제 11 장: Instinct

The Fruit of our LOVE

“Oh? Eomma!!!” Hee Ni left the swing and excitedly runs toward her mother, though it take her seconds to realise who’s the young woman approaching towards her because of its disguise but upon seeing her wave and the eyes, Hee Ni knows its her mother.

 

Hani crouched down as she lovingly open her arms and waited for Hee Ni to welcome her by her embrace.

 

“Aigoo, I missed you my baby” Hani said as she hug back her daughter and carried her by her arms.

 

“I missed you too eomma!” Hee Ni widely smiled, you can see how happy she is that she got to see her mom.

 

“Eomma? Why you wearing a mask and a cap?” Hee Ni innocently asked.

 

“You know how famous eomma is, someone could snatch me from you” Hani chuckled as she explained to her daughter in a simple way that Hee Ni could understand.

 

“Oh? I dont want that eomma, youre with me no one should snatch you from me” Hee Ni defended.Hani giggled as she tucked in a little of Hee Ni’s hair into her daughter’s right ear.

 

“How’s school my little one?” Hani genuinely smiled looking her daughter.

 

“I got a star on my hand! Cause teacher said Iam a fast learner! Isnt it amazing eomma?” Hee Ni cheerfully said.

 

“Wahh chareso Hee Ni yah! Eomma is so proud! And with that here’s your reward” Hani widely smiled as she spontaneously giving her daughter some kisses on her cheeks that made the little one giggled.

 

“Eomma! Stop it tickles!” Hee Ni giggled.

 

“Arraso, lets go home, youll get to see your aunties today” Hani cheerfully said.

 

“Jinja?” Hee Ni excitedly replied.Hani smiled behind those mask and nod.As they suppose to head out Hee Ni spoke out for them to stop at the middle of the playground.

 

“Oh eomma, chankaman. I didnt say goodbye to my friend..oh? Where is he?” Hee Ni said as they turned around on where Hee Ni pointed but the person she’s referring too is not there anymore.

 

“Who’s he? Hee Ni yah?” Hani curiously asked.

 

“Its ahjussi! He’s so good eomma, I always saw him helping some stray cats” Hee Ni cheerfully said.Hani thought the child just referring to somewhat a gardener or helper at her school.

 

“Woah so he loves cats?” Hani chuckled, as this made her remembered a certain person who really love cats whom she misses so much.

 

“Ne eomma, like I do! But I felt sad I didnt tend to say goodbye” Hee Ni pouted.

 

“Its okay Hee Ni yah, Maybe ahjussi was in a hurry, dont worry I bet youll see each other again” Hani smiled consoling her daughter.Hee Ni nod in reply.

 

“Now come on, your aunt Hyerin cooked seaweed soup, the moment she knew that Ill bring you home” Hani said as they walk towards where she park the car.

 

“Yay!” Hee Ni said as she rested her chin on her mother’s shoulder as the child keep staring to the swing slowly that theyre getting far away, she hopes that her friend ahjussi was just hiding somewhere and if he could pop out she could wave him goodbye but unfortunately it doesnt.

 

 

 

“Where have you been hyung?” Siwon asked as he’s watching television with Siwon, Ryewook and Leeteuk.

 

“Oh just walking around” Heechul smiled before he could go upstairs he suddenly asked something to the members.

 

“You guys have schedule right?” Heechul asked.

 

“Well manager just want us to show up there its just a little meeting” Leetuek said the younger ones nod.

 

“Hyung?” Ryewook said.

 

“Oh?” Heechul replied.

 

“You wanna ask something?, its not normal to us that you ask us about the schedule I bet there is you wanna ask” Ryewook chuckled.

 

“Hahaha I bet its a woman again” Siwon giggled.

 

“You should let it out from your chest Heechul” Leetuek giggled.

 

“Eyy eyy said from the guy who have just recently quarrelled with his lover who is—“ before Ryewook could continue Leeteuk smack off his head and chasing each other around the living, Heechul just shook his head laughing and decided to go upstairs but Siwon stop him again.

 

“Hey hey stop it you guys” Siwon scolded the elder members.

 

“Come on hyung what is it?” Siwon asked, he just hated seeing his hyung like that, but seriously its not something serious that Heechul wanna ask.Heechul went downstairs and signal them to come closer as he showed something.

 

“Whats with the keychain?” Leetuek curiously asked.

 

“You think the name at the back of this was the name of the owner?” Heechul asked.

 

“What kind of question is that? If you have one member who really love to engrave his name on his things” Ryewook giggled referring to Siwon.

 

“Hey dont be a judger maknae we have different hobbies” Siwon defended.

 

“Arraso arraso” Ryewook chuckled.

 

“Of course, its probably the owner’s name” Leetuek chuckled.

 

“Can I see? Ryewook said as he flip the keychain and red the name engrave on it.

 

“Hee Ni?” Ryewook said, this throw confuse look to the older members.

 

“Woah woah dont tell me its the name of new lover huh?” Siwon teased.

 

“That was fast hyung” Ryewook giggled from the thought Heechul could possibly moving on.

 

“Wha—“ before Heechul continued, he was intterupted by Siwon.

 

“Eyy eyy sungmal” Leetuek reacted.

 

“Your ideal type changes hyung”Siwon laughed and the rest giggled.

 

“Yah! Chankaman let me speak first!” Heechul halfy shouted, this made the other members startled.

 

“Mian mian please continue hehe” Siwon nervously laughed.

 

“It is not like that, what do u think of me huh? Ayst jinja, its from a little girl at the playground I think she fell this” Heechul explained.The three just laughed its just something they cant believe in.

 

“Oh your serious?” Siwon said as they straighten their face in holding their laugh.

 

“And why are you there?” Ryewook curiously asked.

 

“Sungmal dont tell me” Leetuek reacted.

 

“You have a secret daughter dont you??!! Ryewook exaggerated these left the member in gasped waiting for Heechul to answer.

 

“Pabo! Yah is that all you could think of Ryewook?” Siwon laughing out loud.

 

“Mwo?! Is that what you got in watching kdramas lately? ayst jinja” Heechul chuckled in disbelief and decided to went upstairs sometimes he found it funny that s talking some nonsense things.

 

“Yah hyung! Chankaman arraso we’ll be serious!” Siwon holding his laugh and decided to hear out the older one but Heechul just straight upstairs.

 

 

 

Its already pass 3:00 in the afternoon and its time for EXID’s vlive.

 

“Everyone before we begin, we have some activities we wanted to add in your vlive” the producer announces.

 

“Woah omo what is it pdnim? So excited!” 

Solji exclaimed.

 

“Each members can invite one or two guests to be in your vlive, you can text or inform them now” the producer smiled.

 

“Daebak! Yay I have something on my mind now” Junghwa giggled as she pulled out her phone and went outside for a phonecall.

 

“Make sure you can reach them out today” the producer smiled and get back to her work in preparing everything for the said vlive of exid.

 

“Ne!!” the members cheerfully replied as they excitedly pulled out their handphones and individually busied themselves in contacting to the person they wanted to come but here is Hani thinking in the otherside of the dressing room whom she will call out to but there is only one person comes out in her mind.

 

As she pulled out her phone from her purse just like the others she begins to send the person a text message, few minutes passed she waited for a reply, its a reply that she didn’t expect for, all she thought the person will decline her favor because its someone she knew that hated things like this, but her heart flutter and this eventually made her genuinely smiled upon reading the reply.

 

“I can even cross the Jordan river if you call me”

 

“Yah unnie why are you smiling like crazy?” Hyerin noticed decided to asked the older one.Hani just smiled stood up and decided to sit at the chair near the mirror.

 

“Heechul sunbaenim will come? Does he?” Hyerin smirked.

 

“How do you know?” Hani was startled.

 

“You have that smile of yours that exclusively for him young lady” Hyerin whispered and giggled, before Hani could speak up one staff called them.

 

“The guests are arriving! We’ll be starting in a few!” the staff reminded.

 

“Ne! Algisimnida!” the members excitedly replied.

 

“Eomma? Can I use the comfort room?” Hee Ni whispered to her mother.

 

“Of course sweetie, Ill open it for you” Hani smiled as she open the door of the comfort room as she help her daughter in the sitting the toilet bowl, the bowl is to high.As soon as Heeni’s done she went back in playing her dolls.

 

“Oppa, can you watch her and keep an eye on her while we’re doing the vlive” Hani smiled telling her manager to watch Hee Ni for her, aside from the members she also trusted her manager to Hee Ni he was there from the very beginning of her career, he was also a family to her.

 

“Of course” her manager smiled.

 

“Gumawo oppa, I owe you one” Hani gratefully smiled.

 

“Its nothing Haniya, Hee Ni is someone will make you laugh when your with her” her manager smiled.

 

“Ahjussi! Dont remove the head of the doll” Hee Ni giggled.

 

“Oh mianhe” the manager laughed and just play along with Hee Ni.

 

“Hee Ni ya please be good to managernim okay?” Hani whispered to Hee Ni and reminded her daughter before they head out.

 

“Ne eomma, fighting! Imo dul! Fighting!” Hee Ni cheering up her mother and her aunties.

 

“Awe gumawo Hee Ni ya!” the other members replied as Hani kisses her daughter’s forehead then she head out the dressing room with the members.

 

The girls already settled for the vlive at the main set, where cameras are everywhere and mc’s are already present.

 

“Unnie Iam nervous” Hani whispered to Solji beside her.

 

“Dont be nervous it will be fine we have each other” Solji whispered back cheering up Hani.

 

“Its not that, its the first time I brought Hee Ni at work someone could see her from the dressing room” Hani worriedly said.

 

“Dont worry , oppa is good at handling kids, he wont let Hee Ni out of his sight and besides if someone could see her oppa is good at making excuses” Solji smiled comforting the younger one.Hani smiled and nod.

 

“Okay we will begin now on cue Exid” one staff said as Exid went on in their places and start introducing theirselves infront of the camera.

 

The show went well but one scene really made the whole team felt special that is upon Heechul’s arrival, they didnt expect a sunbae from the industry will come to their vlive broadcast, along the broadcast it was too sweet that Hani shared the story on how Heechul ended being there in the broadcast.He’s love and friendship to Hani was so special, something special that mostly people could question about their relationship status, even Heechul do have many female friends Hani was different she is something special for him as on what he said in every interviews he had.

 

 

 

“Oppa! Gumawo” Hani gratefully said as she unconsciously hugged Heechul, she was just too happy that the vlive was a success.Heechul was startled and this eventually smiled him from behind as he hugged back Hani.

 

“Well, Aside that I came for you, its boring at home you know” Heechul said. Hani smiled.

 

“Aheem” LE teasefully coughed in getting their attention.The other members giggled from behind.

 

“Anneyeonghaseyo sunbaenim” the other four members greeted.

 

“Oh anneyonghaseyo” Heechul cheerfully greeted back.

 

“Can we borrow Hani for a minute?” Solji said.

 

“Oh Ne Ne” Heechul smiled.

 

“Ill be back oppa” Hani smiled and wave goodbye for the meantime,Heechul wave back.

 

 

“Wah now we know that’s the text message” Solji giggled.

 

“Ahh thats why youre smiling like crazy a while ago” Hyerin teasingly said.

 

“She will definitely put it on a frame” LE teasingly said as she’s referring that Hani could laminate the text message ,looking her now she’s definitely will not getting over it.

 

“I can even cross the jordan river if you call” Jung Hwa said in her deep voice trying to copy Heechul on how he said it.

 

“Yah! Its not like that, Iam just grateful he came” Hani smiled.

 

“Ne ne arraso” the members giggled in reply.As Hani opened the dressing room’s door, she suppose to greet her daughter.

 

“Hee Ni yah we’re—-“ Hani stop from the middle of her sentence as she couldnt sight her daughter inside the dressing room.

 

“Oppa! Where is Hee Ni?” Hani trying to wake up her manager, currently fell asleep in the couch, probably his energy went out in playing and watching the child, Hee Ni’s energy is something you cant beat.

 

“Mwo? But she was here—“ Exid manager immediately woke up and sat up from the couch.

 

“We need to find her before anyone can see her” LE worriedly said.

 

“The building was huge” Solji said.

 

“Lets spread out, it could be easier for us to find her” Hani said in panic.The team nods in approval as they head separate ways along the lobby of the broadcasting station. 

 

 

“Where is the comfort room?” Hee Ni asking to herself, the child tend to find another comfort room that the toilet will be in her reach, she dont want to disturb her mother in working just she wanted need to be help in the comfort room at Exid’s dressing room.

 

As the little girl roam around the lobby looking up in left and right in every doors that she passes by looking for a comfort room sign, she suddenly bumped into someone.

 

“Ow” Hee Ni reacted as rubbing her forehead from the pain she felt from bumping.

 

“Omo mianhe mianhe are you okay little girl?” As the person infront her crouch down at her level, as Hee Ni looked up to the person.

 

“Oh? Heechul Ahjussi!” Hee Ni hugged the person infront of her as soon she realise she’s familiar to him.

 

“Oh? Hee Ni?” Heechul smiled and hugged back.

 

“You knew my name ahjussi?” the child curiously asked.Heechul let out something from his pocket and showed it to the little girl.

 

“Is this yours? Isnt it?” Heechul smiled.

 

“Oh my cat keychain! You found it ahjussi! I thought I lost it! Kamsahmnida!” Hee Ni gratefully said.

 

“Awee your always welcome” Heechul found the little girl cute on how comfortable she already is with him.

 

“What are you doing here? Are you alone again little one?” Heechul curiously asked he always wonder himself why he would always bumped to this little girl these days isnt the world too small.If her mother works at the carnival she also works in here? He can really tell how much her mother loves her, Heechul thought.

 

“Ne, I think Iam lost ahjussi but I need to pee” Hee Ni said as she early  wanted to go to the comfort room.

 

“Ahm the comfort room is here Hee Ni yah” Heechul giggled to the child’s reaction realising that the comfort room was on her left side all this time. 

 

“You go pee first, then after Ill take you to where your mother is” Heechul said.

 

“Ne” Hee Ni replied as she rushingly went inside the comfort room.

After a few seconds Hee Ni went out from the comfort room.

 

“You done?” Heechul asked.

 

“Ne” Hee Ni smiled and replied.

 

“Come on Ill take you to where your mother is you know where is she?” Heechul crouched down and carried the child by his arms.

 

“Ahmm I think you called it a dressing room ahjussi, I heard people called it” Hee Ni replied.

 

“Arraso, the problem is there are a lot of dressing rooms in here” Heechul chuckled.

 

“But ahjussi I dont wanna go back there its boring” Hee Ni whined.

 

“But your mother could be worried by now” Heechul said.

 

“Can we go outside ahjussi please just a minute I wanted to go to that garden, I wanna go see the flowers”Hee Ni said as she pointed outside where you can overlooked the garden outside the broadcasting station.

 

“Arraso just for 10 minutes then we’ll headback” Heechul said giving up, well Hee Ni’s charm something you can never resist.The little girl cheered in happiness.

 

Hee Ni let go from Heechul’s grip and excitedly run towards the garden as she happily pulled out her disposable camera she always have it, as the little girl love to take photos just like her mother.Heechul cant help himself but to smile on how happy Hee Ni is.

 

“Ahjussi Iam sleepy, carry” Hee Ni rubbed her eyes upon looking up to Heechul as she open her arms motioning that she wanted to be carried.

 

“Arraso, Aigoo you can sleep Hee Ni yah” Heechul chuckled as he carried Hee Ni, he  decided to make the little girl fall asleep on his arms before they will head back in, they stayed for a while under a big tree.

 

Minutes have passed its already 5pm in the afternoon, Hee Ni fell asleep as long as Heechul wanted to stay under the tree for fresh air he needs to be back to return this little girl he’s holding to her mother.

 

“Well, Ill probably knocking the doors of each dressing rooms” Heechul sighed and went back in.

 

 

As soon as they walked along the lobby Heechul spotted Hani on their way as if looking for someone or something.

 

“Oh? Makdonga!!” Heechul wave from a far, he was startled when Hani run towards where he is and suddenly embrace him when Hee Ni is in between.

 

“You scared me to death!” Hani worriedly said as she was slightly sobbing and kisses the forehead of the sleeping Hee Ni.

 

Heechul was stunned on his place, at first he was confused why Hani did embrace him but as soon he realise whom she referring to with her action and the words she said, these made his heartbeat went fast, as he unconsciously hugged back Hani, all he ever think of was the blue green hair he saw last time in the playground with Hee Ni, he wanted to think that its just all of the coincidence that she do have same hair color as Hani but it made him also thinks that who’s the young lady he saw with Hee Ni last time at the carnival.Too many questions he had on his head right now, but one thing he cant remove on his head right now he’s instinct couldn’t be true, Ryewook’s joke earlier about having a secret daughter shouldn’t be true.