- Chapter III

With You

 

 

"Tonight it feels like I won't be able to sleep."

 

 

     Park Chanyeol is one of the most popular kids in Hogwarts.

He was well-known for being the Captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team, and for his skills in this sport too. He was one of the Beater permanent post-holder, alongside Wu Yifan, also called Kris, a seventh-year Slytherin. He was also the Prefect of their house. Girls would always run behind them, as they hit above their standards of a perfect boyfriend. They were good-looking, smart, gentle and well-built. Their position in the Quidditch team requires a lot of physical strength, and also good balance. Sometimes, they have to take both of their hands off the broom during a game.

 

Indeed, Chanyeol was an interesting person for the others. He always had good marks, he was kind of flirty with girls. From a famous family, he was a little bit arrogant – but weirdly people like this kind of behaviour. Although the image he gave to the outsiders, Chanyeol was just a boy like another one of his age. It was the people who make him unique without asking something in return, except the fact that he needs to play his role – the role of the most crowd-pleasing boy of the school.

In reality, Chanyeol wasn’t this kind of guy full of artifices. He was straightforward, cultivated, and really close to his family. Their fame was given by his father. He only knew him for seven years; the man, who was a grand Auror of his time, disappeared during one of his mission. Aurore is the most high-risk careers in the Wizard world. It wasn’t a job for everyone. The little boy’s family became smaller after the loss of his father. His mother was still here for him. She was a sweet woman who had a hard time during her period of mourning. She had given up her activities in the research of Potions for Health to take care of her children. At that time, she was pregnant with Chanyeol’s little sister, Yoora. The Park’s second child was currently in her fifth year at Hogwarts.

They had the typical sibling relation. They would always annoy each other, but then, love each other a lot the day after. Park’s mom always makes sure her son and her daughter get along since they didn’t have other kids in the family to play with. Their parents were the only child in their respective family; they didn’t have any uncles or aunts, neither cousins. Chanyeol only knew his father’s side grandparents. His motherly grandparents deceased not long after his mother’s wedding ceremony, due to health problems.

 

Chanyeol’s grandma was a tender and lovely woman, always taking care of him and Yoora. She would always help his mother to educate them. The only male representation the boy had had in his life was his grandpa. They had a privileged relationship. With him, he had learnt a lot of things. The old man taught him all the spells he knew, even the forbidden ones. He also taught him to make his first potion, and how to fly on a broom too. His grandpa was his role, except the fact that he was also an Auror when he was younger. It was the only thing Chanyeol didn’t want to inherit from his grandpa. His older self still has something against this job, and that was undoubtedly due to his father’s disappearance.

The giant wanted to become a professional Quidditch player.

But it seemed like this choice of a future career disturbed a lot the professors who didn’t see Chanyeol playing this sport all his life. He was a very great student, and has all the qualities to do a highly qualified job. Well, like Auror, but the boy wasn’t fond of this idea. Since he really likes Quidditch, he wanted to make it his career. The little Park, in his biggest dreams, see himself raise a prestigious cup of Quidditch in his hands. Even if his passion was evident for everyone, the academic team kept on trying to make him change his mind. So, the boy wasn’t sure of his future after graduating. He still has two years to think about it, even if he felt he will keep the same aim as his younger self.

 

The Slytherin’s tent was pretty calm. All the players were on their own, concentrating before the match. Chanyeol was sitting on the chair near the entrance. Every time someone entered, the noise breaking spell was interrupted, and he could hear the crowd screaming outside. Usually, the players didn’t like to take this seat, because a lot of persons loved to go inside and then go out, making the festivity invited itself inside. But, it’s Chanyeol’s favourite. While the others needed a complete calm to stressed out themselves, the captain is just excited to begin the match. The relaxation time is always too long for the giant, that’s why he likes to stay here, and listen to the students’ encouragements.

Time was running off now, and he left his place. He got up and went to the centre of the tent. He checked all his equipment, and as the team’s captain, he called s. The match wasn’t a decisive one, but the boy acted as it was one and debriefed everyone. Since the beginning of the year, they had trained very hard to turn up their players’ rhythm. Chanyeol always takes his role with a lot of seriousness, and he prepared them. He had also improved their skills with the techniques his grandfather had taught him when he came to visit him during the holidays.

His teammates are now very confident, thank their captain. Since he got the responsibilities of the Quidditch team on his hands after his predecessor, Chanyeol had always led them into victories, and they were very proud to have chosen him as their leader. The giant knew very well the first match of the year is crucial for the rest of the season. It plays a lot on the players’ mindstate, and he needs players with a lot of determination in this kind of tight game. So, they have to win, and Chanyeol will give his best through this match.

 

It was time for them to join the Quidditch pitch. Park Chanyeol on their head, they went out of the tent. As the public saw them, screams and cries became louder for the players. They all looked in the air, and saw everyone standing on the high terraces, acclaiming the team. For them, the Slytherins were the loudest. In synchronisation, all the players got on their broom, and started to fly all around the pitch, waving the students in their high terraces, so they could follow the match without having a neckache.

As the announcers finished to present the team’s members through the speaker, the player went to their strategic position. Chanyeol was still on the ground, with Madam Hooch, the Quidditch Referee. She called the teams’ captain to gather in the middle of the pitch.

 

“Teams’ Captain! Shake hands and let’s begin this first game of the year”, she yells, getting the quaffle ready.

 

The Beater looked up at the Ravenclaw’s captain. She was the only female captain of Hogwarts’ Quidditch team. Her name is Nora Harvatsky, a seventh-year student. Chanyeol was admirative of this girl, because she was a high-skilled player. She even had been spotted by the National Feminine Quidditch team. She was undoubtedly the one who will enter the Quidditch world next year, to train and become a professional player. The boy was a little envious of this girl’s luck.

Furthermore, she was beautiful, with her short black hair, her small face, her big light brown eyes, and her charming smile. Since both are friends, they smiled at each other. They extended their arm to the other so they could shake hands. It seemed like she had whispered something lit “good luck” to Chanyeol, but he didn’t hear it, because he was quickly back on his broom, ready to begins the game.

 

The match begins when Madam Hooch liberates the balls from their coffer. People were getting more excited about this action, because serious things started now.

Thirty minutes of the game had passed by, and the Slytherin team was leading with the advance of twenty points. The trial was still running as the two Seekers didn’t already catch the Golden Snitch. At the same time, Chanyeol and Yifan protected very well the back of their teammates, by keeping away the Bludgers which always try to knock out the players from their broom. With their bats, the two Slytherins bit the jet black ball towards the other team’s players who were protected by their Beaters too, and sent it back to the opposite side. All along, the Beaters played with others, while the Seekers were searching for the small ball flying fast in the air.

 

The speakers announced equality in the score for the two teams. One of the Ravenclaw’s talented Chaser, Oh Sehun, had thrown the Quaffle twice past the Slytherin’s Keeper. Chanyeol yelled to his teammates to not give up, because the match wasn’t over yet. This message encouraged his team to keep up and fight against the other players.

Forty more minutes went by, and the score was very tight: the Ravenclaw’s team had the advance of ten points. All the players were exhausted, but they were still playing. The public saw the match coming at its end when they saw the green and silver Seeker purchasing the Golden Snitch; he was very close to the tiny ball. Chanyeol kept an eye on while protecting the others, sending him all his strength by telepathy. He was also tied, but the Beater had to give his teammates the example, non-stopping flying up and down, moving in rhythm his bat again the massive and heavy black ball. Chanyeol was sending one of those to the adverse Beater when he heard the public screaming.

The boy turned around with his broom and saw his Seeker with the Golden Snitch in his hand, all smiling, arms in the air. The captain couldn’t be happier right now, he laughed and imitated his friend, putting his arms in the air.

 

“Chanyeol be careful!”

 

One of the Bludgers was flying toward him. Fortunately, he succeeded to avoid it, but the second one was also charging, but this time, on his back. The boy didn’t have the time to be aware of it, and he couldn’t escape from its way. The big ball hit him hard by behind, and he felt a sharp pain on his back, and even on his right arm. The pain was so unbearable; he fell off his broom. All this happen so fast, nobody couldn’t catch him during his fall. When all the players came close to him, he already hit the floor, passing out.

 

Baekhyun sneezed as he woke up from his extended nape. He had fallen asleep without covering himself of his warm blankets. The boy was in a weird sleeping position. It gave him a backache, so he decided to lay himself correctly, looking to the ceiling. He was confused. He had dreamt, he already couldn’t remember what it was about. In a sigh, he sat up, and saw the book he lent from the library. It was wide open, on the page he was reading before falling asleep. Baekhyun couldn’t remember what he was reading on this page, so he took the book in his hands, and lay against his pillows. Well, the book’s content is an essay about Soulmates. It was kind of exciting, but not reaching Baekhyun’s expectations… if he had fallen asleep on it.

The boy deleted his thoughts, and he started to reread the passage. It was about the reincarnation of Soulmates, if they passed away. He learnt that sometimes, the two people had packed their eternity promise in a Horcrux, and if they rebirthed, the object would naturally come into their hand, in a way or another.

 

“That’s kind of crazy, but… well, it’s possible”, he thinks.

 

It was the most common way for Soulmates to find each other again, among all these people. These Horcruxes can be in different forms, but they usually use the jewel of jewellery to seal their pact, like in a ring or a bracelet.

 

Baekhyun stopped his reading, and started to think.. He put away the book on his bed, and searched in the drawer of his bedside table for something he had hidden here for years now. After looking into each drawer, he finished finding it. It’s a little box, in black velour. The fabric was very soft in touch, the boy always loves to touch it. He opened it on his blanket. A beautiful necklace with a ring as a pendant was there. He took it off, and stared at it. The jewellery was in an emerald-like colour. Baekhyun didn’t know what the nature of that jewellery was, but he assumes it might be an emerald. He got it from his grandma when he was young. He remembered that every time he had worn it, it would make the Shadows leave the place. As if the necklace was protecting him. But hey didn’t slow themselves since his first year to now, so the boy didn’t feel like he needs it to be around his neck all the time.

What if his collar was some Horcruxe from a precedent life? He always feels it had lived a lot of things. He thinks for a moment. Maybe if he wears it again, it will prevent his enemies from coming back again.