Ride #23

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEHUN’S POV

I was worried like mad because I couldn’t contact Hera for the whole night. Rushing in to the office, I let out a sign of relief when I saw my girl at the pantry, safe and sound. But wait, wasn’t she wearing the exact same outfit yesterday? Did she not go home?

“Why do I always catch you daydreaming at the pantry?”

I love sneaking up on Hera whenever she is caught off guard, her surprised expression never fails to make me laugh.

“People can see us…”

“No one is around.”

Not sure if I was thinking too much but Hera felt a little distant and she seemed to look troubled by things, which got me worried. I don’t like seeing her like that.

“Why do you look so awful? Are you sick?”

“Me? No, I am not sick!”

Hera laughed nervously and I know that she does that whenever she tries to cover up her anxiety and lies. It kinda saddens me that she didn’t want to share her what’s on her mind with me.  

“Where have you been the whole night? I couldn’t contact you at all and,” I scanned her from head to toe to make sure she was indeed wearing the clothes from yesterday before I throw her the question, “Why are you wearing the same clothes from yesterday? Did something happen?”

“Nothing happened!” Hera’s reply came off a little defensive, like she was really hiding something from me.

“You sure? You don’t look-”

“I am fine, Sehun.”

I was taken aback by Hera’s sudden burst of anger. Did I do something to upset her? She seems to be in a bad mood. Hera rarely uses such tone with me and it scares me to see her behaving like that, as if something bad is going to happen to our relationship.

“I am sorry, I am feeling tired. Let’s talk another time.”

Watching her walking out of the pantry, I didn’t bother to stop her, because I could tell that she needed some time alone to cool down. I could only pray that Hera would always be my Hera.

 

Kyungsoo hyung and I were about to leave the office for a meeting during lunch time when I spotted Chanyeol hyung and Baekhyun hyung at their desks chatting away. I was so close to approaching them but their conversation made me halted my steps.

“Yah! Where did you go last night! You have yet to recover!”

“N-nothing, I stayed over at another friend’s house.”

“You could have called! I was worried to death! Do not do this again!”

“Yes, mum.”

“But why didn’t your friend give you a fresh set of clothes? You are wearing the same outfit as yesterday!”

My ears perked at that part of their conversation and I glanced at Baekhyun hyung’s outfit. Chanyeol hyung was right. As I tried to connect the dots, a wave of sadness and jealousy washed over me. Was Hera with Baekhyun hyung last night? What were they doing together for the whole night? Why didn’t Hera tell me anything? Why did they have to lie about whatever that happened last night? Hurriedly, I made my way out because I didn’t want to hear any of their conversation anymore. For now, I will give Hera the benefit of doubt unconditionally.

 

I was over the moon when I received a text from Hera, asking me if I am free for the dinner that evening. Immediately, I typed in my reply. The thing going on between Hera and Baekhyun hyung has been at the back of my mind yesterday and although I want to ask Hera about it, I was scared to know the truth. I was scared that Hera would choose Baekhyun hyung over me. But a text from Hera was able to clear all my worries away. Maybe I think too much; there is nothing between the two of them and as long as Hera tells me that, I will believe her no matter what. I am not in anywhere inferior to Baekhyun hyung; I am very sure I love her more than he does because I will never play with her feelings.

“Hyung,” I gave Kyungsoo hyung a call, “Help me get a bouquet of red roses and put it in my car by 6pm.”

I am so looking forward to the dinner date with Hera.

 

However, my excitement was short-lived. It was half past 6 and Hera was nowhere to be seen at the carpark. Neither did she pick up any of my calls. Has she forgotten about our date? I know that she was helping Luna with the photo shoot but she should be done by now. Where has she gone? As I dialed Luna’s number, I was hoping that Hera would appear soon.

“Hey Mr Oh?” 

“Luna, is Kang Hera with you?”

“Nope, Mr Oh. She left for Baekhyun’s place.”

My heart sank upon hearing Luna’s words, “Huh? Why?”

“Not very sure but Baekhyun asked her to deliver something to his place.” 

“When did she leave the office?”

“Around 5pm?Mr Oh, is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter