Ride #19

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cast around Baekhyun’s leg made my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. I am immensely guilty for causing such discomfort to Baekhyun. If I didn’t lose my balance, Baekhyun wouldn’t need to save me and end up with a broken leg. Also, if it weren’t for Baekhyun, I would be the one with an injured leg. Now, he is hospitalised because of my clumsiness.

“Do avoid strenuous activities for the time being and avoid moving around too much.”

The doctor took his leave after examining Baekhyun. Thankfully, aside the broken leg, Baekhyun’s condition is fine. Otherwise, I would be guilty for the rest of my life.

“I am sorry, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun chuckled, “Hey, don’t worry alright? I wouldn’t want you to injure yourself anyway. Plus, this is nothing much. Maybe I should be grateful for this injury because now I can finally take the chance to rest and sleep the whole day.”

I know Baekhyun was trying to make me feel better but I still can’t get over the guilt inside of me. The cast is going to bring him lots of inconvenience and the shoot was halted because of me. Bet the production team must be blaming me for delaying the progress. I should have been more careful and more aware of my surrounding, why was I so clumsy?

“You looked really distressed. I am fine, Hera,” Baekhyun assured me with an affectionate smile, “Stop blaming yourself. It’s not your fault.”

Just then, Baekhyun and I diverted our attention to the door as we heard soft knocks outside. To my bewilderment, my mum and Jongdae oppa had come to visit Baekhyun. What the heck??

“Eomma! Oppa! What are you guys doing here?” I was flabbergasted by their sudden appearance. I didn’t expect them to be serious about visiting Baekhyun when I told them Baekhyun got admitted to the hospital because of me. The moment my mother heard that news, she got very worried and she insisted to pay Baekhyun a visit. Before I can object, my mother had already hung up the call. Gosh, I am praying super hard that no other employee is on their way to visit Baekhyun, otherwise, I would have ton of explanation to do, again.

Baekhyun greeted my mother and my older brother and upon seeing Baekhyun in the bedridden state, my mother casted a worried and broken-hearted expression, as if she felt the pain even though it was inflicted on Baekhyun and not her, while I became invisible to my own family members.

“Are you alright, my dear son-in-law?”

“Yah eomma!” I hissed, “Don’t spout nonsense!”

Baekhyun blushed at the endearment and I could tell them he was lowkey enjoying the affection that my mother showered him with. Sometimes, I think my mother loves Baekhyun more than me, who is her biological daughter.

“You should be grateful that Baekhyun saved you. Otherwise, you would be the one on the bed.”

I glared at Jongdae’s oppa for his useless input.

“Thank you for protecting Hera, Baekhyun.”

“It’s nothing, auntie. It’s my responsibility. I would not be able to forgive myself if Hera got injured instead of me.”

“Awww,” My mother clasped her hands and looked at Baekhyun and me, “This is why I entrust Hera to you. Hera,” My mother whispered, “Baekhyun must have loved you a lot.”

My eyes widened in shock while Baekhyun, who overheard my mother’s words, seems really happy to have my mother and my older brother on his side.

“Eomma! For the last time, we are not dating!!”

My mother turned a deaf ear to my rebuttal as her attention was solely on Baekhyun. She had even prepa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter