Ride #24

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Till when are you going to stop crying?”

I threw another tissue onto the ground and sniffled under my blanket. I have no idea how long I have coped myself in my room for but I know the pain from the break up has never disappeared.

“My dear sister,” Jongdae cooed, “You have been hiding in your room for 3 days. What exactly happened? The last time this happened was two years ago when you and Baekhyuun broke-”

“Don’t mention his name!” I whined, “I don’t want to hear anything about him.”

Jongdae sighed, “So this must be related to him huh? What happened? Lover’s quarrel? Or did somebody bully you at work?” His tone turned serious suddenly.

I shook my head, forgetting the fact that my older brother can’t see because I am buried under my big fluffy blanket.

“Talk to me, baby sister!”

I groaned when Jongdae forcefully took the blanket off me and he was surprised by how messy I looked right then, with unkempt hair, swollen and teary eyes, red runny nose. And he didn’t make me feel better with his reaction. I sent him a death glare before snatching my blanket back.

“Okay, if it’s not Baekhyun, then it must be your almighty CEO, Oh Sehun?”

At the mention of that name, my ears perked, I pulled my blanket down, revealing my swollen eyes to him. How did Jongdae oppa know?

“I am your older brother, I know everything, even if you don’t say a thing. You like him, don’t you?”

Feeling embarrassed, I brought my gaze down to my fingers to avoid my brother’s interrogative look.

“It doesn’t matter, we have broken up…” Tears gushed out the moment I brought up the break up. I miss Sehun so badly. I miss his comforting hugs and pink lips all over me. This is what you get for taking someone for granted.

“I told you that you and him won’t work out! Baekhyun is still the best for you.”

I rolled my eyes before sending my older brother a death glare, “He is not. Do you know why we broke up two years ago? He played with my feelings. He dated me because of a bet and he humiliated my in front of everyone in school.”

Tears gushed out at the thought of my ty love life. My past relationships have never been smooth-sailing and it makes me really sad. What did I do in my previous life to suffer like this in this life? Oh wait, I was given a great man. Oh Sehun is a great man. But I didn’t know how to appreciate him and now he is taken away from me.

“Holy crap??? Byun Baekhyun did that?? Why didn’t you tell me? Or anyone??”

I sobbed and I couldn’t breathe properly with a blocked nose. Gosh, I must have looked really pathetic right then.

“I didn’t want to ruin his perfect image in front of you, mum, and dad.”

Jongdae oppa pulled me into his arms and despite all the mishaps; one thing I am grateful for is my older brother. He is always there when I need a shoulder to cry on and a listening ear to rant to. I wrapped my arms around my older brother and wailed like a baby. After I calmed down, Jongdae oppa made me explain everything that happened between Baekhyun, Sehun and me. So, of course, I shared everything, truthfully to my older brother, who really listened to my story patiently.

“Hera, I don’t wish to reprimand you but you are in the wrong. You were dating Oh Sehun, and how could you think about Baekhyun? You need to sort your feelings out. Who do you love exactly? You can’t be indecisive, you will end up hurting all of them.”

“Yeah, I hurt Sehun the most… I bet he hates me a lot right now.”

“My beloved sister,” Jongdae oppa lifted my head and made me look at him, “No matter who you choose, I will support you, as long as you are happy. If you still love Sehun, have a proper closure with Baekhyun and then fight for him. Prove to Sehun that you love him.”

I nodded, with nose running non-stop, “But what if I ended choosing Baekhyun?”

“If you have loved Baekhyun in the first place, you wouldn’t be crying so badly over your break up now.”

 

Thankfully for my older brother’s quick reflex, he was able to make up a lie and applied for medical leave on behalf of me for a week. But that also means that I have used up all my medical leave and I can’t apply for any for the last two months of my internship. I didn’t expect Jongdae oppa to apply for so many days but he insisted that I needed at least a week to clear my mind, get over the heartbreak, and start afresh. And he was right, I did think thoroughly about my feelings for the past few days and I have come to a conclusion that I don’t want any other man beside Sehun. I love him, and I need to tell Baekhyun firmly that we are over.

Walking into the office after a week makes me feel like I am starting afresh, although a displeased Lucy is probably waiting for me at my desk.

“Hera!!”

I almost stumbled backwards from the sudden attack from my good friend, Seulgi.

“Gosh! You are finally back! Are you okay? I heard from Jongdae oppa that you had food poisoning and very high fever!! I was so worried about you!”

Kang Jongdae, what kind of lie did you make up??

“I am fine now, don’t worry.”

“Oh wow Kang Hera is back! Kinda miss your presence man!” Haechan hollered.

I smiled to Haechan and Doyoung, who, surprisingly, got me vitamins and they claimed that I needed those health products to strengthen my immunity because I used up all my medical leave. I smacked their arms for teasing me but I thanked them for the gift. It was very nice of them.

“Hey Hera, welcome back.”

I turned around and bowed to Secretary Do, who seems a little different from the last time I saw him. Did he lose weight? Or did he cut his hair? Why does he look so smiley?

“Thanks Secretary Do. Is Mr Oh in his office?” After making sure that my intern friends were gone, I asked.

Secretary Do’s brows formed a line, with a deep frown, “Oh, sorry Hera, Mr Oh wasn’t in the office for the past one week. He went for a business trip to Shanghai.”

“Oh…” My shoulders slumped in disappointment. Guess I can only have a talk with him when he is back.

“But he will be back today.”

My face lit up immediate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter