Grumpy Girlfriends

Wheesa arguments [One-shot collection]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Description: In which Wheein and Hyejin are dating and get into a silly argument the day before they fly to Thailand for a schedule.

 

Hyejin crosses her arms over her chest and rests her head against the cold car window. Her head hurts and her eyes feel heavy from lack of sleep, a big contrast to her annoying girlfriend sitting next to her, who’s as energetic as ever.

 

Wheein is animatedly talking to Byulyi about some video she saw on the internet, her constant fits of laughter making the story almost completely incoherent. Her knees bump into Hyejin’s every now and then, waking her up each time she’s about to doze off. 

 

Of course. Wheein was the cause of her lack of sleep in the first place, so this continuation of that seems only fitting. 

 

 

It had all started the previous night when Wheein had come over to Hyejin’s house where they had prepared for a date night. It started off romantic and fun, but soon enough their plans for the night diverged, with Wheein suggesting a romantic walk through the nearby park, and Hyejin refusing at all costs. 

 

That little disagreement (which Hyejin won, because there really was no moving her), was the start of a chain of small discords: what tv channel to watch, who got to eat the last of the chicken, who cleared the table, who cleaned the kitchen, and so on.

 

Having known each other for over ten years and dating for three of those, it’s safe to say they know each other better than anyone else. Usually when small arguments like this happen between them, it’s because they easily sense the other’s emotions. When arguments stem from undeserved annoyance, it… annoys the other.

 

So when they had taken a shower together later that night and Wheein used the last of Hyejin’s shampoo, all hell suddenly broke loose. They used each other’s shampoos all the time, but this time Hyejin couldn’t stop herself from muttering how inconsiderate the other girl was being. 

 

Wheein, who had been rather calm throughout the previous useless arguments and annoyances, now irritably stamped her foot in the water.

 

“Yah! What is wrong with you,” she said angrily. “You’ve been annoying all night.”

 

“What’s wrong with me?” Hyejin retorted, Wheein’s anger spiking the same emotion in herself. “I’m not the one who just finished a bottle of expensive shampoo that doesn’t belong to her.”

 

Wheein had angrily washed out her hair before stepping out of the shower, leaving Hyejin to sulk by herself. She had wordlessly grabbed a new bottle of shampoo from a cabinet and held it up for the other girl to dramatically snatch away with an angry pout on her face. 

 

“You’re being ridiculous,” Wheein said while wrapping herself in a towel.

 

“You’re being mean,” Hyejin replied. She could easily imagine Wheein rolling her eyes when she heard her scoff. 

 

When Hyejin had finally finished her nightly routine, Wheein was already vast asleep in her bed. Unfortunately, sleep didn’t come as easy for her. She was still grumpy, and that combined with thoughts of their schedule the next day kept her up for hours. She felt like she had only just fallen asleep when Wheein’s alarm went off next to her.  

 

 

So that brings them to the car ride to Incheon Airport from where they’ll be flying to Thailand. Hyejin and Wheein hadn’t talked much in the morning morning. Wheein because she was too busy detangling her hair after having slept with it wet. Hyejin because she simply didn’t have the energy.

 

When Wheein takes a roll of crackers from her bag and offers one to everyone in the car except her, Hyejin’s annoyance spikes higher. She knows Wheein is acting petty on purpose, probably to get a reaction out of her. She stays mute for the entirety of the car ride. 

 

She smiles for the first time that day when she sees the fans who have gathered at the airport to wave them off. They greet everyone they pass, waving at pictures for paparazzi every now and then while their staff escorts them to the departures hall. 

 

Wheein is extraordinarily bright and energetic on this early morning. Normally that elation would rub off on her own demeanor, but right now Hyejin is just too tired and sensitive. She’s already having trouble keeping her eyes open while standing in line to drop their baggage off. 

 

Seoyeon, the staff member who always films for Mamamoo TV, ends up standing in line next to the four of them. When Wheein first sees her she immediately hugs the girl, all smiles and touches. When she pulls away from the hug and takes Seoyeon’s face in between her hands, Hyejin can’t help but feel a slight pang of jealousy. 

 

She knows her feeling that way is ridiculous considering the strength of their relationship and the fact that this interaction is completely innocent, but she feels like Wheein’s actions have a purpose. As if her touches are intentionally drawing out this jealousy in her.

 

Once they’ve scanned their boarding passes and are out of sight of the paparazzi, Hyejin lets her eyes rest for a moment while waiting in line for customs. She holds on to the strap of Yongsun’s bag, letting herself be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter