Ride #14

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The long awaited company trip to Okinawa is finally happening. Everyone seems really excited for this trip, and while we were waiting to board the plane, Mr Park and Baekhyun couldn’t stop making fools out of themselves by throwing funny anecdotes and jokes to the female employees surrounding them, and of course, the girls couldn’t stop giggling at the clowns.

“We are so lucky to join Agency Z during this period!” Doyoung expressed his excitement by bouncing on the spot like a kid.

Haechan nodded his head vigorously, “Yeah! I heard that the company trip was to Jeju Island last year. Such a huge difference!”

Wendy clasped her hands and smiled dreamily, “I can’t wait to go to the beach!!”

“And the shopping too!!” Seulgi added, which I nodded in agreement. I am looking forward to the shopping and my older brother had shamelessly given me a list of items he wants from there. I am not sure if I can get any since it’s my first time and I am not familiar with the place.

As we continued to chit chat about the things we plan to do in Okinawa, Sehun arrived, with Secretary Do walking beside him, and all of us bowed to him. As much as I look forward to this trip, I also have a couple of worries troubling me, and Oh Sehun happens to be one of them. For the past few days, I have been avoiding Sehun and I don’t know how I accomplish that because Sehun bothers me whenever he gets the chance to, but somehow, I did it. Sehun was puzzled by my sudden aloof behaviour and he spammed me lots of messages on the first two days but I ignored them and subsequently, he stopped. He also tried to talk to me in the office but gave up after multiple futile attempts because I managed to run away from him everytime.

“It’s good to see all of you beaming with excitement for the trip so I hope you all will have fun and enjoy,” After Sehun was done with the short speech, he went ahead to board the plane first while all of us queued behind him. I should be happy that he didn’t try to make eye contact with me at all earlier on, but somehow, it hurts my heart a little. Did he finally give up on me?

 

After we boarded the plane, the interns were happy that we all get to sit together. The boys took the seats in front of us while Seulgi, Wendy and I occupied the seats in the middle row, leaving a vacant seat next to me. I am hoping that no one sits next to me so I will have two seats to myself. As I was browsing the in-flight entertainment, a shadow loomed next to me and my face fell when I took notice of his presence.

“I guess I am sitting here,” Baekhyun grinned, but I was cursing mentally. Of all people, why Byun Baehyun?? Is this a joke or what? Seulgi and Wendy greeted Baekhyun politely and he waved to them in return as I continued to lament my unlucky fate.

As Baekhyun settled down, I beckoned him over with my index finger, “Did you choose this seat purposely?” I gritted my teeth as I put on a fake smile, masking my annoyance.

“Well, what do you think?”

I rolled my eyes at his ambiguous reply. Putting on my earpiece, I closed my eyes, in hope that he would get the message to leave me alone and not bother me throughout the flight.

 

I fell asleep unknowingly and when I woke up, I realised my head was leaning on Baekhyun’s shoulder, while the guy remained deep in slumber with his body leaning against the arm rest. I jolted immediately, and I was heaved a sign of relief to see Seulgi, Wendy, and the other passengers near us sleeping soundly. Otherwise, I would be subjected to a lot of questioning. Stupid Baekhyun, if he didn’t sit next to me, I can have two seats to myself. As I stood up from my seat, I saw Baekhyun’s pillow on the ground and so I picked it up and threw it at his face, venting my anger at the oblivious man.

I entered the vacant aircraft lavatory and washed m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter