Chapter 2

Woohoo Attempts

Chapter 2

Jieun couldn’t stop the large grin from stretching into her face. The only thing she could remember was his red ears that she could probably spot from miles away and he was so cute, almost like a—

Tsundere.”

Jieun chocked on her drink, the coffee spilling a little on her laptop as she wiped it away with a tissue. She gave her best friend the stink eye.

“That’s what he is,” says Sulli. “He’s definitely a Tsundere. He doesn’t want to show you any affections but he definitely has some for you.”

“Stop,” counters Jieun. “We literally just met yesterday. There’s no way that he could possibly be a Tsundere.”

Sulli sips on her drink, leaning into the palm of her hand. “Don’t get so defensive, you told me the story. And plus weren’t you the one that asked this question?”

Jieun rolls her eyes, deciding to divert away from the conversation about her neighbour’s son.

“I don’t date younger guys. I prefer older ones, they are just more mature.”

“Yeah, suuuure,” mocked Sulli, going back to her desk.

 

…..

…….

 

Jungkook didn’t mean to eavesdrop on the conversation. He just happened to be there at a rather inconvenient time and he just happened to overhear Mrs. Lee’s conversation with her only daughter.

“I already told you Jieun!” Her mother shouted over her daughter’s denials. “If you don’t go through with his blind date, I swear to your grandmother’s grave that I will kick your and disown you.”

“But mom,” She stresses out. “I don’t like blind dates and plus I can find my own boyfriend if I need too.”

“Jieun, you are 28, it’s either now or never. You have two years to get married. You will go through with this blind date otherwise you’ll me tainting my name in this community.”

Jungkook held his breath, sneaking away from his family backyard so it didn’t seem like he was purposely listening to his neighbour’s conversation.

“Fine!”

“Great, he’ll be waiting at st@rbucks at XXX station.”

Jungkook marches back into his room, grabbing his cellphone and search for one of his only friends.

“Hello?”

“Tae-hyung!”

“What is it?” The other boy managed to croak out.

“Listen! U-uhm, my neighbour is going on a date tonight...”

“So?”

“What do you mean so?” Jungkook asserted, his fingers tapping against his wooden table. “Did you not hear?”

“No, I heard you loud and clear, what do you want? Isn’t Miss Lee, just your neighbour? Why does it bother you that she’s going on a da—“

“She’s not just my neighbour,” Jungkook hisses out, crossing his leg as he impatiently glance at his window. “She’s just someone special to me.”

“Okay, then why don’t you pretend to be her and ditch him and then take Miss Lee on a date instead? It’s not like she knows who her blind date is supposed to be.”

“Hyung...that’s brilliant!” Boasted Jungkook who walked over to his closet to search for some clothes. “But what about the guy?”

“That’s fine, I’ll shut him up for you, if need be.

“Hyung! I love you!”

Jungkook could mentally hear Taehyun’s eyes rolling before he hung up. He sent his Hyung the address and went to change into an appropriate attire.

He laid out three outfits;

The first was jeans and a sweater, it look too childishly and immature.

The second was a full on suit, except the suit seem a bit too small for him. The last time he had worn the suit was during his middle school graduation. And he had grown up, a lot.

The last one was not so bad. It was just a button up white shirt with black jeans that could have been mistaken for dress pants if one was careless enough. Semi-formal look was the latest trend in Korea.

He opted for the last choice, quickly changing when he noticed Jieun was getting into her car. He sneaked into his mother’s room, grabbing anything his hands could.

“Kookie, What are you doing in mom’s room?”

Jungkook almost dropped the clothes, giving his older brother an uneasy smile as he shuffled pass his brother.

“Nothing, Hyung, I just forgot some stuff in mom’s room.”

Jungkook’s brother narrowed his eyes, releasing a tired sigh. He had just gotten back from university and honestly he didn’t want to deal with his younger brother.

“Whatever, just return it to mom before she notices.”

“Have a good day hyung-nim!”

Jungkook ran into the bathroom, changing into his third choice outfit. He barely made it pass the door before his mother stopped him.

“Where are you going Kookie?”

“Just meeting a friend, Mom.” He answered, though he didn’t look at her.

“Alright but just make sure not to come home too late.”

Jungkook nodded his head. Quickly rushing to take a bus to XXX station. He found the nearest bathroom and changed into his mother’s attire—which in all honestly, was a bit outdated.

But his height surely balance out the out dated trend. He walked towards the suggest meeting, and it wasn’t hard to notice who Jieun’s date was.

The damn man was wearing brand name clothes from head to toe. Jungkook stalks over to his table, the wig was swaying back and forth, he was glad that he took that female role back in his all boys’ middle school.

The handsome man glance up, lips stretching into a smile as he stood up. “Miss Lee Jieun?”

“Yeah that’s me,” he answers with a pitchy voice. Shaking hands with the older man and wiped it against his skirt. “You are?”

“Kim Hanuel,” He stared at Jungkook, who shivered in respond. And it wasn’t a good shiver.

“Nice to meet you Hanuel, but I think I’ll just use the washroom first.”

“Already?”

Jungkook glared at him, and made no motion to stop in his escape to the washroom. He stopped in front of the men’s washroom, tugging his wig off before rushing into one of the empty stalls before he was caught.

He changed into his third choice attire, humming in success as he walked pass that bastard Kim Hanuel who wasn’t aware that his date had been a man.

Jungkook walked out of st@rbucks, just in time for Jieun to get out of her own car. She spotted him, waving her hand as he walked over to her.

The first week that she had spent driving him to walk was a bliss. He eventually opened up to her, and even started calling her noona.

“Jieun-noona, what are you doing here?” Jungkook feign innocence, as if running to her had been a coincidence.

“Oh, I’m on a blind date but my date hasn’t shown up for the pass thirty minutes,” she brushed her hair back. It was only then when Jungkook noticed her attire. The white dress was above her knees, and definitely hugged her petite body structure.

Her usual short hair had been braided and pinned back.

“Jungkook?”

He snapped out of his trance, giving an apologetic smile to his neighbour. “Sorry what was that?”

“I was asking what you were doing around here,” she repeated, waving her hands around as if to emphasize.

“Oh, I was supposed to meet with someone but I got ditched.”

“Oh...” she glance at her watch, “If you want, we can hang out—I mean only if you want. You probably don’t want to hang out with an old woman like me.”