai actually invited Hera to our gathering and when I saw her walking to our table, I could feel my hand curling into a fist. What the hell is she wearing? Why is she always wearing such revealing shorts that makes very man go wild at the sight of her milky legs? And that sheer black blouse is not helping to deter men and their dirty looks away! Kang Hera is always affecting me and I hate how I can never function normally whenever she is near me. Hence, I decided to go with Chanyeol hyung when he dragged Baekhyun hyung and me to the dance floor because I need to forget about Kang Hera for a moment.

Shortly after Kai joined and danced next to me, the girls began flocking towards us. I wasn’t interested at all because the only girl I wanted to have in my arms is Kang Hera. Urgh, Oh Sehun, you are not supposed to think of her!! You need to get her out of your head! Maybe I tried dancing with other girls to get Hera out of mind but before I can even make that attempt, Hera appeared in front of me, with her top ed, exposing her cleavage to me. I gulped. What the hell is her problem? Did she not realise the stares she was garnering from the other men on the dance floor? And Kai happens to be one of them.

“Wow, you are a bomb, Hera,” Kai wolf-whistled at Hera as he checked her out from top to bottom. I narrowed my eyes at him, before sending Hera an icy glare. When she wrapped her arms around my neck and closed up the gap between our bodies, ing her s towards m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter