Bestfriend

Paper Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 Bestfriend


“You like him,” Jinhwan announced so suddenly and with so much confidence that Yunhyeong needed to double take. He stared at him, mouth agape like a dumb aquarium fish.

Jinhwan met Yunhyeong's gaze intently. Jinhwan's brown eyes bore into his dull ones searching for something. Yunhyeong's mind reeled, quickly and desperately for some form of excuse. The best way to deny Jihwan's claim was to laugh it off his face and call him being stupid and stop pushing such cliché ideas. But Yunhyeong didn't know why he could not do it now. After all, it’s not the first time that Jinhwan concluded that Yunhyeong and his best friend Hanbin, have some sort of gay relationship. Yunhyeong didn't know why this time was any different.

Maybe it was the conviction and in Jinhwan's eyes and voice that he finally put all the pieces together.

Maybe it was the fact that Jinhwan said that Yunhyeong likes Hanbin, not some crappy claim of them being hot and doing some man-action behind his back.

Or maybe it was the fact that Yunhyeong finally realized that Jinhwan almost got it right. Almost.

“Hyung, are you drunk?” Yunhyeong said confidently as he could muster finally snapping out from the initial shock.

“No. Definitely not.” He looked at him like a grown another eye but the firmness in his eyes is unwavering. “Yunhyeong-ie, I think you like him more than you care to admit.”

“What?” Yunhyeong replied not as eloquently as he wished. Jinhwan's eyes prodded him with much intensity that his mind failed to form any coherent and believable excuse.

“You always take care of him, always getting him out of trouble, always defending him…” Yunhyeong knew he had more to say but he decided to intervene. This was really getting out of hand. This was not how Yunhyeong envisioned his Friday morning to be like.

“Really, hyung?” Yunhyeong looked at him incredulously. “Hanbin’s my best friend. Our best friend. We’ve been since we were in elementary. I think that’s something a best friend would do. Hell, I’d done the same for you.”

“Yet you never give those longing looks…” Jinhwan said quietly.

Of course, he will notice those things. He may be a happy-go-lucky guy but Jinhwan was also observant. Yunhyeong knew it because Jinhwan is also his best friend beside Hanbin. The three of them grew up together. In their group, Jinhwan was like their cool and wise older brother and Hanbin was the genius and stubborn younger brother and Yunhyeong, the old fashioned middle child.

“You know what? Believe all you want but let me tell you…” Yunhyeong exhaled forcing his body and mind to lose all the tension that’s building up. “Hanbin’s just my best friend.”

Yunhyeong was turning away from Jinhwan when he said something that made him falter.

“Then why don’t just say you don’t like him.”

Yunhyeong swore that his heart almost stopped on that moment. Yunhyeong was fortunate that Jinhwan could not see his face because his look will give it all away. Although, Yunhyeong think his reactions gave Jinhwan the answer he was asking for.

Yunhyeong sighed and just ignored him, walking away. Luckily, no one’s around to see the truth in his sad brown eyes.

Lunch came and Yunhyeong tried to push all the thoughts of what happened that morning. He tried to act normal especially in front of Hanbin but Jinhwan make it so hard for him by giving this exploring looks and it’s starting to get through him. Yunhyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter