Ride #21

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a struggle to open my eyes, especially with the bright and blinding light shining right at my face. After adjusting to the brightness, I looked around to find myself at somewhere foreign, and I was surrounded by shelves. Where the hell am I?

“Hey, are you awake?”

I tilted my head upwards when I heard a hoarse voice right above my head. It was Byun Baekhyun, who sounded like he just woke up, and his arms were around me. I was flabbergasted to see us in such intimate position but the moment I recalled the kiss last night, the hug didn’t seem much of a big deal. Baekhyun and I spent the whole night together in the props room, and that was never in my internship bucket list.

“If you don’t mind, could you help me up?”

I quickly stood up and lent a helping hand to Baekhyun. My body was awkward from sleeping through the entire night in a sitting position, and I felt worse that Baekhyun had let me use his chest as my pillow. He must have been 100 times more uncomfortable, especially when the cast is in the way.

“I am sorry, are you alright?” I asked, guilt sinking in as I looked at his lethargic face.

“Nah, don’t worry so much okay?” Baekhyun gave a pat on my head, “Let’s try to get out, shall we? It’s morning and there should be people coming to the office.”

As we were making our ways to the door, my ears perked, as I heard people talking outside the prop room. Hurriedly, I ran to the door, despite feeling hungry and tired, to get their attention.

“Hello?? Whoever is out there?? Can you get us out??”

I shouted and it seems like the people outside heard us, as there were some responses from them. Within a minute, the people outside unlocked the door and I was so glad that the nightmare is finally over. The moment the door opened, I was greeted by a surprised Seulgi and Doyoung, who had their eyes widely opened at the sight of Baekhyun and me in the props room, wearing the same clothes as the previous day.

“Oh my! Hera!! What were you doing inside??”

I dashed towards Seulgi and hugged her, eyes teary at the sight of my good friend, “Seulgi!”

“Mr Byun, Hera, are you guys okay? What happened?”

“We got locked inside the props room, somehow. And…” Baekhyun’s voice trailed off as he gave me a quick glance, “Yeah, that’s about it.”

Doyoung gasped, “Crap! You guys spent the entire night inside??”

My blood froze. Sure, we did, but please Doyoung, do not question anymore. I don’t want to recall the incident from last night, definitely not the kiss.

“Yeah…”

“Oh dear! You guys have starved!” Doyoung’s instinctive reply got my life reduced by ten years. I was relieved that he didn’t probe further.

 

“How is spending the night in the props room with Mr Byun like?”

I lifted my drenched face from the basin, with a huge frown, as Seulgi shot her question randomly while I was washing my face, trying to freshen up since I have no time to go home and bathe and change to a new set of clothes.

“What are you saying?”

Seulgi grinned while she looked ahead, with a dreamy expression, as if fantasising some weird in her brain, “It’s Mr Byun Baekhyun we are talking about! He is so attractive, it must have been an amazing evening spent in there with such a captivating species,” She then nudged me, “What did you guys talk about?”

“Seriously, Seulgi! Do you think I would have time to think of those? I just wanted to get out,” I shook my head and rolled my eyes at my friend, who is completely immersed in her fangirl world. I get why Seulgi behaves like that, I was once like her, who was swept off by Baekhyun’s charm. If we didn’t have a history, I would have fangirled over Baekhyun as well.

“Why? You should have treasured that rare opportunity of getting stuck in that isolated room with Mr Byun! I would have pounded on him and left him no way to run”

I chuckled. Pound on him? I didn’t have to do the job, my ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter