Love Me More Now That You Forgot Me

Love Me More Now That You Forgot Me

Irene woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. Her ringtone is Red Velvet's "Power Up." Irene groaned as she answered the phone with shaky hands. "Hello?" she asked into the phone. She doesn't even know who called her since she didn't look at the caller's ID. Irene's eyes widen when the other person talks and Irene doesn't hesitate to get ready to go out.

***

"Is she awake?" Irene asked. She ran to her best friend, Park Joy, and waited for an answer. Joy had a pained expression on her face and Irene furrowed her eyebrows at the sight. Irene spotted Joy's younger sister -- Park Yeri -- sobbing quietly. Irene frowned and waited for a doctor to come and give her permission to enter her girlfriend's room. 

Irene spotted her favorite doctor, Kim Jennie, walking towards her. Irene grabbed her arm and looked at Jennie. Jennie had a tired face on and she wasn't her usual smiling self. "Oh... um... c-can I enter Seulgi's room?" Irene asked hesitantly and stuttering. Jennie didn't smile or talk and just nodded and walked away slowly. The mood was sad and sorrowful and Irene was confused. If Seulgi was awake, wouldn't everybody be happy? Irene's eyes then widen. Unless she's dead......

No! Irene shook her head and felt tears forming. She couldn't be dead... could she? She just woke up! Irene ran to Seulgi's room and entered the room. Irene's eyes widen as she sees Seulgi eating hospital food. Irene's lips curve from ear to ear as she runs to Seulgi and hugs her tightly. Seulgi yelps as she is pulled into a hug. Seulgi tries pushing Irene away but Irene doesn't budge. "You're alive.... you're alive...," Irene chanted, smiling with tears rolling down her cheeks. Seulgi finally manages to push Irene away and then looks at Irene. Irene is smiling widely but she sees that Seulgi isn't reciprocating the look. Irene then stops and raises an eyebrow. "... Seulgi..?" Irene asks softly. Seulgi raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah?" Seulgi inquires, rubbing her chin. Irene is shocked. Why does Seulgi feel so different? Suddenly, Irene feels someone touch her shoulder and Irene turns around to see Joy. Seulgi furrows her eyebrows as Irene takes a step away from Joy. Joy sighs. "It only felt like yesterday when we were all drinking and having fun," Joy said, rubbing her temples frustratingly. Seulgi tilts her head and Irene feels her heart flutter.

Joy sighs again and exits the room. Irene follows Joy and finds Yeri sleeping peacefully. Just before she was sobbing and crying about Seulgi not remembering her. Irene feels tears forming in her eyes. How could her girlfriend get amnesia? Irene frowns and blinks, causing the tears to fall. Joy keeps a straight face. "I wonder how Wendy would feel about this," Joy states curiously. Irene's eyes widen and she looks away from Joy and out a window at the end of the hall. "They've been friends for years and now it feels like it's all gone to waste." Irene doesn't stop staring at the window.She sighs and wipes her tears. "I have to make her remember me," Irene muttered.

Joy looks at Irene curiously and finds her looking determined. Joy raises an eyebrow and Irene just walks out of the hospital with her fists clenched.

***

A week later, Seulgi gets discharged and she returns home. Home as in with Irene. They own a two-story house that is what they call home. Seulgi remembers the house but doesn't remember anything that she's done at the house. Irene and Seulgi walk together and into the house. Seulgi doesn't say any lame jokes or any cheesy pick-up lines.

Seulgi just walks into the house amazed. "Do I really live with you?" Seulgi asked quietly. Irene chuckles and nods. Irene then kisses Seulgi's forehead. Though Irene has to tip-toe to do so, she would do anything for Seulgi. Seulgi blushes and grins. Irene grins back and the two decide to take a shower together. For Seulgi, it was just a fun thing that they both do together. But for Irene, it was painful. They used to bathe together every other day. Irene smiles as she scrubs Seulgi's back. Seulgi laughs as Irene tells her jokes... but it felt different.

Seulgi didn't feel like... Seulgi. Seulgi smiles and then asks, "What were we?" Irene stops scrubbing Seulgi's back and then quickly continues scrubbing. Seulgi furrows her eyebrows and waits for an answer patiently. "W-we...," Irene pauses, thinking of what to say, "we were g-good friends... yeah.." Irene smiles, trying to convince Seulgi. Seulgi doesn't reply and just nods. The two then finish up quietly and get dressed together.

Seulgi still maintained her extremely fit body. And if Irene must add, y. Irene her lips subconsciously and Seulgi notices. Seulgi finds it strange but shrugs it off. Irene just realizes something. Something very important. Seulgi's birthday was just 2 days ago. Irene smiles and then runs off to scour for her birthday card for Seulgi. Seulgi is oblivious and Irene finds it in only a few minutes and runs back to Seulgi. "Seulgi-yah!" Irene shouts. Seulgi hears Irene's delicate and soothing voice and sees Irene panting with a card in her hand. Seulgi raises an eyebrow and grabs the card hesitantly and looks at Irene for permission. Irene smiles and nods. Seulgi nods and sighs as she carefully opens the card. Irene's eyes widen as she suddenly forgot that Seulgi doesn't know about their status before she had amnesia. The words "I LOVE YOU" pop up along with 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SEULGI!" and Seulgi unconsciously smiles. She just assumed that Irene and her constantly say "I love you" to each other. Irene blushes when she sees that Seulgi doesn't question the card and sighs in relief.

Irene then sits down next to Seulgi and the two cuddle together while watching a romantic movie. Irene had never felt her heart pound faster ever. Seulgi cuddles silently with Irene and the two don't say a word. There were no words to be said. Just feelings needed to be sorted out.

***

The two girls fell asleep on the couch and Irene woke up first. She yawned and saw that she was sleeping on Seulgi. Irene smiled hoping that she didn't crush Seulgi in their sleep. Seulgi was sleeping with slightly open and Irene giggled. Irene then laid Seulgi down in a more comfortable position and decided to make breakfast. Hmm... just something simple. Or maybe order something? Irene chuckled and made ramen noodles. She was too lazy to make anything at the moment. Ramen seemed easy. Seulgi opened her eyes and quickly sat up with her disheveled hair and confused look. Irene saw everything and giggled and teased Seulgi about it. Seulgi's eyes widened as she told Irene that she saw something.

"I...I saw something! I think it was a memory! It was about me and someone else sitting under the stars," Seulgi explained. Irene's eyes widen as she remembers something similar but keeps silent about it. "Hmm.. it does seems like a memory....," Irene replies casually while mixing the noodles. Seulgi sighs and sits down on the chair at the kitchen table while Irene serves her glorious ramen noodles.

Seulgi grins and grabs the chopsticks and break it and blows on the ramen noodles. Irene smiles and does the same. Seulgi revels in the smell of the noodles and Irene laughs. The two girls eat quickly and Irene sees how Seulgi eats. Seulgi just gobbles the noodles and then gobbles another bunch of noodles. She eats just like the old Seulgi. 

"Irene?" Seulgi asked quietly. Irene snaps out of her thoughts and the two finish breakfast. Irene has work and Seulgi also has work. After all, February 13 is on a Wednesday. Irene is quite tired due to her staying late at night watching movies with Seulgi but Irene knows that it was worth it. Irene does her morning routine and goes off to work. Which is at a college. Seulgi also has work and that is working as a choreographer at the famous company, SM entertainment. Seulgi has amnesia though so she has the day off.

Irene is extremely beautiful. Her visuals are no joke. But that means that there will be a lot of lovestruck people. They don't understand that Irene already has a girlfriend. Irene honestly thinks that since she's not married, the boys and girls are all like " it" and try to hit on her. Like, there is a reason why Irene is dating someone. Not for money or pleasure but for love. The day is quite long. Like a normal class schedule. And you know, there's always that college drama that Irene finds so dramatic. That's why it's called drama. 

