Ride #10

A Crazy Ride Called Life *DO NOT PLAGIARISE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is the start of a brand new week again. The weekend passed by so quickly and I barely got any rest and had any time to myself. My initial plans to catch up on Netflix shows was thrown out of the windows and I really hate myself for getting too involved with Oh Sehun and Byun Baekhyun. Just when I thought of Baekhyun, I happened to make eye contact with him, and Mr Park, the moment I walked into the production suite. The two males smiled at me and I bowed before heading to my desk. I was surprised to see a cup of coffee on my desk, along with the red umbrella that I lent Baekhyun yesterday.

I picked up the post it that says, “Thank you for the umbrella. Hope you still love Café Latte. –B J”. I stare at the cup of Café Latte for the longest time; Baekhyun still remembers that Café Latte is my favourite among all the caffeine beverages. Wasn’t our relationship a game to Baekhyun? Didn’t he date me because of a bet? Why does he still remember my likes and dislikes so well? Then again, if he was really serious about me, he wouldn’t have come up with such a stupid bet by playing with somebody’s feelings.

“So Hera, how was your weekend?”

I turned around to see Mr Park behind me, while he took quick glance to see what I was busy with before he approached me. I reached for the post it and crushed it in my palm before Mr Park sees it and raises questions at the treat from Baekhyun.

“It was good.” Funny how he asked me that question when we just met on Saturday night.

“Where did you disappear to? You left the club without bidding goodbye. Jongin was so sad that you left,” Mr Park pouted.

I laughed nervously, not sure if he was just joking about the last part but if I happened to see Jongin again, I would make sure to make it clear that I am not interested in him. There is enough on my plates with those two burdens occupying my mind.

“My friend called me suddenly so I left and I forgot to inform you guys.”

“At least you are safe! We were worried about your safety, especially Baekhyun.”

I frowned, “Is it?”

Mr Park nodded, “Yeah, probably because you are his intern, but he just seem more concern and uptight than the rest.”

I nodded even though that was just plain bull to me. I mean, a supervisor isn’t obligated to be concerned or responsible over his or her interns’ safety and behaviour outside of office so whatever Mr Park said is not valid. Then again, it would be better for Mr Park to think of it that way than to think of us in a special relationship.

“But…” Mr Park raised his brow at me, “Is there something between you and Sehun?” Even though he tried to keep his voice as low as possible, I was still afraid that people around us would hear him. The rumours from last week still haven’t died down completely and I can’t risk having my name put together with Mr Oh in a sentence.

“Nahh! Why would you ask that?” Okay, Kang Hera, as long as you remain calm and deny all the way, no one would suspect a thing. Plus, I have told myself 3791201632 times that I am going to keep a good distance away from my boss.

Mr Park shrugged, “I don’t know, it’s just my instincts. Plus, he disappeared along with you that night. Thought maybe you guys went somewhere to hanky pank-”

“Shhhh!!” I shut Mr Park’s mouth with my hand instantly and he was shocked to see such a bold move of mine. I didn’t realise our interaction had garnered a few curious on-lookers, including Baekhyun, who has his brows arched in displeasure for some goddamn reason.

I quickly retrieved my hand away from Mr Park and laughed nervously, “T-There was a fly around you Mr Park! I just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter