Chapter 1: The Neighbour's Son

Woohoo Attempts

Chapter 1

“Hey mom,” Jieun calls out from her seat on the couch. She was munching away on her favourite sweet potato that her mother just made. Today was the day she could relax and dress in her favourite purple jumpsuit and hair pulled back into a messy bun.

“What is it?” Her mother emerge from the kitchen, leaning over her daughter to look at where her daughter was staring. “Oh, that’s our new neighbours.”

“The Kim’s moved away?”

“Yeah, and if you were paying attention then you would know that their daughter got accepted as a trainee.”

“Trainee? What for?” Questions Jieun, turning her attention back to the television just as the commercials had ended.

“She’s going to debut as a member of some idol group. Whatever, more importantly, when are you going to get married?” She scolded her daughter, eyes staring at her messy attire in disapproval. “Seriously, all my friend’s daughters have already married and yet my own daughter is at home doing absolutely noth—“

“Mom, I’m only 28, still pretty young if you ask me.”

“When I was your age, I was already pregnant and working hard as a home maker.”

DING DONG

“Coming! Coming!”

Jieun got up from the couch, and rushed to the door, in hopes of avoiding her mother’s usual marriage rant. It was getting annoying having the same conversations about marriage and surely she didn’t plan on getting married anytime soon—even if her friends were getting married at this time and age.

 

She peek through the hole on their door, before opening it. A rather tall boy was standing in front of her door, his hair was kept and tamed, like one of those boy bands that Sulli was into.

She blinks her eyes, getting ready to speak before he interrupted. His cheeks were flush red as he stared pass her, she could feel him staring pass her as if he didn’t want to make eye contact with her.

 

“U-Uhm—my mother made this and told me to give it to you—“ he shove the pot into Jieun’s hands and before Jieun could answer him back, he was gone, as fast as he came and went.

 

“What was that all about?” Ask her mother, her hands cupping her cheeks as she stared after the running boy who slammed the gates a bit too hard. “Well, leave the pot on top of the table. We’ll go greet our new neighbours after dinner.”

 


NEXT DAY

Jieun glance at her watch, light brown eyes constantly peeking over to her neighbour’s gates, feet impatiently patting against the ground. Dinner had been fantastic, her mother finally made a rather festive meal that night and her little brother came home rather grumpy—all the more to add onto her happiness.

Except, it went downhill when they stayed talking about their younger son’s high school, which was Jieun’s former school, and how far it was and how much settling the Jung family still had to do.

And that was when, her dearest mother, offered to help. That same help was going to come from her daughter, and not even her mother.

And now she was stuck with being a damn Uber driver for a high school kid when she could have spent the rest of her night playing games until she got knock out. But instead, she had to sleep early just so she could drop the kiddo to his school.

“It’s fine,” Her mother had said, “It’ll only be for a week. Just until the Jung’s settle down into a routine.”

Which was a load of bull in Jieun’s opinion. She frowns at the time and was half way through pulling out her cellphone before a commotion got her attention.

She tilted her head over her shoulders, and watch her neighbours have their little argument before Mrs. Jung pointed at her and suddenly his son, Kookie or little buddy—whatever his name was whipped his head to the side. He quickly tilted his head down to get his bangs to cover his eyes.

“Oh, Jieun-ah!” Mrs. Jung calls out informally, which Jieun didn’t mind. She wasn’t so overly keen on familiarities. Mrs. Jung came over to the gates, and greeted her as she dragged her son behind her. A gentle, motherly smile on her face, “Sorry to bother you about this. I hope you don’t mind bringing him to school.”

Jieun smiles politely, portraying that perfect daughter-in-law answer, “Don’t worry about it Mrs. Jung, anything to help you and your family settle down to the neighbourhood.”

Mrs. Jung elbowed her son, cocking her head towards Jieun’s awaiting car. Jieun follows the boy once he got settle down on the front seat.

“Are you excited?” She ask, starting her car up and putting it out of park mode. “I mean, this is your first day of senior year. Surely you must be.”

The boy merely shrugged his shoulders, leaning against the window. Leaving the back of his head as the only view that Jieun could see.

Jieun continued driving within the speed limit, the boy’s school was still another ten minutes away and the traffic was making it worse than usual.

“Are you thirsty? Do you wanna stop by and get something to drink?” She asks, coming to a stop at a red light.

The boy didn’t answer.

“Well, unfortunately for you, I need to make a stop because I need my daily coffee.”

Jieun parked the car and got off, bringing her purse into the store. Another five minutes had passed before she came out with her coffee, and a satisfied lopsided smile on her face.

“Usually, getting to your school would have only taken 10 minutes but the traffic isn’t moving,” Jieun speaks lowly, “But then again, we would have been there already if I hadn’t need my coffee stopover. Do you listen to music?”

Without waiting for an answer, her fingers pressed on the radio, changing the station to reveal her rather old playlist. “If you’re the type that likes newer generation music, then I don’t really have anything for you.”

“No...It’s okay,” He finally responded, though he still didn’t face her. Jieun was about 90% sure that his neck was going to snap if he didn’t stop.

Jieun drove towards the front gate of the school, “Good, I was starting to think that you were an invention robot that your father made with all the replies you have been giving.”

The boy didn’t say anything, taking off his belt. A shiver ran down his back when a something cold pressed against his cheek.

“It’s banana milk. I wasn’t sure what you wanted so I went with this. Nothing can go wrong with a childhood drink,” Jieun smiles at him, watching him stumble out of the car. She gave him a lazy wave, starting her car as soon as he shut the door again.

Knock.

Jieun rolled down her window, waiting patiently for him to open his mouth.

“U-uhm my name is Jung Jungkook. And...thanks...”


Note:

Hello everyone, how was the first chapter?

I hope that you guys like it. I'm not really too invested into this kind of ship but I do definitely find them adorable. I love that someone like Jungkook loves IU as much as I do. 

Here are some character information:

Lee Jieun is 28 and Jeon Jungkook is around 18--they have an 10 year gap.

I am sorry if the isn't something for you. However, this was what I had written and I don't really plan to make any changes. Otherwise, please enjoy <3

-Moxhii.