There's this student named Im Nayeon who likes Yoo Jeongyeon but Jeongyeon is the daughter of a famous CEO and blah blah blah, yada yada yada. Irene doesn't need to get herself involved in this mess. She's a 28-year-old woman who is astute. She does not need to get herself involved. The only twist is that Nayeon is secretly the daughter of a famous CEO, too. Yeah, it's true. She took a DNA test and has the same as a famous CEO. Irene was actually shocked when she first heard the news. Not because of Nayeon secretly being the daughter of a dead CEO but because of how much this sounded like a love story.

Irene chuckled when she thought of how dramatic this was though. She can't call it dramatic and crazy when she was literally involved in every drama there was in high school and college. Since she was popular and had the looks and popularity, her name could be thrown into a conversation and she would be accused of doing something she didn't do. Fortunately, Seulgi was another popular student who stood up for her. 

It was the end of school and Irene was going home, driving in her car. Irene arrives home and unlocks the door and locks it again, closing it. Irene sighs and finds Seulgi napping. Irene chuckles as she sees that Seulgi tried to cook something but ordered takeout instead. Irene sits next to Seulgi on the couch and thinks of when she first met Seulgi.

Irene didn't originally like Seulgi. Seulgi was an extremely nice and caring person but she was quite the player. With her deadly looks and her contagious smile, she could score any girl or boy. Yeah, she could score any boy but she was lesbian. That was another reason why Irene didn't like Seulgi. It wasn't until 3 years ago until she started dating Seulgi. Yeah, despite being an old woman, she only started dating the love of her life 3 years ago. 

Seulgi had already dated all the popular girls and some boys at Irene's high school. There was only Irene left. Irene told herself to not get caught under Seulgi's spell but once Irene started bumping into Seulgi everywhere, her heart started beating faster and it started to beat unusually louder. Irene knew that she fell in deep for Seulgi when they had their first kiss. The pleasure of having Seulgi's soft and welcoming lips on hers. Irene knew she would never let go of Seulgi. Ever.

And it felt like that accident tested her. The car accident where Seulgi fell into a deep sleep for days and had amnesia. It felt like the accident teased and mocked Irene, asking if she would really let go or not. Irene already knew her decison but it felt so... so unreal. How could such a safe driver get in such a nasty accident?

Irene could feel Seulgi moving and rolling over. Irene smiled and then started thinking of her first times with Seulgi. First kiss? Irene knew that it wasn't her first kiss but it sure was her first romantic kiss. Irene doesn't know how she fell in love with Seulgi. It felt so cliche to fall in love with the player. Irene could tell how everybody fell for Seulgi but for her? Irene doesn't know honestly. Seulgi was just very charming and attractive that Irene couldn't.... control her lust. She had the body and the looks and the personality and she had everything. It felt like she had purposely made everybody want to touch her or something. The thought of it still disgusts Irene to this day. Suddenly, there was shuffling and Seulgi woke up again.

Irene laughed when she saw Seulgi's confused face. Seulgi was zoning out but eventually snapped out of her thoughts and groaned. She was really tired and pouted. "Stop laughing!" Seulgi exclaimed. Then she breaks into a yawn and Irene laughs again. It felt so comfortable to be with Seulgi. No matter if she lost her memories or not, she still felt safe. Irene smiles as the clock hits 8:00 PM. Irene gets ready to take a shower and Seulgi sighs. 

"I really wonder what that 'I love you' meant in that birthday card....," Irene heard Seulgi mutter. Irene hid her blushing mess and quickly stepped into the shower.

***

It was 10:30 PM and Irene was laying in bed with Seulgi. Irene couldn't sleep. She knew that she had to tell Seulgi someday. She had to confess to Seulgi before Seulgi finds someone else. Irene doesn't even know if Seulgi loves her anymore. Irene feels tears forming in her eyes but Irene doesn't cry. She had to be hopeful. Irene had to hope that Seulgi still loves her. Irene really, really, really, really, really loves Seulgi. And Irene hopes that Seulgi loves her back.

***

The day of love. The day where Cupid comes out and starts shooting arrows to couples. Irene wakes up to find Seulgi not next to her. Irene starts panicking. Where could the bear be? Irene gets out of bed to find a mess in the kitchen. Despite the mess, she could see Seulgi's concentrated face when she tries to mix the batter. Was she trying to make a cake? Irene laughs as she sees Seulgi's veins and muscles popping out just to mix a batter. Irene laughs so hard that she almost suffocated.

"We could just buy a cake," Irene told Seulgi. Seulgi, being the stubborn girl she was, rejected the idea of buying a cake. "The cake won't have enough love in it. We need to make it ourselves," Seulgi said. Irene laughs at how cute Seulgi is and pats her head like a mother. Irene still had work though so Irene said that they could make it later. Seulgi nods quickly and Irene smiles. Seulgi still has today off, for some odd reason. She's recovered quite quickly, Irene doesn't get why she shouldn't go to work. Well, Seulgi might not have the dance skills anymore. Irene proceeds to go to work in her car. Oh gosh. She finds Nayeon and Jeongyeon hugging tightly. Irene avoids the two girls and proceeds to her classroom. Irene sighs and smiles at the sight of people giving roses and chocolates to each other. Such a sweet.... moment.... except for the fact that they get rejected. Or the fact that it's a dare. I mean, it's nice but I don't think you should do it just because of a dare. So weird. Irene furrows her eyebrows at her thoughts.

The day goes on just like the day before. Except for the fact that everybody is sending hearts to everyone. Heart fingers, blowing hearts, heart arrows (literally) and paper hearts. Irene doesn't even know anymore. The school days ends just like that. Full of love and sweetness. And bittersweetness. Irene sighs as she drives home. But she drives slower than yesterday. She has planned something for the love of her life. Irene unlocks the door and locks it, closing it. Seulgi is playing games and dominating everyone. Irene is impressed. But everybody knows that Irene could literally dominate Seulgi. Literally. Irene shakes her head and tries to shake her thoughts off. "Oh, Irene, you're here!" Seulgi exclaims, smiling. Irene chuckles.

No honorifics? But Irene didn't say that aloud because she liked it when Seulgi just says her name. "Seulgi, you want to go somewhere with me?" Irene asked. Seulgi smiles widely and nods. Irene smiles with Seulgi. Her contagious smile is still contagious. Irene tells Seulgi to get dressed and Irene sighs as she she waits outside for Seulgi. After a few minutes, Seulgi walks outside with Irene and Irene holds Seulgi's hand. Seulgi is taken aback but she accepts it. The two girls walk into the darkness and Seulgi has no idea where they're going. But Irene does. She's following her heart's directions. 

And the two girls arrive at a dock. The sun is setting and Irene looks at Seulgi. Seulgi's eyes are sparkling as she gasps softly. "I-Irene... it's beautiful...," Seulgi said. Irene nodded and watched the sun set slowly with Seulgi. Seulgi and Irene sit down at the very edge of the dock with their feet dangling from the dock. Irene holds onto Seulgi's hand and watches the stars appear one by one. Seulgi looks up at the stars and she gasps. "I-It's just like the sight of stars in my dream....," Seulgi whispers. Irene tightens her grip on Seulgi's hand. Seulgi then turns to look at Irene. Irene blinks and tears start rolling down her cheeks.

"Seulgi...... d-do you w-want to be m-my Valentine?" Irene asked, stuttering. Seulgi's eyes widen. She could see Irene shaking. Seulgi looked at Irene and blinked. Irene avoids Seulgi's gaze, worried that Seulgi might reject her. "I......." Seulgi is speechless.

"I don't know if girls liking girls are acceptable....," Seulgi tells Irene. Irene feels like her heart just got thrown away and stampeded by a bunch of Seulgis. Irene doesn't speak and nods. Seulgi doesn't cry and just looks at the stars with Irene clinging onto Seulgi's arm. It was a beautiful sight indeed. A very beautiful sight......


What the . Is that offensive? I'm sorry but like, I feel like this story progressed so fast. But you get the overall story, right? You can understand it, right? Rookie writers are very anxious and concerned about their writing. Now expert authors are more confident than me. I'm not talking about every rookie writer, just me. But if you can relate then... well, I don't know. #relate ? 

I know that there's more to it than Irene and Seulgi but the story is focused on Irene so we don't really get to see Seulgi reuniting with her old friends in this story. But that's a story for another day. 

Sequel?