I Just Wanted Crab

Wheesa arguments [One-shot collection]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Description: In which Mamamoo's dinner plans are ruined and they all get a little bit grumpy because of it. 

 

“You are seriously annoying.”

 

Wheein scoffs at the other girl’s words, flicking a finger against her cheek to show her what real annoyance can be like. 

 

“Stop it!” Hyejin frantically swats her hand away. 

 

“Guys, please. Let’s figure out what we’re going to do now.” Their leader claps her hands to get their attention, stopping them on a street corner not far from the restaurant they had just left. 

 

Wheein had suggested the four of them eat dinner at a new crab restaurant they hadn’t been to before, not far from their company in Jangan-Dong. They had entered the place, excited for a nice crab-filled meal, but things hadn’t gone quite according to plan. They now found themselves back on the streets with empty stomachs.

 

Hyejin was especially annoyed because the restaurant hadn’t served any sort of marinated crab meals, eventhough “Wheein said they did.” 

 

“I absolutely never said that,” Wheein defends herself. “Guys, did I say that?”

 

Hyejin crosses her arms over her chest, still convinced that her mistake was somehow Wheein’s fault. “Even if you didn’t say it, you should’ve warned me so that I didn’t embarrass myself in front of the restaurant owner like that.” Hyejin isn’t one to get embarrassed easily, but she can still feel the heat on her cheeks from earlier this time.

 

“You can read,” Wheein almost laughs. “You should’ve read the menu yourself.” 

 

“Yeah Hyejin-ah, how is you flustering the restaurant owner Wheein’s fault?” Byulyi interferes, and all Hyejin can do is scold back at her for siding with the other girl. The youngest girl eventually drops her arms with a defeated sigh when a new flash of guilt passes through her.

 

She could have indeed read the menu, but she knew that if she had, her fellow members would have complained about her taking so long to decide. It was always the same with them. They would know their order within five minutes of looking at the menu, but Hyejin tended to take longer. There was just so much choice! This time, she decided to just go for the meal she had been craving all day. For once, she didn’t look at the menu before ordering.

 

“I literally laughed in his face because I thought he was joking,” she says, thinking about the restaurant owner’s flustered face. “What crab restaurant doesn’t serve marinated crab?” 

 

“Yeah, if only you had read the menu,” Wheein says again. “It was really embarrassing for you.”

 

“Wheein-ah!” Hyejin frowns at her, ready to start an argument, but judging from the mischievous look on her face that’s exactly what she’s expecting. She sighs and slumps her shoulders. She doesn’t have the energy to argue on an empty stomach. “I should go back and apologize again.”

 

“No, please! I think they were happy we finally left,” Yongsun says, grabbing Hyejin’s forearm to stop her. “You guys were being so loud in there.”

 

“Us?! You’re the loudest of the group,” Byulyi scoffs in disbelief, earning a stern gaze from their leader.

 

“We can probably never go back there now because of Hyejin,” Wheein sighs dramatically.

 

“Wheein-ah!” Hyejin swats her fist at her, immediately rolling her eyes when Wheein dramatically clutches the shoulder that’s been hit. 

 

She half heartedly tries hitting her again in response to her exaggerated reaction, but Wheein catches her fist and yanks on her hand as she spins herself around, twisting Hyejin’s arm in the process. She yelps, more out of surprise than out of pain and pushes Wheein away from her with a grumble.

 

“I can’t believe you made us leave, unnie. I’m so hungry,” Byulyi sighs, ignoring the younger girls’ antics. 

 

Yongsun loops her arm through the other girl’s. “We should just go home and order in.”

 

“If it wasn’t for Hyejin not reading the menu,” Wheein pointedly looks at Hyejin, “we would’ve had our food by now.”

 

“Stop going on and on about the menu.” She rolls her eyes again, clearly annoyed by the other girl’s blame-game. “Besides, I’m not the one who dropped a glass of beer on the waitresses’ shoes.” She pointedly looks at Wheein the same way she had looked at her moments earlier.

 

“That happened because you scared me!” Wheein points her finger to Hyejin’s face, who in turn bares her teeth and nibs at it. Wheein can pull it away just in time, looking at her in shock and muttering “savage” under her breath.

 

“I didn’t scare you. All I did was imitate Ggomo.”

“Ggomo doesn’t growl.”

“Maybe not at you!”

 

“Kids, focus!” Yongsun interferes, clapping her hands again to get their attention. “Do you want to order in or get something at a convenience store?” 

 

Byulyi points at the store on the opposite side of the road. “Getting something at 7-Eleven would be the quickest.” 

 

Hyejin scrunches her nose. “Also not as good as ordering food.”

 

“Don’t act like you aren’t obsessed with their pre-packaged bento boxes,” Wheein scoffs.


“Not today okay,” she gently shoves Wheein again, who pretentiously stumbles into Yongsun’s side. “I’m really craving marinated crab right now.”

 

“If we want to order in, we’d have to get home first. That will take years, so let’s just go to a convenience store instead.” 

 

Wheein is already trying to drag their leader across the street, but Byulyi quickly stops them when a car passes by. She frowns at Wheein, who simply shrugs in return. They would’ve easily been able to cross without getting hit. 

 

“We’re close to the company. We can order food now and get there before it arrives,” Hyejin suggests.

 

After a short vote, they decide to go with Hyejin’s suggestion. They order food — Hyejin hovering over Yongsun’s phone as she chants for her to get her marinated crab — and head in the direction of their company. Wheein huffs when Hyejin practically starts skipping in excitement at the thought of the food. Hyejin passively whacks her in response.

 

“Let’s not kill each other on the way there,” Yongsun warns as she pulls on Wheein’s hand that was about to retaliate.

 

Hyejin sticks out her tongue at Wheein and continues skipping ahead.

 

“How could I ever live without this girl,” Wheein starts dramatically. Hyejin raises a suspicious eyebrow and braces for what comes next. “This girl who gets us kicked out of restaurants because of her ferocious appetite and inability to read?” 

 

“We didn’t get kicked out! Stop exaggerating.” She curls her arm around Wheein’s, nails softly digging into the other’s bicep. “You always complain about me taking too long to read, so shut up.”

 

Byulyi pulls them to the side of the street again, pointing out another passing car. “I think we could’ve just stayed. It really wasn’t that bad.” 

 

“You didn’t see the look on the owner’s face when Hyejin laughed at him,” Yongsun says. She pulls up her shoulders and shudders at the thought. Byulyi takes it as an opportunity to grab the back of her neck and squeeze it, causing the older girl to scrunch up her shoulders even further as she lets out a signature dolphin squeal. 

 

The two younger girls fall into pace behind them, still bickering on and on about the crab restaurant.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter