Little Brother

Paper Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was still some time before sunset and Yunhyeong did not know where to go. The thought sounds pitiful enough for him to let out a small chuckle. He did not want to go back to their apartment yet since Jinhwan (the three of them shared an apartment) will most likely be there and he had still had no idea what to say his hyung. He knew he will need to tell him everything since Jinhwan already knew even without Yunhyeong admitting it.

It’s been a while since he would always wonder when this feeling will go away. Yunhyeong hoped that that time will come sooner so everything will be back to normal again.

Yunhyeong sighed and just decided to buy groceries, suddenly wanted to cook. He loves cooking and having to grow up with a family who owns a barbeque restaurant made cooking for him felt like home. It would also help him take his mind off things and let his best friends know that nothing was bothering him. He needed to show he was okay so they would not get worried about him especially in front of Hanbin.

When he arrived at the local supermarket, Yunhyeong made up his mind that he will make Pesto Alla Genovese after scanning famous Italian recipes on the internet. He’s been interested in a lot of Italian dishes nowadays. This will be his first try.

Yunhyeong was rounding up a corner when he saw Junhoe with someone unfamiliar.

“Ya, Junhoe-ya.” He called them out with an easy smile as he approached them.

“Hyung? What are you doing here?” Junhoe looked at Yunhyeong, a quick surprised look went through his face before reverting back to its default sassy face.

“I’m buying stuff for dinner,” Yunhyeong answered with a shrug.

“Shouldn’t you be in practice?” Junhoe asked with a confused look on his face.

“Well, I could ask you the same.”

Junhoe shrugged dismissively diverting his attention in the rows of energy drinks in front of them. He looked like he had forgotten that he is with someone and had no intention of introducing the guy to Yunhyeong. Typical Junhoe being Junhoe.

Yunhyeong looked at unknown guy apologetically. The guy looked out of place and Yunhyeong felt bad for him.

“Junhoe-ya! You’re being rude. Aren’t you going to introduce us?” Yunhyeong hit Junhoe on the shoulder.

“Oww! That hurts.” Junhoe rubbed his shoulder. “You’re starting to be like Hanbin hyung.” He glared at Yunhyeong for a moment before letting an exasperated sigh. “This is my new roommate Chanwoo. I’m showing him around.” Junhoe gestured at Chanwoo.

Yunhyeong now directed his focus to the guy, Chanwoo who still looked a little bit out of place. By how casually Junhoe called Chanwoo, they must be of the same age although Chanwoo, with his plump cheeks and soft jawline, looked younger compared to Junhoe, who has defined the facial feature. The two stood easily towered a couple of inches over Yunhyeong.

“Hi, I’m Song Yunhyeong.”  Yunhyeong introduced himself good-naturedly, extending a hand to Chanwoo. He lip-pointed to Junhoe, “I play basketball with this rude guy.”

Chanwoo tentatively took the handshake offered to him by his roommate’s friend with a slight smile. “Nice to meet you. I’m Jung Chanwoo.”

There was short silence as Yunhyeong stared at Chanwoo who could not help to think if he was supposed to say something more. He was debating what small talk should he start but Yunhyeong beat him to it.

“Hey, we kinda’ look alike.” Yunhyeong pointed back and forth between him and Chanwoo.

Chanwoo let out a chuckle not sure how to respond to the unexpected observation. He somehow agreed though. Chanwoo noticed that they do have similar facial features albeit Yunhyeong’s face was leaner.

Junhoe crossed his arms, looking at the two of them in contemplation. “You kinda do. You two look like brothers.”

Chanwoo relaxed a bit. He was suddenly grateful with Yunhyeong’s appearance since someone can now fill in the awkward gap between him and Junhoe. It’s not that Junhoe did anything worth it to call him a jerk to make Chanwoo regret his decision of moving out. It was just he could not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter