Lisoo | Fate

Just Me and You

 

 

 

 

"Lisa, honey... Come here already it's getting cold."

 

 

The girl cooed as she sits on a wide bed, with comforters shaded in dark red covers the lower part of her body. She rests her palm on the bed for support as she watches her lover emerge from the dimmed part of the room, the moonlight that casted through the window only showed half of the latter's face.

 

 

"I'm coming, my love." 

 

 

The other girl chuckled at how her lover spoke again with such eloquence of the old times, as if Europe of the 1900s was just yesterday.

 

 

She saw the glint in her eyes, how deep and mesmerizing those had always been. Her lover sat across her on the bed and looked at her with such distinctive gaze. 

 

 

"Why are you so serious? Are you nervous with our first night together?"

 

 

Lisa gave her a tight smile as a response. The other girl smiled back sweetly and embraced her lover with such delicacy and comfort. She felt at ease with the other, like she had known her for the last years even if they've only been together for a month.

 

 

"But... I think you're the one who should be nervous, my love."

 

 

The tight and seemingly innocent smile turned into a sly smirk that sent shivers to the other girl, while unconsciously removing her arms in great disbelief.

 

 

Lisa turned to face the girl in full eye contact for her to witness the fear that is continuously escalating in the mere sight of her being.

 

 

She blinked once and her eyes shifted from deep black orbs to bloody red tint as her smirk turned into a smile that revealed the sharp incisors that were begging to be used on soft, fragile skin.

 

 

At the sight, loud screams cascaded through the halls of the contemporary household that hides within the unknown forest that no one ever dares to visit. Unless, the victim falls under the spell of the charming immortal.

 

 

 

"Your taste isn't quite satisfying, my love... And one more thing; I dislike being called 'honey'. It is not a tad bit pleasing to the ears... But your screams were."

 

 

She smirked once more at her remark as she wiped the dripping remains of blood from her lips. She lifted the body of her ex lover outside to the forest where a large cut tree which reveals its annual rings stood.

 

 

She placed the body atop of it and whispered...

 

 

"Infernum." with distinct intonation. Suddenly, the annual circles of the tree glowed in low light and the lifeless girl slowly faded from sight. 

 

 

 

"I hope you like it... Dad." 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

"Review the next chapter. That's all for today."

 

 

With that, the students knew it was the cue for them to go. 

 

 

"Professor Manoban acts and speaks so coldly, doesn't she?" One of the students started while they walk through the halls.

 

 

"She does. That's what makes her famous among boys and girls. That height, the looks, brain, attitude... She's got it all. They are all crazy for her. Well, including me." Another girl responded with a giggle, and off they go to their chats.

 

 

 

Lisa, despite being the creature she is, blended quite well with the mortals. Having exquisite experience and knowledge of geography and history, no university in the world would even think of neglecting a chance to have her as a professional.

 

 

She was Pranpiya, Lalice, Lilith, Layla, and so on... But in this time line, in New York, she is Lisa Manoban; twenty two of forever age, an elite, a professor in the arts and history of the University of Woodhaven.

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

Lisa strides to the next aisle of books, grunting heavily when she sees no sign of the book she's dying to read for weeks. Well yes, ironically "dying".

 

 

"Is there a problem?"

 

 

Lisa jumped in surprise when a lady emerged on her side.

 

 

"Why didn't I notice her coming? Why didn't I sensed her presence? Was I too caught up in other things? No... it can't be." Lisa said in her thoughts. 

 

 

Silence engulfed their shared space as they stared at each other; The immortal questioning her own inhumane capabilities, and the other girl questioning the oddness of the latter.

 

 

"Are... you okay? I'm sorry I startled you."

 

 

"It's o-okay. I'm fine." Lisa finally responded while in disbelief the she just stuttered without the usual coldness in her tone.

 

 

"Cool. I'm Jisoo. I'm the new librarian, well... sort of." The girl offered a hand to shake but Lisa just stared at it. She never dared to touch a stranger because often times, humans question her cold touch and it irritated her. But this time, she didn't know what came to her mind when she lifted her hand to accept the offer.

 

 

"Lisa." She simply replied and reached for the girl's hand.

 

 

With the touch, it felt like an electric current ran through Lisa's body and without warning, her eyes glitched from her normal orbs to her immortal red ones, and she felt her incisors being triggered to activate. She quickly removed her hand and looked down to prevent Jisoo from witnessing any more oddness in her being.

 

 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jisoo asked once more and went closer to Lisa.

 

 

"No! I-I mean yes. I'm sorry I got to go." Lisa walked quickly with her wide steps, making Jisoo frozen in her spot.

 

 

"Did I... smell bad?" Jisoo questions as she smell her shirt foolishly, having zero idea of what really happened.

 

 

"I don't. Well, her hand sure is cold. Maybe she has diarrhea." Jisoo settled with that and went back to do her job. She picked up the book Lisa dropped while she ran off. It read "Korean History: Seoul". 

 

 

"Hmm... Interesting." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

 

"Damn it! What's wrong with me?" Lisa slammed her door and went directly to the couch and sat there at wit's end.

 

 

"Am I losing my powers? No... Dad said I wouldn't lose it in any way. Even if Mom was human I..." Lisa stopped her mumbling when it reminded her of her Mom. Her Mom was beautiful, kind, and loving. Her Mom for her was the epitome of perfection...until humans rejected her, criticized her, and neglected her. Humans killed her Mom, that is why it was only fair to kill them too. This was her resolve.

 

 

As half human and half immortal, Lisa doesn't reek of blood rust like common inhumane beings were. She doesn't have permanent red orbs and long, sharp incisors, she doesn't have pale white skin. In conclusion, she appears very human with half of an immortal's powers. Meaning, she isn't as strong as full-blooded immortals were.

 

 

"Am I... malfunctioning?" Lisa grunted once more with the complexity of her being.

 

 

"No... There's got to be something wrong with that girl."

 

 

With that conclusion, Lisa ran off to her room and sat down to work on her desk. She opened her laptop and searched the name. 

 

 

"What was her name again? Jaeshi? Jae... Ji? What?!" out of frustration, she closed her laptop again and decided to rest.

 

 

"Tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll figure you out." Lisa closed her eyes to rest. She usually sleeps an hour or two and it'll be enough. Full-blooded ones doesn't need it.

 

 

Lisa rested with her mind preoccupied with the girl's image and effect on her. 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

"Excuse me." Lisa asked the library counter staff. 

 

 

"Oh.. Professor M-Manoban, how may I help you?" The staff catered to her with flustered cheeks as if she was in front of a celebrity. Lisa is often found at the library but never did she talked to anyone nor anyone dared to talk to her.

 

 

"May I ask, where is the new librarian?"

 

 

"Oh.. Jisoo? She's not scheduled today. She only works here thrice a week."

 

 

"Is that so? May I know her name?"

 

 

"Kim Jisoo. She is the-..."

 

 

"Thanks!" With that information, Lisa ran off again without letting the staff finish.

 

 

"...daughter of the President of the University. But oh well, I guess she wouldn't care." The lady staff finished.

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

"K-I-M J-I-S-O-O" Lisa spelled as she types from her laptop and hit the enter key.

 

 

A lot of articles read "Modern Writing of the Ancient Times", "Myths or Rumors?" "The Korean Writer Kim Jisoo Takes Over NY Pages"

 

 

"So she's a writer? A famous one. What's someone like her doing at a library being a librarian?" Lisa asked in confusion but got surprised when a title of a book caught her attention.

 

 

"Vampires Are Not Real"

 

 

Lisa sat and stared idly while reading the title all over again. What exactly troubled the immortal? The fact that someone was trying to prove her non-existence was supposedly good news to her but something ticked her off. Was it perhaps the title of the book?

 

 

No... It was because of the writer, the girl that made her glitch.

 

 

"I must meet you again, Kim Jisoo."

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

"Where is she?" Lisa mumbled while walking across the aisles as she search for the intriguing girl.

 

 

Frustrated, she walks towards the counter again to ask even if it annoys her to talk to people.

 

 

"Where is Kim Jisoo?" Lisa ask in a demanding tone that made the staff nervous.

 

 

"S-She's not around p-professor."

 

 

"Why not? She's new here right? What kind of staff is that?" Lisa questioned.

 

 

"Yes she is but she had something to-..."

 

 

"Nevermind. I'll be on my way. Thank you." Lisa cut her off yet again. 

 

 

Lisa seems to be gliding with her long legs as she still searched for the girl. She sighed in defeat as she stopped in her tracks.

 

 

"Whatever. Why am I even wasting my time like this? Sure, I do have a lot but only with sensible things." She muttered under her breath and walked with a calmed pace.

 

 

Lisa decided to end her day at the university and drove off to the forest to which she calls home. 

 

 

She parked her car in her garage that was about six blocks away from her house. The immortal didn't need the conveniece of a closer one. No, she doesn't turn into a bat to fly but she has the physical ability to run very fast. Plus, she loves the long walk.

 

 

When she was few feet away from the facade of her home, hands hid in her pockets and walking rather comfortably, she notices a figure of someone sitting on the tree where her offerings laid before the handover.

 

 

"Who dared?!" Lisa thought in anger and rushed over to the creature, rushed in a heartbeat fast that startled the unknown being. 

 

 

"Omo! What the you scared the hell out of-... P-Professor?"

 

 

Lisa was surprised when she realized the human in front of her was the one she had been looking for for the past few days. She quickly turned her back but it was too late.

 

 

"What are you doing here?!" She asked angrily.

 

 

"I was just strolling around. W-Wait, your eyes... Are you okay?" Jisoo stood up atop the cut tree as she asks in concern.

 

 

"I'm fine! Just... Go home!" Lisa demanded. 

 

 

"Well, I would love to if I wasn't lost."

 

 

"You don't look like you are." Lisa questioned, still not facing Jisoo. She was afraid she would have that 'mal-function' again.

 

 

"I didn't want to worry about it so I just made the most out of it." Jisoo answered innocently. 

 

 

"What?" Lisa absent-mindedly turned around this time. "Don't you know how dangerous this place is? You could've died!" She continued while walking towards Jisoo.

 

 

Jisoo was always carefree but this time she was startled. She stepped back the same amount as the immortal's steps towards her.

 

 

With that, Jisoo lost her balance. She was about to fall on her back but Lisa was quick to act and caught her.

 

 

It was supposed to be a normal save and rescue, the immortal's powers should've been unnoticed, but Lisa went all the way to catch Jiso, carried her, and hide her at the landscape of her porch which was too far for them to possibly reach it that fast.

 

 

Jisoo was beyond shocked and speechless. Her savior was right beside her a second ago, but then she sees her standing again beside the mysterious tree.

 

 

Before fear, Jisoo's curiosity came first. She was about to stand up and walk towards Lisa but something unfolds in her line of sight. The annual rings of the tree glowed and there stood a being. It looked human from the ancient times but she realized it wasn't really human when it was floating about two feet in the air.

 

 

"This is untimely and unlikely. What is it, daughter?" A very drep voice came out from that being which sent shivers on Jisoo's skin.

 

 

"Daughter? What?" Jisoo questioned in her mind. 

 

 

"I'm sorry father, but it was just an accident. I tripped."

 

 

"Father?! What is this?" Jisoo can only think of one thing about all this happenings. 

 

 

"You... Tripped? How could a creature like you can be so clumsy?" The deep voice spoke again in an intimidating fashion.

 

 

"Y-Yes. I'm sorry."

 

 

"It's fine. Don't do it again and fix yourself, could you at least do that?"

 

 

"Yes, father."

 

 

With that, the odd being was gone instantly. Lisa sighed in pure annoyance and Jisoo noticed that. She stood up but just kept looking at Lisa until their eyes met.

 

 

Jisoo's eyes widen when Lisa was in front of her in a heartbeat. She stepped back, she wanted to run from those frightening gaze and red orbs but something stopped her.

 

 

Was it curiosity? Was it really fear that she felt from the other, or was it the other way around? But she wasn't in the position to decide when Lisa grabbed her waist and lifted her. Like teleportation, they were suddenly in the bedroom of the immortal.

 

 

Lisa was still holding Jisoo, while she slowly lifted her other hand to the victim's neck.

 

 

"I should kill you." Lisa spoke in half conviction, like she should but couldn't. 

 

 

"But you won't." Jisoo affirmed. 

 

 

"Why won't I?" Lisa questioned as she leans closer, trying to intimidate her prey.

 

 

"Because you could've done it earlier from the very moment you saw me." 

 

 

Then it hit Lisa. Jisoo was right. If it were another person, she would have immediately 'dispose' of it. She let her victim go upon realization... Or maybe confusion. 

 

 

"Who are you?"

 

 

"I'm Kim Jisoo."

 

 

"And?"

 

 

"And what? Nothing. Just Kim Jisoo." Jisoo chuckled. She finally understood the comfort she was feeling towards the other.

 

 

"What, you can laugh now?" Lisa wondered why her supposedly 'victim' wasn't feeling any fear in the midst of a killer.

 

 

"Well, yeah... That's a rare talent." Jisoo answered wittily which earned her a smile from Lisa.

 

 

"And you can smile now. A very beautiful one."

 

 

Lisa blushed for the very first time in centuries. Yes, she often uses her smile to attract her prey but never did she give a sincere one. No humor nor flirting got into her.

 

 

"Are you not frightened you're in this household within the forest with a killer like me?" Lisa asked bluntly, totally ignoring the feeling that was so foreign for her.

 

 

"No." Jisoo said without second thoughts.

 

 

"Don't you know who I am? Or rather, what I am?"

 

 

"You're Lisa Manoban, a Professor of the history and arts here in Woodland. Your eyes turns red, you have sharp teeth, you're strong and runs very fast, and... you have daddy issues." Jisoo summarized like there wasn't anything wrong or odd with all of it.

 

 

"What? What do you mean daddy issues? I don't-... Ugh! Whatever, you're frustrating and you annoy me." Lisa walked towards the door in frustration.

 

 

"Out of the things you could deny, it's the 'daddy issues' huh?" Jisoo teased.

 

 

"Shut up!"

 

 

"Are you walking out from your own room?"

 

 

Lisa stopped on her tracks upon realization. She quickly moved in front of Jisoo again, not minding of showing her true self and abilities.

 

 

"You're right. Get out." Lisa said coldly.

 

 

"Is that how you treat a guest, Professor?"

 

 

"What? Do you think I'm kidding?"

 

 

"I want coffee please. I can smell it from here." Jisoo said, ignoring Lisa's words. Jisoo started walking towards the door and said; "I'll wait for you downstairs, Professor."

 

 

Lisa was in disbelief. It was the first time that she had met a stubborn and stupidly courageous human. Despite all of this, she still followed the other girl's request.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

"It's surprisingly good." Jisoo commented once she had a sip of the hot brew. They were staying at a coffee table whilst observing the setting of the sun. 

 

 

"Surprising? I always make good coffee."

 

 

"Says who?"

 

 

"Says all of my victims before I kill them." Lisa answered, trying to sound intimidating.

 

 

"What, does this have poison or something?"

 

 

"No. It has all my charms."

 

 

"Well, I think you don't need this coffee though. You are very charming enough, yes." Jisoo said bluntly, not expecting the other to be shy about it. Lisa just kept staring at her coffee, hoping her blush would go unnoticed.

 

 

"Do you believe in vampires now?" Lisa asked to stray away from the current awkwardness.

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"You're a writer right? And I saw one of your books."

 

 

"Oh, yeah. That you aren't real? I'd suggest you read it first. What you see, is not always as it seems."

 

 

"Like you?"

 

 

"What do you mean?"

 

 

"You... Piqued my interest." Lisa stared at Jisoo so deeply and the latter did the same. 

 

 

Lisa noticed how expressive Jisoo's eyes were, that it can tell a hundred truths but wouldn't, that it can portray her deepest emotions without saying a word.

 

 

Lisa also noticed how perfect her facial features were, how intricate those little details are, especially those heart-shaped lips. She also noticed her long brown hair that moves perfectly in sync with hers. 

 

 

"You're beautiful." Lisa accidentally said her thoughts openly and sincerely that seemed to move Jisoo at the same atmosphere that Lisa was in. 

 

 

With the calming breeze and moonlight, along with the aroma of the coffee, it was exquisite. Like it was a sin not to give in to the perfect moment. Thus, the two, strangers to each other, succumbed as they inevitably moved their heads closer, and closer until they felt each other's taste.

 

 

Lisa had never felt a kiss that warmed her almost souless body, she had never felt the yearning of this simple act that she had done a thousand times just to get someone to believe her untruthful feelings.

 

 

Jisoo felt the bitter taste of coffee and the coldness in Lisa's kiss but for her, it was the right one. Romance, lust... These were just words for her in context of every novel she read about those. If there was something she really didn't believe, it was love and the emotions that tangles with it. Yet, she was submissive to how Lisa intensifies their actions.

 

 

The immortal, despite having the strength, didn't use any of it. She was passionate but gentle to every touch. She slided her hand through Jisoo's hair to her neck and pulled her closer. She was troubled by the other girl's push and pull. She wanted nothing more but to feel her without any gap, even for just a second.

 

 

Realizing it wasn't enough, she finally used her abilities. She stood up quickly and carried Jisoo to her room, to her bed. Lisa stared down to the being that seemed to capture her soul. Upon calming herself and catching her breath with ease, she spoke;

 

 

"What have you done to me?"

 

 

"I wanted to ask the same question." Jisoo, who also just caught her breath said with a hoarse voice that sounded sensual to the other, making her lust visible into her eyes.

 

 

Lisa wanted to hear it again so she made her speak;

 

 

"I don't care what or why... Do you?"

 

 

"I don't." 

 

 

With that, they agreed without any more words and continued what their hearts wanted. They indulged themselves with each other's warmth and coldness that turned into pure heat when the immortal fully submit her soul and being to the girl she barely even know.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

"You've been awake this whole time?" Jisoo asked after she had fully opened her eyes to witness Lisa just staring at her but she can't figure out or even have a clue on what the other girl was thinking.

 

 

"I only sleep for an hour or two."

 

 

"And that's enough?"

 

 

"Yes."

 

 

"Cool!" Said Jisoo enthusiastically, not minding her sleepiness earlier nor their bodies. "So you've done all sorts of things already, like a lot?"

 

 

"No." Lisa answered simply while her eyes wander through the sheets that were almost falling from Jisoo's body which she awaits to be revealed.

 

 

"Hey! Are you even listening-..."

 

 

"You know what I want to do with you right now?" Lisa cut Jisoo off whilst losing her patience or more so; self-control. "I want to do all sorts of things to you... Like a lot." Jisoo gulped at the intensity of Lisa's voice, how deep and hungry it was. 

 

 

Lisa grabbed Jisoo's nape and kissed her like she haven't had enough from last night. She pulled her close even more, making the kiss ecstatic.

 

 

"Hmm Lis-... Wait I-..." Jisoo mumbled in between the kiss but Lisa didn't let her speak clearly.

 

 

"I really need to-... Mmm w-wait-..." 

 

 

"What is it?" Lisa finally stopped, slightly irritated.

 

 

"I... I really need to go. I have to work. My dad will be there."

 

 

"What? Are you a baby?"

 

 

"I could be... To you." Jisoo said with a sweet smile, making Lisa's stomach twirl with all these unknown emotions that weren't evident in her decades of living.

 

 

Lisa can't help but return the smile and gave Jisoo a chaste kiss. "Get dressed then, I'll accompany you. I'll be waiting downstairs." The immortal then swiftly got dressed and went towards the patio.

 

 

"That isn't fair." Jisoo muttered under her breath but still with all smiles and blushing cheeks. She quickly got up and got dressed as she was told.

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

"So you're a writer but your dad wants you to experience being an employee?" Lisa confirmed to which the other girl nodded. They were on their way to the university as Lisa drives.

 

 

"Why is that?" 

 

 

"Hmm... Maybe because he's an idiot or he just wants me to take over his legacy someday... but either way he's still an idiot." 

 

 

"What? What kind of legacy?"

 

 

"Like being a full-time nerd." 

 

 

Lisa chuckled at the remark but curiosity filled her mind. "Seriously, what is it?" 

 

 

Jisoo sighed before answering. "Like being the heir to the throne of Presidency in this damn university." 

 

 

With that, Lisa hit the breaks which caught Jisoo in surprise. 

 

 

"You're Kim Jae Suk's daughter?"

 

 

"Yes, the one and only. Why?"

 

 

"N-Nothing." 

 

 

"Why are you so surprised?"

 

 

"I wasn't. It's just... we're here already."

 

 

"Oh, right. I'll see you later?"

 

 

Lisa nodded and Jisoo smiled as she opened the door to step out. 

 

 

"Bye." 

 

 

"Bye." Lisa answered back and she watched the other girl until she faded from her sight.

 

 

Lisa gripped the steering wheel tightly as her powers glitched again but this time, it was because of pure anger. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I should really kill you... Kim..  Jisoo."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

- to be continued - 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------

Hi.
Another Lisoo because... why not? :)) Have you seen them lately? Like, they don't even need to tell what's going on :))))
And I'm sorry this turned out to be a cliffhanger. I didn't want a long chapter. I'll try to update as soon as I can. My work's a XD
 
Nyong An!