Ride #28

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tonight, is the night. I need to present my very best and leave a good impression on my future parents-in-law. I even got a new dress, specially for this dinner; it may not be some designer’s work because there is just so much I can afford with my intern pay, but I really hope I am not underdressed. Sehun’s family is loaded and I bet everyone in his family has expensive taste, just like Sehun. They can easily afford anything that probably costs more than a month’s salary of mine.

I turned my left to catch a glimpse of Sehun; he looks really hot with his sleeves rolled up slightly and with a deep frown on his face because he was too absorbed in reading whatever that is on his tablet. Gosh, look at those protruding veins on his forearms. Why have I not noticed that before? Imagine him choking you with that arms-

“We are here, stop daydreaming.

I was snapped out of the trance and my fantasy vanished as soon as it came. The chauffeur opened the door for me and I bowed politely as I alighted from the car. Tsk. Why is Sehun walking so quickly? I had a hard time catching up with him.

“You brought something for my parents?” Sehun asked, while his eyes caught a notice of the bag in my hands.

“Yeah, I feel bad to come empty-handed, so I brought some fruits,” That were imported from Japan. They cost a bomb, just in case your parents only eat expensive fruits.

Sehun snickered, “Fruits? You think you are here to visit patients at the hospitals?”

I froze at Sehun’s remarks. He may sound rude but he is right, why did I bring fruits? “T-they won’t mind right?” I asked, worried that I might offend his parents with my gift. Urgh, so much for wanting to leave a good impression. I better not be blacklisted by his parents.

“It’s fine, they will appreciate anything.”

I followed behind Sehun as he brought me into his extravagant and majestic house, with a blinding chandelier hanging above and right in the middle of the living room. Yes, that infamous chandelier that signifies a person’s status! It’s like, every rich family needs to have a chandelier in their house to show how luxurious they are.

“Eomma!”

Sehun’s cold demeanour disappeared when he greeted his mother, who was walking down the grand stairs gracefully. Sehun’s mother got me feeling awestruck, as if I have seen a celebrity. Sehun must have gotten his good genes from her. Her beauty is beyond words and she looks really young. She must have spent a lot on her skincare products, even I feel guilty of having a poorer skin complexion than her.

“My dear son! How long has it been since you came home?” Sehun’s mum hugged Sehun, like she has been longing for her son to be homed. That’s probably what every mom feels when their children grew independent to live on their own and they don’t get to see their children often.

“I came home last month, eomma.”

“It feels like a decade!”

Sehun’s mother soon diverted her attention to me, as I was standing behind Sehun like a timid mouse. Of all the sudden, I feel the anxiety attacking me. My palms turned sweaty and I was feeling nervous to finally meet Sehun’s mother. What is she going to say? Will she like me? What if she hates me?

“G-Good morning, Mrs Oh!” I bowed, head almost reaching the knees.

“Morning?” Mrs Oh chuckled, “It’s evening, it’s almost dinner time, honey.”

I lifted my head and I could feel the heat creeping on my cheeks when Mrs Oh pointed out my mistake. Sehun was holding in his laughter as well. That’s so embarrassing! Gosh, get your together, Kang Hera! Stop making a fool of yourself!

“You must be Hera.”

I nodded; praying mentally that the smile on my face can mask my uneasiness and Mrs Oh would not be able to notice how nervous I am for this dinner.

“I am so glad to meet you, my future daughter-in-law! I heard from Kyungsoo that you and Sehun have a stable relationship and you guys are planning to get married once you are done with school!! He also said that you are very capable and you are a great help for Sehun!” Mrs Oh clasped her hands together animatedly, then, she grabbed my hands excitedly, “You don’t know how happy I am! I have always wanted a daughter to go shopping and high tea with me and I can’t wait to do that with you! How many kids do you plan to have, Hera? What do your parents do? What do you like to eat? What do you like about Sehun?”

“Okay, okay, eomma, you need to calm down. You are bombarding her with too many questions!”

I am caught off guard by Mrs Oh’s enthusiasm. Seems like I am already well-liked by my future mother-in-law, and thank you Secretary Do for all the good words you have input, although I have ed up so many times and I think I was more of a troublemaker for the past few weeks. And, what Mrs Oh is not aware of, is our unstable relationship. Technically I am not Sehun’s girlfriend, but she already sees me as a part of the Oh’s family.

“Oh dear! I am sorry for scaring you off, Hera. I am too excited! I have never liked the past few girls that Sehun dated in school and ever he started working, he is too busy to date and settle down! So you don’t know how much I anticipate to your arrival today!”

Sehun then turned his mother away from me to face him, “Eomma, don’t listen to Kyungsoo hyung. Hera and I are… We are kinda… Hmm, we are not together.”

Mrs Oh looked really devastated upon hearing that, “Then why did you bring her over for dinner?”

“Well, I…”

It was as if Sehun’s tongue is tied, so I decided to pipe in, “Mrs Oh, although Sehun and I are not together for now, fret not, I will make sure to win Sehun’s heart as soon as possible and I will make sure that our shopping trips and high-tea sessions will happen!”

“Yah, Kang Hera! What nonsense are you saying?”

Mrs Oh pushed Sehun away and grasped my hands again, with hope igniting in her eyes again, “Are you serious, Hera?”

I nodded, with determination, “Yes, I love Sehun, and,” I whispered this time, “I know Sehun loves me too but he is too shy to admit it.”

“Yah!” Sehun roared but I was not affected by his outburst of anger. It was fun teasing him.

“Did I miss out on anything?”

We all turned our heads to the arrival of another member of the Oh’s family. Not just one, but also another guy, who looks like he is still in high school. His resemblance to Sehun ddn’t go un-notice by me, they both have striking features and even a fool could tell that they are si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter