Ride #25

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Between Sehun and Secretary Do, Secretary Do seems really happy to welcome me in to the team, I mean, he got extra hands to help him, so why not? While Sehun looked nonchalant and other than work-related stuff, he wouldn’t say much to me. He kept things very business and nothing personal, which kinda hurt my feeling because I am kinda his personal assistant now.

“Did you have a good sleep last night?”

“Yeah, thanks for asking, Secretary Do.”

No, that’s a lie. I barely had a wink of sleep last night. I realised I have been losing too much sleep ever since I started this internship. I was troubled by the sudden engagement news and my new position as Sehun’s assistant. Out of all the employees, why did he choose me? Bet he is going to have a fun time torturing me because Oh Sehun is a cold-hearted boss who doesn’t hesitate to fire any incompetent employee.

Once Secretary Do and I reached Sehun’s apartment for breakfast conference, we were led to the dining room by the housekeeper. It’s my first day working directly under Sehun and it’s nerve wrecking because our current relationship is ambiguous and awkward. Plus, yesterday, I was given a crash course by Secretary Do and I was overloaded with information and things to bear in mind as Sehun’s assistant. Let’s hope I won’t up.

“Good morning!”

Secretary Do and I bowed politely to the woman walking down the stairs. My face fell seeing Irene prancing in an oversized white tee, that seems too big to be hers. Has she already moved in? Did the two of them have ? Why is she wearing Sehun’s dress shirt?

“Good morning Irene,” Secretary Do greeted and I realised I haven’t greeted her.

“G-Good morning Ms-”

Wait, do I address her as Ms Bae or Mrs Oh? Since she is getting married to Sehun, she isn’t a Ms anymore, is she? Although I am reluctant to call her by that, I had no choice but to face the reality that this beautiful angel is going to the person sleeping next to Sehun, and it will never be me.

Irene chuckled, even her laughter sounds angelic, “Just call me Irene, Hera. You don’t have to be formal with me, even though I am older than you.”

I couldn’t take my eyes off Irene, how can she look so freaking pretty early in the morning? And how is she so confident to present her bare face to us? I would never be able to achieve that level of confidence and now I am so conscious about the newly grown pimple on my chin. As Irene took the seat opposite me, she smiled and told us to help ourselves with the breakfast. She is already behaving like the legit mistress of the place. Urgh, I really that but how can I hate someone who has such nice personality? I wish Irene behaved like a stuck-up , so I will feel less guilty to hate on her. But no, she is the complete opposite of a .

As I was stuffing the slice of bread into my face because I am famished, I noticed how femininely Irene is, as she makes sure to cut the toast into smaller pieces before putting it into . I behaved like barbarian next to her! Even Secretary Do has better etiquette than me. Has Sehun always preferred girly girls like Irene? He used to say I look cute eating and messing my lips with the sauce, which gave him the kiss me, with the excuse of removing the sauce off my lips; gosh, I must have looked like a joke to him then.

“Hey, morning, hyung. Morning, babe.”

I was lost in my thought and I didn’t realise Sehun had joined us at the table. And did he just greet everyone at the table except for me? Rude .

“Morning, Hun.”

Hun? Irene and Sehun are on nickname basis?? Oh gosh, what am I talking about? Of course they are! They are engaged and they must have done more than just giving each other endearing names.

“Stop daydreaming and finish your food quickly, we are starting the Skype conference in 10 minutes.”

Sehun deadpanned and I was flustered that he caught me staring into the space, with my mouth widely opened and the half-eaten toast held in my hands. I nodded and as I gobbled my food down, I choked. Irene handed me my drink and I think I must have looked really pathetic right then. I bet Irene doesn’t even choke on her food because she eats so gracefully and slowly.

 

I was like a lost sheep throughout the Skype conference meeting. Sehun and the caller were conversing in fluent English and I have no idea what the hell they were saying. I felt so out place! Even Secretary Do understands that foreign language! I am such a loser. Despite at the losing end, I tried to take down whatever I can catch and understand and my document looks like a complete mess, with lots of missing words in every single sentence.

“Are you done taking down the Minutes?”

I looked at Sehun with my eyes widely opened. Knowing that Sehun is going to flare up upon seeing the document, I gulped. And indeed, I was right, he looked super pissed when he scanned through my document.

“What were you doing?? Did you not pay attention to the meeting at all?” Sehun raised his voice at me and I felt wrongly accused.

“I tried to pay attention but everything was in English, how am I supposed to understand?!!” I retorted, with equally loud voice as Sehun. Basically, I just screamed at my boss. I didn’t mean it but since Secretary Do understands English, he should have let him take down the notes! Why did he ask me? I hate myself for being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter