Chapter

Fuzzy Blue Lights

“Baekhyun confidently told me you have a cat?” Jongin suddenly blurted out as he took the seat beside Chanyeol. 

Slightly confused Chanyeol replied “Well I don’t” 

“Yah I know but your boyfriend doesn’t, weird” Jongin furrowed his eyebrow. That was not a good sign. 

“Ohh..I told him about my dog...he is a little forgetful you know...”

So when Chanyeol had patiently tried to teach Baekhyun about these important details he had actually fallen asleep midway of the conversation, it was kinda cute how Baekhyun made noises in his sleep but right now he really wished that other had paid some attention. 

“Why do I have feeling that your relationship is very fishy?” Jongin taunted narrowing his eyes.

Chanyeol’s eyes bulged out in surprise, he knew his best friend didn’t really buy his story.

“Why would you say that?” Chanyeol asked innocently.

“Look at him sitting with Jongdae they seem to be more like a couple then when he is with you” Jongin shrugged.

So maybe they lacked a bit of chemistry. 

“Haha nothing like that” Chanyeol replied awkwardly scratching his head, somehow Baekhyun had become weirdly popular among his friend and would spent more time with them instead of his boyfriend

“If it’s isnt working out you can tell me the truth you know because this guy from my art class his name is Kyungsoo I think you are gonna really like him” Jongin suggested wriggling his eyebrows. 

Oh god not again

“Look, I have a boyfriend and I don’t want to see anyone else” Chanyeol was so done going out on dates. 

“How come I have never seen you holding his hand when you are like one of the clingiest person I know” Jongin asked challengingly. 

Why couldn’t Chanyeol have a dumb best friend who didn’t notice EVERYTHING?!

“Baekhyun isn’t the PDA type”

“Uh huh”

Chanyeol shoved some chips into Jongin’s mouth to stop him from speaking any further. 

So Jongin needed convincing. Sighing Chanyeol got up from his seat and chugged his beer to accumulate courage since he was being pushed at the edge. It was time for some actual action. 

He walked towards Baekhyun who was explaining something to Jongdae exaggeratedly his hand.

“Baek can I talk to you?” Chanyeol asked with a soft smile.

Baekhyun paused his very excited discussion and stood up excusing himself from the others.

Chanyeol led him to the kitchen.

“What? I was talking to them about this—“

Chanyeol suddenly cut him off by covering Baekhyun’s mouth with his own in a hungry kiss. It took a second for Baekhyun to ponder what was happening and responded immediately, completely surprising himself. Chanyeol’s mouth was warm, the caress of his lips softer than he could have imagined. He tasted tentatively with his tongue, and Baekhyun opened his mouth with a low moan.

Finally when Chanyeol pulled away Baekhyun still looked dazed as he fluttered his eyes open, his heart was pounding in his chest.

“By the way Jongin is watching us” Chanyeol leaned forward whispering into his ears.

“What?” Baekhyun mumbled perplexed.

“He was kinda questioning the authenticity of our relationship, I am really sorry I kissed you I..I..just didn’t know what to do” Chanyeol was still standing really close his finger’s playing with a lock of his hair.

Oh

Baekhyun stayed quiet not being able to come up with any response.

“But thank you for you know making the kiss look believable, I really owe you Baekhyun” Chanyeol smiled before he moved away.

Probably Jongin had left Baehyun thought.

“You are welcome” Baekhyun murmured faking a smile. Chanyeol obviously too dense to understand he ruffled Baekhyun’a hair and left the kitchen leaving him shaken and a little bit disappointed. 

The rest of the night Baekhyun tried his best to mingle but somehow things seem to completely change, he could barely focus on anyone when all he could think about was the kiss and how Chanyeol didn’t even mean it. 

When most of the people had left Chanyeol slumped beside him on the couch drunk, he placed his head on Baekhyun’s shoulder and closed his eyes. His soft hair trickled on Baekhyun’s face making him flinch.

“Don’t move I am trying to sleep” Chanyeol slurred sleepily.

So Baekhyun leaned back on the backrest trying his best not to move. It was unlike him because he didn’t remember ever letting anyone use him as a pillow. 

“You know I have been best friends with him since childhood I can tell when he is lying” Jongin spoke in hushed tone as he casually leaned on the wall. 

Baekhyun immediately glanced at Chanyeol who was already asleep, head almost slipping from his shoulder so Baekhyun held onto Chanyeol’s cheek gently to keep him from falling he didn’t want him to have a creaky neck or something. 

Not that Baekhyun couldn’t retaliate he had seen Chanyeol he was a liar. 

“Well did you realise the reason why he felt the need to lie ?” Baekhyun decided to stand up for Chanyeol once. 

“Why?”

“Maybe because you keep setting him up with weird people” Baekhyun stated arching his eyebrow.

Jongin chuckled, “Trust me most of them were exactly his type, but somehow Chanyeol always ended up nit picking and rejecting them for the most stupid reasons it was almost like he was waiting for someone” 

“So you knew this was fake?” Baekhyun enquired in a low voice staring at Jongin.

“Yah but il let this one slide since he obviously put in a lot of effort to ask you to make this whole thing believable I won’t ruin it for him, also it looks like I don’t really have to worry about him anymore” Jongin winked picking up his beer bottle from the table.

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun asked confusedly blinking, his shoulder was starting to hurt so he straightened a little removing his hand from Chanyeol’s face causing him to stir slightly and face plant on Baekhyun’s lap like a dead log.

Jongin laughed quietly eyeing his unconscious best friend, “Take care of him, goodnight Baekhyun”

“Night, Yah il take him home” Baekhyun replied heaving a sigh, poking his fake boyfriend on his back repeatedly trying to wake him up.

...

So little did Baekhyun knew that dragging a giggling 6ft guy would be this difficult.

“Why would you even drink so many beers?” Baekhyun huffed as he pulled Chanyeol out of the elevator by tugging on his hoodie. Taking care of a trashed fake boyfriend was never in his to do list.

“S’orry...” Chanyeol apologised pouting

Baekhyun shook his head feeling tired but Chanyeol mumbled something incoherently.

“What?” Baekhyun asked gripping on Chanyeol’s arm tightly to help him stand, because he was as steady as a baby taking its first steps.

“I-I said I love you-u and..” Chanyeol stuttered eyes closed. 

“What did you just say?” Baekhyun froze for a moment. 

“I s’wear I-i s’still do..and..and it must have been s-so bad...”

Hearing Chanyeol sing or drunkenly attempt at singing Baekhyun groaned rubbing his temples with his fingers.

“And..And this...iss..how you-u..remind me...Of what I really am..yeah yeah..ooompff”

“Chanyeol you will wake up the whole building oh my god” Baekhyun cried out covering the other’s mouth with his hand. He did not sign up for this . 

Finally after a lot of convincing when Chanyeol bobbed his head accepting the fact that singing loudly at 12:45 am wasn’t civil, Baekhyun removed his hand from his mouth shushing him.

Baekhyun fumbled with the lock and after what it seem like an hour because Chanyeol kept snatching his keys away he managed to open the door.

He guided him to the couch, (read dragged) and laid him onto it panting, thankfully he had cleaned his couch just yesterday.

“! you are heavy” Baekhyun blurted out as he shoved a cushion under Chanyeol’s head.

“Don’t...don’t be mean to me...I am your boyfr..boyfriend” Chanyeol drawled out heavily

Baekhyun let out a dry chuckle “ Fake boyfriend you doofus” Fake

And yet he was taking care of him, Baekhyun himself wondered when did he become such a softie

“Baek...thank y-you” Chanyeol hiccuped nuzzling his face to the cushion.

“Stop thanking me, go to sleep it’s late” Baekyun uttered pulling the cover over him.

Chanyeol did as he was told, he shut his eyes tightly, breathing loudly through his mouth. In minutes, he was asleep.

Baekhyun stood there for a few moments staring at him with a small smile before he retreated to his room and vaulted on the bed burrowing his face in his pillow.

Pretending so much was staring to tire him out.

....

“What is it?” Baekhyun asked opening the door to Chanyeol leaning on his doorframe smiling.

“Are you free this evening” Chanyeol looked at him gnawing at his lower lip.

“Why?” Baekhyun enquired. 

“So my friends are planning to go for this movie, and it’s a couples thing—“

So he needed him as a show, obviously. That was enough for him to understand.

“Nope” Baekhyun said popping the P and fanning his fingers infront of Chanyeol’s face.

“What do you mean by no?” Chanyeol demanded wide eyed.

“No as in no,I won’t go with you this evening or ever...I am done being a part of this drama”

“Cmon you said you will help me out” Chanyeol urged jutting his lips out.

Nope, Baekhyun won’t fall for those cute antics.

“Well you said 2 weeks, and its over and with that my offer of being your fake boyfriend expires” Baekhyun stated.

Chanyeol nudged him on his arm, “Cmon don’t do this we are friends”

Friends? Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“We aren’t friends, we went from being neighbors to pretend boyfriend’s now I am breaking up with you so we can go back to being neighbors again” Baekhyun huffed crossing his arms over his chest.

Chanyeol snapped his mouth shut eyes fixed on the floor.

“Also you don’t need me anymore, Jongin already knows that it was a scam he told me that day when you were completely wasted” Baekhyun revealed with a sigh.

Surprisingly Chanyeol didn’t seem to be fazed hearing that as he if it didn’t matter, Instead he looked up at him with a soft gaze, “one last date please”

“Give me one good reason?” Baekhyun implored biting on his lips. He waited with baited breath to hear his answer.

“My other friends really like you...they want you to come” Chanyeol replied grinning.

Baekhyun wanted to throw his hands at that, but he just said  “No I won’t go, bye Chanyeol” and immediately closed the door on his face fuming.

He didn’t even know why he felt so angry. What was he really expecting from him anyway? 

Chanyeol rapped on his door quite a few times after that but Baekhyun chose to ignore it putting on his headphones and concentrating on his very much neglected studies.


....

 

Baekhyun sauntered lazily leaving his warm blankets and couch to open the door, he was eating cheetos and watching Netflix like any adult would do on a Saturday evening.

his hands he swung open the door with his other free hand, his finger’s halted in his mouth seeing Chanyeol standing there.

“Didn’t you have some place to be?” Baekhyun mumbled staring at the other who was dressed in a shirt and jeans, hair pushed back and immediately he looked at his own faded tshirt and crumpled shorts feeling self conscious he took a step back.

“It was a couple thing can’t really go alone can I ?” Chanyeol answered quirking his lips raking him up and down.

“Ohh...” Baekhyun pulled his tshirt smoothing it, running his fingers through his hair in an attempt to tame it.

Chanyeol casually stepped inside his apartment and closed the door behind him.

“I..I didn’t ask you to come in” He snapped.

Chanyeol chuckled deeply shaking his head, “Baek I didn’t ask permission before kissing you, do you really think I am gonna wait for you to invite me inside?”

Baekhyun’s cheeks flushed a little.

How was his clumsy neighbor being so eloquent out of nowhere and he was suddenly suffering from loss of vocabulary. Baekhyun internally blamed it on Chanyeol wearing the fitted shirt that was showing off all the taut muscles underneath making the words inside his brain jumble up. 

Baekhyun tore his gaze away and focused on the bland wall instead “Why are you here?”

Chanyeol moved closer, he placed the pad of his thumb on the his lips and brushed it lightly, Baekhyun’s pupil flared up at the touch.

“You have got crumbs over you face”

Baekhyun wiped his mouth roughly with his hand feeling embarrassed.

Laughing Chanyeol removed his hand taking it in his own he leaned forward kissing the corner of his mouth “Here it’s gone” he murmured his own lips.

“You are Gross” Baekhyun jeered feigning a disgusted expression.

“And you are just stupid” Chanyeol commented smiling. 

“Excuse me?” Baekhyun’s forehead furrowed automatically.

Chanyeol pulled him closer to his chest wrapping his arms around his waist he gazed down at him with his eyes almost sparkling under the lights of Baekhyun’s living room.

“You can’t insult me and then hug me it’s not fair” Baekhyun argued but made no effort to move away.

“I am stating a fact, you are indeed stupid...but I like you...I have always liked you probably since the day you moved in here wearing that eye blinding pink hoodie...you had me at that horrible fashion choice” Chanyeol smirked at him.

Baekhyun gaped at him with his mouth falling open, his face was heating up and heart racing but he wasn’t sure if it was because Chanyeol had bluntly ridiculed his fashion sense or his confession.

“Why didn’t you tell me before?” Baekhyun whispered. 

“That I hate your hoodie?” Chanyeol asked intelligently. 

“No idiot, that you like me” Baekhyun puffed his cheeks out.

“Ohh i was sure you disliked me since you always avoided me so finally I thought maybe if I asked you to be my fake boyfriend you will realise that I really like you” Chanyeol explained tightening his grip on him.

“That’s the lamest idea ever” Baekhyun groaned into his chest.

“I even listened to Nickleback for you” Chanyeol confessed with a misplaced pride.

“Yah you almost woke up our neighbors singing on the top of your lungs that night”

“So do I get a reply or not?” Chanyeol asked loosening his hold slightly so Baekhyun could look up at him.

“Do you think I would ever agree to fake date you if I didn’t like you? you are the stupid one by the way” Baekhyun poked his finger to the other’s chest making his statement clear.

“Guess stupid people attract each other” Chanyeol chuckled softly.

“Well this is the worst confession in the history of confessions—“

Chanyeol bent down and pressed his lips on Baekhyun’s soft ones, and everything went quite, he let his tongue slid inside his mouth in a gentle but demanding way, Baekhyun kissed him back gripping his hair pulling his face closer to his.

“Did you really kiss me that day to show off to your best friend?” Baekhyun implored huskily as they broke free.

“I was trying to prove to Jongin yes, I also wanted to kiss you but I was afraid that you will be mad at me...I really wanted to kiss you...” Chanyeol trailed off gulping.

“Ugh you are so clueless” Baekhyun groaned exasperatedly. 

“I am your clueless” Chanyeol whined pouting.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol’s now messed up hair and changed his mind about his neighbor not being hot, so may be was hot like really ing hot, not that Baekhyun would admit it in open. 

....