Fin.

The Masked Stuntman

They were known as faceless heroes from action choreographed sequences that made you love the movie you're watching 100 times better.

Movie Stuntmen job had always been pretty tough but those who choose it love what they do. Who would force someone to jump off rooftops or fall off a cliff if they don't like it!?

Minho had attended stunt school at early age, he was highly trained, that's why everyone considered him as one of the best stuntmen in the industry. Directors fighting over him to do their action sequences and he was paid good too. Everyone was envious of his ripped body, Tall figure and high intelligence.

All those things were what made Minho believe he'd be the one to win the competition of doing one of the greatest actors stunt sequence.

But all his thoughts were ruined when a very new small stuntman showed up at their training plot and won the competition so easily that it seemed like as if he was made to do the job.

"Did you see the new kid?!He's so small! I wonder how did he manage to have such a technique!" one of his friends said once, making Minho's blood boil.

Minho was furious.

He believed he had to be the one doing the act. The new kid didn't deserve what was supposed to be his.

He was nowhere near where Minho was and yet he managed to steal a spot Minho believed was his, a very shining spot at that too.

But to Minho's sorrow, the new stuntman did the job and it turned out awesome too which made so many directors and producers complimenting him for his skills  and congratulating him on his success.

Since then, Minho had his eyes on the new stuntman.

He'd learnt that his name was Taemin. He actually wasn't that small to begin with but to compare with Minho and the rest of them he looked indeed small.

He was slender and slim and didn't have that much muscle and it made Minho believe that what caused his win wasn't his power but his technique and intelligence!

He was hardworking and serious as Minho had seen and Minho thought maybe he didn't hate him for winning the competition. Envious, Yes.  But he soon found out that he didn't hate him.

 But there was something off about him.

He wore a mask that covered all his face totally, his slightly long blond silky hair was the only visible thing from his head.

And the fact that he never spoke.

At first everyone thought he was mute but when one of their trainers called out for Taemin and they went for a talk it was confirmed that Taemin wasn't mute.

He either didn't like to talk to them or didn't like talking at all.

 

____________________________________

 

It was early in the morning when Minho entered the gym to do his daily work out.

He thought he was the first one to arrive since it was too early but when he spotted another small figure doing leg workouts- or trying to do, he changed his mind.

Taemin was oblivious to Minho's presence. He was struggling to get the squat machine to work but it seemed to be stuck.

 Minho hesitated for a while, not sure if he should middle in and help the smaller guy but at the end stepped in with a sigh.  He reached his hand to fix the machine causing Taemin to back away in shock.

"Good morning" Minho greeted with a small smile.

"Morning" Taemin greeted back right away but in a very smaller voice. His voice was smooth and calm, Minho noticed.

"What are you doing here so early in the morning ?!" Minho asked, trying to keep up with the conversation.

"Working out" Taemin answered shortly looking at Minho in a way like it was too obvious to ask.

The he grabbed his small tower from Minho's beside and got back to work.

His hands are small too, Minho wondered, chuckling a bit while earning a glare from Taemin's eyes that was hid behind his black and golden mask.

Minho didn't want to just leave Taemin. It seemed like a once-in a life time-chance he had just got.

"Why do you always wear a mask?" Minho asked out of blue, refusing to leave Taemin's side.

Taemin paused for a second. He looked straight at Minho with a mixture of anger and frustration before uttering a short and insecure "Personal reasons"

"What reasons? Do you think you're ugly? Don't you have self-confidence?" Minho asked again, suddenly sounding like a total jerk to Taemin.

Taemin froze. His body stiff, eyes glued to Minho's, this time emotionless.

A couple of seconds passed like that and Minho was starting to regret his absolutely bull attitude but then Taemin spoke up.

"Mind your own damn business"

Minho was left amused.

 

___________________________________

 

 

After the incident Minho tried to talk to Taemin every now and then. Making Taemin believe that he deeply regretted what he'd done but all Taemin did was to  avoid and ignore Minho. He'd change his path if they were about to cross each other or Taemin would give him deadly glares if they were standing far from each other.

Meanwhile Minho deeply regretted what he had said to Taemin and wanted to make it up to the smaller boy knowing pretty well he had hurt his feelings, although unintentionally.

He still had his eyes fixed on Taemin and it made him realize things he had not realized before.

Taemin looked tough and emotionless but he was super kind at heart. He'd help others with little things and he'd answer their questions about his techniques patiently. He'd give his line to another guy for showering and he'd smile at random people every now and then, eventhough no one had seen his lips before, they knew  he was smiling when his eyes turned into cute thin lines.

Minho was happy Taemin was opening up to others a little more now and looked more cheerful than before. However he still wore his mask and looked insecure time to time.

Minho soon found out he had strange feelings toward Taemin.

Strange and dangerous.

He felt like Taemin was a big mystery he was supposed to solve, a gem he wanted to treasure.

He just didn't know how.

But what Minho had never noticed was that he had eyes on himself too.

A certain person had been watching him and secretly admiring his tall figure, his kindness, his intelligence and his hard work too!

A certain Lee Taemin!

 

______________________________________

 

It was one evening and Minho had spent almost all day training wire works.

The wire works were tough and breathtaking, everyone tried to ditch that part of training and left Minho to train alone.

When he felt like he had no more energy left in his body, he quit training, heading to the showers straight to freshen up and head home.

Weird thing was that when Minho thought he was alone, there was another person in the shower, Minho knew by the sound of running water and a very soft humming voice.

He knew that voice! The soothing beautiful voice that haunted him every night before sleeping.

His heart suddenly speed up beating, his throat dry and his eyes widened.

If Taemin was in there, It meant that he'd come out... maskless.

He would take a shower with a mask on, would he!?

Minho's heartbeat quickened even with the thought of finally seeing Taemin's face.

What would he look like? Was he blind by one eye? Was his skin full of wrinkles? Did he have some birthmarks on his face that he was embarrassed of? Minho didn't know.

He just wanted to stand there like a statue until Taemin gets out of shower.

Seconds felt like hours and minutes felt like days to Minho. He wished he could just burst into the shower and grab Taemin's head in his hands and stare at his face until his curiosity was relieved.

When the shower door cracked open Minho felt his heart stop beating.

It was opening so slowly that seemed impossible to Minho but it finally was opened,finally.

Taemin stood right before his eyes, Soaked wet, water drops dripping off his half body.

Minho's eyes was set on his face, widened as if he'd just seen a ghost- or an angel.

Taemin wasn't anything better either himself.

Both standing infront of each-other with widened eyes and beating hearts.

Minho couldn't believe his own eyes. Was he seeing things? Was he hallucinating because he'd been thinking of Taemin's face a lot lately?!

This couldn't be Taemin!

This angel-looking human couldn't be Taemin!!

But that blond hair, that slender well-built body belonged to no one other than Taemin himself.

"Wha-what?" He couldn't control his shocked expression when he said that.

Minho's shocked voice caused Taemin to stop dozing off. He quickly went to grab his mask from the counter but a pair of big hands stopped him by grabbing his wrists.

"Don't...Don't wear them, please!" Minho almost pleaded, wanting to see more of this beautiful creature in front of him.

He was...gorgeous!

Minho had never seen someone so beautiful before.

Eyes a pretty light brown, Pale skin, pretty plump pink lips, High cheekbones. with some rosy color on his cheeks due to the hot shower.

Totally an angel!

"Why?" it was all Minho could say upon seeing that angel-like face.

"Let me go!" Taemin said behind his teeth, Jaw clenched. He tried to get out of Minho's hard grip but it only made Minho keep him tighter.

"Taemin..." Minho let go off Taemin's wrists and grabbed both of his arms instead, bringing him closer to himself. "Tell me why would you hide that face!? You're...you're beautiful!!" he couldn't help but to confess it. Genuine words that left his mouth unthinkable but also undeniable. He felt like Taemin didn't know how beautiful he was!

At this point, Taemin started to shake and tremble a little.

He stopped trying to get out of Minho's grasp and stood there motionless, eyes fixed somewhere on Minho's  collar or neck.

"I've been-" he started out of nowhere. "I've been told that my face wasn't...suitable for... being a stuntman" he whispered that last sentence, making Minho doubt if he'd heard right.

He looked at Taemin closely, taking in his every single features. There was nothing other than beauty on his face.

"What do you mean by 'suitable'?"

Taemin shook his head, looking at anywhere but Minho's eyes.

"They said I was too pretty and delicate to do stunt" he finally said. Rolling eyes at his own sentences, voice poisnous.

Minho was caught off guard for a second but then he smiled. He placed his palm on Taemin's left cheek and whispered "They were right though...on the first part of course! You're too pretty and delicate" Taemin glared at him but when he saw Minho's soft smile his expression changed, unable to take his eyes off Minho's.

"But too pretty and delicate for a stuntman!? I don't think so!" Minho said, Taemin's cheek a little.

"You're so smart and your techniques are so good! You even won the competition  over someone who've been training almost all his life making him look like a total " He added mentioning himself while sighing dramatically.

It made Taemin chuckle and Minho wanted to just die to hear it again.

When Taemin saw how Minho was staring at him with that creepy smile on his face-creepy but cute, he mentioned mentally- he pulled himself together causing Minho's smile to widen even more.

He cupped Taemin's face with both of his hands and got closer to Taemin.

"Let me show you just how beautiful you are!" He whispered. As soon as Taemin's eyes closed he put his trembling lips on Taemin's soft ones, taking in the heavenly taste they had.

Taemin shivered slightly but he brought his arms up to circle around Minho's neck.

tip-toeing to reach Minho's height that made his soon-to-be-boyfriend chuckle.

They parted when their lungs started to beg for oxygen. Both of their cheeks a beautiful shade of pink while they laced their fingers together.

"Do you...want to grab some dinner? after I take a quick shower..." Minho asked, a little insecure and scared of being rejected.

Taemin nodded shyly and Minho felt like the happiest man alive.

15 minutes later both guys got out of shower with their lips smiling and their eyes shining.

They were unaware of something they left in the shower. A mask!