Final

Oh my! What a delicious looking snack!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Being a magical girl sounds tough…” mumbled Seulgi as she munched on yet another pocky stick, eyes never leaving the generously sized flat screen TV in front of her. It was chocolate; her favorite out of the many flavors the snack came in. (But the strawberry, crunchy chocolate almond, and cookies and cream flavors all came in a close second.)

It was no secret that the bear loved to eat. Everyone in the world knew about it. The girl could scarf down food that could feed up to three people and still have enough room for dessert. It was a skill that even the mightiest of competitive eaters would have been envious of.

Seulgi would have done the sport herself if she could, but competitive eating wasn’t viewed as the sort of “proper” activity for an idol like her to partake in. She asked her manager a few months back if she could try out for a team because it looked fun and was immediately scolded for even asking.

Oh well. It was worth a shot. At least she could take her time to savor all the finest foods and snacks the world had to offer. Trying to cram as much food into your mouth as you could in a minute didn't really allow one to actually taste and savor the food. Plus with her luck, she’d probably choke on a hot dog bun or something. 

But food wasn’t the only love of her life even though she loved it with every fiber of her being. 

Art was her other passion. It was something that Seulgi had always done growing up. Most probably thought that she always drew in her free time, and to some extent it was true. However on this particular Sunday, she felt like doing absolutely nothing except being a couch potato.

The girl was sprawled out on the couch in the living room, watching anime and enjoying her second favorite snack in the whole world (Pringles was in first place but she didn’t have any at the moment so she had to improvise.) Instead of wearing some fancy, expensive, name brand outfit that her stylists usually picked out for her whenever the group had a schedule, she was dressed more comfortably. The bear sported an oversized baby blue t-shirt that stopped just above her knees. On the center of the shirt was a picture of a sleeping polar bear hugging a tiny snowman. It had matching pajama bottoms, but Seulgi wasn't wearing them.

That was when you could tell Seulgi was really relaxed; when she wasn't wearing any pants.

There was no reason for her to subject herself to being confined to the annoyance known as pants when she was in the safety and comfort of her own home. Her legs deserved to be , wild, and free from the constraints and restrictions that society, and her company, imposed on her. After all, who wants to wear pants when they don’t have to?

One would have thought she would have been embarrassed to be lying around the dorm without any pants, but not Seulgi. Even if someone walked into the room and saw her bare legs (and possibly even underwear if they happened to look that closely for whatever reason) it wouldn’t have mattered. They were all girls who had seen each other , or close to it, a million times throughout the numerous years they’ve lived together. The week before, she accidentally walked in on Joy showering because she forgot her phone charger in the bathroom and it wasn’t a big deal. 

“Who’s there?” Joy asked from behind the shower door, her figure masked by the eggplant colored shower curtain that Irene insisted needed to be there for some reason. “Yeri that better not be you because if you throw cold water on me again like last time, I swear I’m going to choke slam—”

“Just me. Forgot my charger.” Seulgi explained, making sure she talked loud enough for Joy to hear her over the noise from the showerhead spurting out water. “Don’t worry. I’ll be out soon.”

“Oh unnie if you wanted to shower with me, all you had to do was ask,” she cooed, pulling back the shower curtain and wiggling her eyesbrows suggestively. If anyone else was at the receiving end of Joy’s flirtations, they would have instantly died of a heart attack.

But this was Seulgi. She was used to Joy’s antics.

Seulgi couldn't help but snort in response as she shook her head no. “Sorry I showered already but thanks for the offer.”

“Awwwww,” Joy pouted. “Well if you change your mind, you know where to find me.” She winked as she pulled the curtain back over the shower and started singing a tune while cleaning herself.

Seulgi laughed at the memory. Joy was too much sometimes.

A loud gasp from the show brought her attention back from memory lane to the TV. 

She was killing two birds with one stone. Not only was she essentially testing herself on how much Japanese she remembered by watching the episodes without any subtitles, she was catching up on a series she started months ago but couldn’t watch because the group was so busy with promotions. It was a reboot of a classic magical girl anime she had watched growing up except without the numerous filler episodes. The most Seulgi could do was maybe watch one episode every other week if she was lucky enough to have any energy at all at the end of the day after having a million different schedules. The life of an idol didn’t give her a lot of time to sleep, much less any free time at all.

Now that their promotion cycle was over, Seulgi was free to do what she wanted. She could play video games, sleep, travel, and do whatever else she wanted to do to her heart’s content. So she decided to indulge herself in an anime binge marathon.

Little did the unsuspecting bear know that there was a certain short haired devil watching her from the hallway with sharp eyes, trying to determine the perfect time to strike.

Yeri bit her thumb in frustration as she watched Seulgi reach into the box again and put another perfectly crafted biscuit stick into . She could feel her own mouth begin to water as she watched the older girl hum in content while chewing the snack that she oh desperately wanted.

The younger girl had been eyeing that box of pocky for a while. Her own stash dried out a few days prior thanks to her stupid greedy roommate who claimed to have only ate “a handful” but ended up devouring the entire box instead. Joy claimed she’d replace the box, but it’s been fifty hours and sixteen minutes since the maknae last tasted that sweet, delectable piece of heaven and the girl still didn’t replace her snack despite going outside of the dorm multiple times doing god know’s what. Was she meeting up with a secret lover? Adopting dogs from local shelters and taking care of them at some personal dog sanctuary? Coming up with ways to take over the world? Yeri had no idea. What she did know was that Joy was going to pay up one way or another. Yeri wasn’t sure exactly how or when it would happen, but she knew that she was going to make it happen.

But Yeri couldn’t wait until she somehow managed to squeeze some cash of her fellow Satanic sister. The poor girl needed her pocky fix pronto or else she’d go crazy. If she waited any longer, who knows what she’d do. 

Despite being deprived of the treat for so long, just thinking about it made her heart warm. She could already taste that sweet, little, crunchy biscuit of deliciousness, the flavor of strawberry on her tongue....

She wanted it. Badly.

And Kim Yerim gets what she wants. No matter what.

It wasn’t like Yeri was strapped for money or anything. She was far from being broke and could have easily bought a thousand boxes of pocky if she really wanted to. Yeri just didn’t have the chance to go to the store yet. That was all. She didn’t have her driver’s license nor did any of the other members so her options were limited to: walking, calling her manager and attempting to persuade him to drive her to the store (which honestly would be nothing more than a waste of time and air), or dying of starvation.

In other words, she was screwed.

Public transportation was out of the question. There was no way she was going to risk being mobbed by paparazzi and have them follow her all the way to the store, taking pictures of her from multiple awkward angles and barking questions at her about what she was doing, if she was meeting someone, what she thought about some male idol who she never even talked to before in her life (not that she even liked men in the first place but the media didn’t need to know about that.) Just thinking about that potentially happening made her feel exhausted and she didn’t even do much that day besides lie around in bed.

Yeri supposed she could have used a ride sharing service and paid someone to drive her, but that cost money. Why do that when she could get some for her favorite price in the whole world: free?

Seulgi would’ve easily gave Yeri some if she just asked. She was just that type of person; always willing to share what she had with others. That was just one of the many traits that Yeri loved about the older girl. Such generosity was hard to come by in the world, especially in their line of work were greed and deception walked hand in hand.

But where was the fun in just asking if she could have some pocky when Yeri could just simply take the whole box? Not out of malice of course. Yeri wasn’t evil. She just loved messing with people, especially Seulgi.

Seulgi always gave the best reactions.

The maknae peeked from the hallway again and saw that the bear was enthralled by the flashing images of magical girls fighting against the forces of evil. If Yeri wasn’t so focused on fulfilling her craving, she would’ve joined in watching the anime. She loved Sailor Moon. In fact, Yeri loved the warrior of love and justice so much that she even dressed up as her for Halloween three times: one for each different look she had throughout the seasons.

Yeri shook her head, snapping out of the trancelike state she was in after watching the television for a few moments. She didn’t have time to bask in nostalgia; she was on a mission. It wasn’t like she could wave a wand, chant an incantation, and make the snack fly into (even though that would have been cool but reality just had to be full of disappointments.)

The girl took a deep breath and steeled herself for the mission ahead. It probably wasn’t going to be easy, but she was going to do it even if she died trying. She couldn’t think of how she could die while attempting to take the pocky away from Seulgi, but if watching a certain show on TV that talked about all the weird and stupid ways people died in different parts of the world taught her anything, it was that anything was possible.

Let’s do this.

The younger girl tiptoed towards the couch, taking care not to make any noise that could potentially blow her cover and ruin the whole operation. But from the way Seulgi’s eyes were glued onto the TV, Yeri figured she was safe.

She took another step forward and a harsh crinkling noise reverberated throughout the room. Yeri cursed under her breath as she looked at what she stepped on and saw the culprit. It was an empty bag of potato chips. Where the bag came from and why it wasn’t thrown away (especially when Irene was a stickler about cleanliness) was beyond her, but she stood still, gauging to see if Seulgi was alerted by the noise or not.

The bear didn’t move or make any indication that she heard anything. At least from what Yeri could see. She just continued staring at the screen while eating more of the snack.

Yeri let out a sigh of relief, thanking her lucky stars. Once Seulgi got invested in a show, that was it. She focused all of her attention on it. At least until she got hungry. Thankfully she had a snack nearby to keep her even more occupied than she already was. If it wasn’t for those key things, she probably would’ve looked around and noticed Yeri right away.

The maknae just hoped that by the time she got closer to her goal that there would still be some pocky left in the box. Her poor little heart couldn’t handle any more pain than what she already went through recently.

She needed to hurry up. The longer she waited, the chances of there not being any pocky left for her increased. She didn’t want to check into heartbreak hotel again so soon. A girl could only go through so much heartbreak in such a short span of time.

The sneaky girl lifted her leg and carefully removed the bag from her foot before placing it behind her gently so that it wouldn't make any more noise. She continued creeping towards Seulgi, stopping when she made it to the back of the couch. Carefully peeking over, Yeri took time to examine the situation.

Seulgi’s attention was still on the TV. That was a good sign. 

But there was one teensy, weensy problem. Okay it wasn’t really a teensy, weensy problem. If Yeri was completely honest, it was a big problem.

The box of pocky was in a very risky location. No it wasn't on Seulgi's chest even though that would have fell into the category of risky locations. It was on her stomach. Her strong and firm stomach that had abs sculpted from the gods themselves, hidden by the oversized t-shirt she was wearing.

Out of all the places for it to be, it just had to be there.

How was Yeri supposed to get it without drawing attention to herself? It wasn’t like she could get it by throwing the line of a fishing rod and reeling it towards her like what numerous characters in those old school cartoons from her grandparents' era did. 

But maybe it was so ridiculous that it could actually...work?

The maknae shook her head at the thought. She didn’t even own a fishing ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter