Ride #36

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I was a kid, I love attending wedding ceremony because there would always be yummy food to feast on. Because of that, I started picturing my dream wedding when I was still a little girl and I would grab any guy in my kindergarten and make him my groom, just to stimulate whatever I have seen at a wedding without knowing the significance of the occasion and wedding is more than just getting free food. Well, of course as I grew older, I know that the food is only free for the guests and not the couple getting married. Nonetheless, that didn’t stop me from fantasising the idea of getting married because it’s a joyous occasion. Everyone gathers to celebrate the love story of a pair of newlyweds and it’s touching and heart-warming to witness two people in love exchanging vows and promising to be there for each other till death sets them apart.

I started searching for my prince charming when I was old enough to comprehend the idea of love (that’s what I thought). The first guy that I had a crush on was a junior who was in the same co-curriculum club as me in high school. His name is Taehyung, he was tall and good looking and most importantly, we shared common interest, which is drawing. We got together a month after we began to know each other and we only dated for five months, before the guy decided to break up with me. He attributed the break-up to his character, he felt that he was lacking as a person and I deserved a better guy, which I know it’s utter bull because shortly after we ended our relationship, he started seeing the most popular girl in our school. I must have been too boring for him because my life was basically about school, art club, and homework, and sleep but he must have felt bad to break my heart because his feelings faded so he came up with such a lousy excuse. Although he tried to maintain a friendly sunbae and hoobae relationship with me, I couldn’t and that was the end of my first love story. I was surprised that I wasn’t feeling very sad over the break-up and I talked to Jongdae oppa about it, he said I was in love with the idea of him as my boyfriend but I wasn’t in love with him as a person and I guess he was right. That guy fits my ideal type – tall, handsome, caring and sweet, but I guess, I was just blinded my own standards.

The second guy I dated is Byun Baekhyun. Although he wasn’t the tallest guy, his personality was what made him attractive. He was my first for a lot of things, he was the first guy I brought home, he was the first guy that I made out with in the lecture hall after school, he was the first guy that brought me to a club, he was the first guy that I went overseas with, and he was also the first guy whom I slept with. Although our relationship was kept underground due to the disparity in our status is school, I have never once felt that Baekhyun loved me any less just because we couldn’t express our affection in school openly. In fact, Baekhyun showed me what being in love is like. I could see forever whenever I am wrapped tightly in his arms and I could picture a future with Baekhyun. That night when we made love with each other, I knew he was the one that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I thought we would last and get married when the time is right but everything was just a lie. How funny when he was the one who made me believe in eternity love, but also because of him, I lost faith in finding true love. I hated him for crushing my heart and I couldn’t stop crying for a really long time because I have never loved someone as much as I love Baekhyun. I felt like I was trapped in darkness after we broke up and he left Korea to further his studies. We have come a long way and I am glad that we managed to salvage our friendship.

“You know, I am getting really uncomfortable with you staring at me like that…” Baekhyun glanced towards my direction, while gulping down the white wine with an uneasy expression, “I don’t want to receive another punch on my beautiful face from Sehun,” Baekhyun cupped his ‘mochi’ cheeks and flashed a puppy look, “How can someone punch such an adorable puppy like me?”

“You are not that cute, Byun Baekhyun,” I retorted. While of course, the only cutie to me is the one I am engaged to.

Baekhyun inhaled a deep gasp, “You said I was cute last time! Remember, you always poke my ! And you said I resemble corgi! I am hurt.”

I chuckled, “Well, now I like wolves.”

Somehow, my eyes managed to find its way to the only view in my life, despite the crowd. Sehun was chatting with Kyungsoo’s parents and whenever he laughs, his eyes would twinkle and that caused butterflies in my stomach. Okay, what I meant by wolves; I am not saying that Sehun is a wolf but he is, like, hot and cute at the same time. Sehun is unpredictable - he would have his sleeves rolled up and his muscular forearms exposed, looking really hot as he whipped up a meal in the kitchen. And the next moment, he would behave like a baby snuggling against my stomach, as he demands for a kiss. And well, when in bed, he is definitely like a wolf, a beast, but, ahem, that’s going sidetrack.

Sehun is the best thing that has happened in my life, he is the prince charming I have been looking for. In my past relationships, I felt like I was always the one giving my very best and I thought I was incapable of finding someone who loves me as much as I love him, but Sehun proves me wrong. He shows me that I deserved to be loved by someone who loves me as much as I love him, in fact, sometimes I feel like Sehun loves me way more than I love him and I feel so lucky to meet him. No matter what I do, he would always beat me into showing affection, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter