i. promises

Let’s Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i. promises

He stared with detached eyes at the scenery before him. The same dangling, diamond chandeliers. The same gleaming gold candelabras. The same exquisite paintings hanging on the wall in equally as gorgeous frames. Shining marble floors that screamed elegance. Most would be in awe at the room; inebriated from just these sights... But not Chanyeol.

Nothing excited him any more, nor would anything in the future. Life had been left bleak and colourless... ever since that day-

“Chanyeol, c’mon! You need to eat.” Kai said, cutting through his trance. It was probably for the best, the less time Chanyeol had to think to himself, the less he would fall deeper down his personal pit of despair, and oh how deep he already was.

Gold speckled brown eyes snapped up lazily to where one of his best friends sat in one of the ludicrously priced black leather chairs with a high back and curved arms, all of which circled the large dining room they were in. Between the mans legs was a pretty little girl, dyed blonde hair cascading across her shamelessly exposed body resting across her chest which was hardly covered by the failed excuse of a bra she was wearing. Chanyeol knew that normally Kai would never dare drink from another person other then his mate, but he was desperate to show Chanyeol it was okay to drink from others. The giver bared her neck excitedly for the vampire above her, hands resting upon her folded legs. Thus was the customary position of a Giver. A glance around the room would reveal the same sight with many other vampires in their coven; Givers begging with their eyes to be bit, and eager vampires relaxing in their chairs, staring down at the tantalizing blue veins of the Givers between their legs.

Chanyeol felt no such stirring.

He heard Kai’s soft sigh as Chanyeol turned his eyes away from the girl and looked off at nothing in particular within the candle-lit room. This was how it had been for the near one hundred years; mere repetition and a heavy dose of his friends relentless urgings. Feeding was never pleasureful for Chanyeol, instead it had become a force of habit he endured when he got too weak and his friends began to beg.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter