Ride #20

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun has been recovering well, especially with my mother visiting him every single day with nutritious food. And I got dragged by my mother to visit him as well. My mother sure dotes on Baekhyun a lot, as if he was her real son, and Baekhyun was enjoying the special treatment, way too much. After a week stay in the hospital, Baekhyun was finally discharged. Mr Park and Secretary Do were helping him to pack his bag, while I stood behind them and next to Sehun awkwardly. If it weren’t for mother, I wouldn’t have come. Thankfully, my mother didn’t insist on tagging along, even though she tried to convince me that Baekhyun needed her care. Seriously mum, he is not a kid anymore. Beside the cast around his calf and the clutches, he looks absolutely fine.

“Are you going back to your apartment and stay alone?” Secretary Do asked and all of us looked at Baekhyun for an answer. The guilt inside of me is eating me up again. He may look alright but the injury has resulted much inconvenience and immobility to his life.

Baekhyun nodded, “Yeah, I am fine.”

“How are you to go stay alone? It’s still difficult for you to move around freely! How about you stay with me for the time being?” Mr Park suggested and I think that’s a good idea. What if he slip and fall in the bathroom and no one is there to help him?

“Aye, I am not crippled, I can take care of myself.”

“How about…” Mr Park turned around, with his the corner of lips lifted upwards, “Hera can take care of you!”

“What??” I exclaimed, “Why me??”

“You are cause of Baekhyun’s injury so you should bear the responsibility!” Mr Park clapped and cheered, as if his idea was the best, “Plus, you guys used to date, you should know his livelihood well!”

My eyes were bulging and my mouth was widely opened. Are you kidding me, Mr Park? What kind of logic is that? I saw Secretary Do nudging Mr Park, with a subtle look of disapproval. I bit my lips nervously, I didn’t want to take care of Baekhyun but Mr Park is right, it is my fault that Baekhyun injured himself.

“Actually-”

“No.”

A deep voice interrupted Baekhyun and cut off Mr Park’s giggle. Lifting my head up to meet Sehun’s eyes, he had a stoic expression hung on his face; clearly he was pissed off by Mr Park’s idea.

“What’s wrong, Sehun?” Mr Park asked. Aside him, Baekhyun was confused by Sehun’s sudden hostility. He then shifted his gaze to me and I turned away immediately. Although I had denied my relationship with Sehun, I bet Baekhyun has already seen through us. Somehow, the instincts of the Exs are never wrong; that’s what happens in dramas too.

“Nothing, just no. Hera is a girl, isn’t it outrageous for her to live with a man, whom isn’t her the other half, under one roof?”

Mr Park laughed, “Oh come on Sehun! They used to date, why would that matter?”

“Like what you said, it’s the past. They are no together anymore.”

“Guys…” I tried to interfere but my voice was too soft for the boys to hear me. They look like they are going to fight anytime.

“Hey!” Baekhyun called, which stopped the boys from arguing and caught all our attention, “I will stay with Chanyeol alright? Sehun is right, it’s weird to have Hera living with me anyway.”

I flashed a quick smile to Baekhyun, feeling grateful for him from saving me from the dilemma.

 

Sehun slammed the empty glass on the table after he gulped the water down in one shot. I know he is pissed but I didn’t know his bad mood would last throughout the car ride and it still didn’t go away even when we arrived at my apartment.

“Would you please calm down? Why are you still upset? Mr Park didn’t mean it.”

I sat next to him on my couch, and wrapped my hand around his hands, hoping to make him feel better. Told you he is a big baby.

“I am not angry with Chanyeol hyung. I am angry with myself. I wish I could declare to everyone that you are mine and you are out of league. I want to express my feelings and affection for you openly, so that such incident will not happen again. But I can’t! And I am frustrated by it!”

My heart skipped a beta at his words. What did I do to deserve a man like Oh Sehun? He is never stingy or embarrassed with his compliments and loving words for me. Unlike all my previous boyfriends, who ended up breaking my heart and made me into a fool, Oh Sehun makes me feel treasured. Releasing his hands, I cupped his face and leaned forward to kiss him. Sehun didn’t waste any second in reciprocating the kiss; he lifted me up and placed me on his lap, then, he squeezed my body in his arms tightly, as if afraid that I would disappear if he let go of me.

The kiss was intense and I could feel the heat in our bodies increasing. Due to the lack of oxygen, we pulled apart in case we both suffocate. Can I just say, Sehun looks so damn hot with his lips swollen and chest heaving up and down?

“What was that?” Sehun asked, mood got better significantly; “You really know how to drive me crazy, don’t you?”

Chuckling, I caressed his sharp jaw with my fingertips, “I know. But I just want you know that it’s doesn’t matter if our relationship is kept underground, as long as our hearts beat as one, it’s all that matter.”

“So you acknowledge our relationship??” Sehun’s eyes sparkled.

“Hmm, not yet, I haven’t ended my internship,” I shook my head and chuckled at the same time, causing the frustrated man to release a loud groan, “But, the secret rendezvous between the rich and hot CEO and the average intern… I like that kink.”

“You are such a teaser, Kang Hera.”

 

I was surprised to see Baekhyun back at work the next day. He is definitely not in the best condition to return to the battlefield, I nean-work, especially with that huge cast around his feet. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter