Lisoo | If It's You

Just Me and You

 

-LISA-

 

 

 

 

 

"How can you miss practice, Lisa? We only got days!"

 

 

"I know. I-..." 

 

 

"You know? Do you also know that you have the most parts? Most parts that we can't practice without you! We're supposed to be a team!"

 

 

"Bobby! Cut the girl some slack will you? It's the first time she missed a practice."

 

 

"I know, Seul! But... Aish! I'm sorry, Lis. I guess the competition got into my head."

 

 

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." I assured them and our practice went on. Since I missed practice, we alot an overtime today, making it already late night to go home.

 

 

 

 

I heaved a sigh as i exited the locker's room. I already took a warm shower and changed into comfortable clothes. I slung my duffle bag and opened my phone to check messages as I walk down the hall.

 

 

"Hmm... Chaeng got to go early huh. Thought I'd see her at the office at this hour." 

 

 

"See who?"

 

 

"OMO!" I screamed my lungs out to see a white ghost in front of me. I even threw away my phone on the side then I just froze into my spot as the ghost picked it up and handed it to me.

 

 

Oh wait. She's a beautiful ghost. 

 

 

 

 

Kim... Ji.. Soo? 

 

 

 

"Hey, y-you dropped y-your phone." She said while handing it to me whilst laughing her out.

 

 

"I'm sorry for laughing! I'm just... You're just!"

 

 

Aish look at you. You can't even finish a damn sentence. I like seeing you this happy though. 

 

 

"Your face was hilarious! I wish I could've taken a picture!" 

 

 

"Aish! Is this your hobby? Scaring people off?" I asked coldly but I just can't hide the smile on my face.

 

 

"It could be if I'll keep seeing that kind of face." She said with a chuckle.

 

 

"Aish jinjja... Why are you here?"

 

 

"I was kind of waiting for Jen earlier but I read her message late. I just figured she cancelled our plans." Jisoo said smiling but I know it's just a facade.

 

 

"Well... since you're here already, care to join me for dinner?"

 

 

Since when I was this brave? 

 

 

"Hmm sure. Where?" 

 

 

I got nervous every second that hung momentarily.

 

 

"At our house. Mom always prepares delicious dinner!" I said excitedly but seconds later was horrified on the inside because it just came in to my mind that I'm going to introduce Kim Jisoo to my mom.

 

 

My mom. Oh. My. G-

 

 

"​​​​​Jisoo!" I stopped on my tracks and she followed suit. We were already walking to my house. It was really a bad idea. I decided to invite her somewhere else instead. 

 

 

"Yeah?" She replied with a sweet smile that beamed through my heart. I felt her excitement too and I didn't want to ruin that.

 

 

"Let's turn here. It's a short cut." It is actually not, but I had to say something else. 

 

 

I just wish Mom would act normal for once. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Or not. Nevermind. 

 

 

"Lisa here had an apple hair when she was seven! Look! Isn't she adorable?" 

 

 

Aish jinjja! 

 

 

"Mom!" I groaned in annoyance. This is the third photo album already!

 

 

"What, baby?" I saw Jisoo trying to contain her laughter with the endearment.

 

 

"Can we just eat? Jisoo can't even eat properly!"

 

 

"I'm fine! I'm having dessert anyway." Jisoo said.

 

 

Not helping, Jisoo. 

 

 

"Oh! This one's my favorite. She's taking a shower upside-down-..."

 

 

"MOM!" I yelled and snatched the photo album from her. There's no way I'm tolerating this embarrassment!

 

 

"What a party pooper!" My mom whined. 

 

 

"Totally." And Jisoo added. Again, not helping Jisoo. 

 

 

"She's energetic as ever. Maybe that's why she's a dance machine at our school."

 

 

"Is she? Tell me more!"

 

 

Uh... I'm sort of... here? Mom? Jisoo? 

 

 

"Oh she's famous alright. She's the star of every dance competition!" 

 

 

"I thought so! She got it from her Dad."

 

 

"Really? He's a dancer too?"

 

 

"Oh no, no. I meant being energetic. Her Dad was, if you know what I mean." Mom gave Jisoo a look followed by a smirk and Jisoo smirked back.

 

 

"MOM!" I whined again. I can't believe this! This was really a bad idea after all! 

​​​​​​

 

The two giggled like I was on mute. 

 

 

"But why wasn't Lisa followed with another?" Jisoo asked slyly. I can't believe they are having this conversation in front of me!

 

 

"Oh you know... her Dad gave all his energy in to making Lisa. That's why she's THAT energetic." 

 

 

That's it. "MOTHER!" I stood up furiously but both of them just laughed like teenagers talking about their first times.

 

 

"Alright, alright! You girls change into nighties. I'll clean up here." My Mom daid while standing up and getting the plates.

 

 

"Crap! I didn't realize it's already past eleven! The dorms are already closed by now."

 

 

"Oh I'm sorry dear, I thought you'll sleep here. Lisa always bring a friend here for overnight."

 

 

"Oh really?" Jisoo smirked at me, probably misunderstanding what my Mom said. 

 

 

"Chae! She's my only friend!" I defended. 

 

 

"Okay... Manoban." She teased, obviously unconvinced. 

 

 

Aish... Mom! 

 

 

"Let's go upstairs now!" I dragged her to my room and I quickly closed the door because Mom might shout something I don't want Jisoo to hear.

 

 

"So... this is why you're famous with girls huh?" Jisoo said as she crossed her arms while sporting another smirk.

 

 

"Ani! You're the only one I brought here aside from Chae! You're clearly misunderstanding this. I-..." I was cut off with laughters from her.

 

 

"Calm down! I was only fooling around, you pabo."

 

 

"Aish jinjja. You and Mom are causing me a headache." I massaged my temples as I get our pajamas. Jisoo just giggled and roamed around my room more.

 

 

"You and Chaengie were childhood friends?" Jisoo asked once she saw our pictures together. 

 

 

"Yeah. You and Jennie too?" I asked back. , maybe that wasn't a good question. 

 

 

"Yeah. Since we were on diapers!" Jisoo said enthusiastically. If I didn't know her feelings towards the other girl, I just would've thought she's simply happy. But no, behind the energetic facade of Kim Jisoo is an endless blackhole of pure pain. 

 

 

Endless? I don't think so. 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

​​​​​"Jisoo! Y-You! Y-You look like a kid in drapes!" It was such a hilarious sight that my pajamas were too large for her. I gave her my annoying laugh that makes Chaeyoung cry sometimes. I got worried that Jisoo might react the same but she just sumo slammed me on the bed. 

 

 

"It's. Not. My. Fault. That. You're. A. ing. Giant!" Jisoo said with timing playful slaps on both of my shoulders. 

 

 

"Y-Yah! It hurts!" I whined as my annoying laugh still echoes my room.

 

 

Jisoo shifted her body on my side because of exhaustion. I looked at her and she stared back. We were both breathing heavily and waited for it to be steady before Jisoo spoke. 

 

 

"Your laugh is so annoying." Jisoo said as she giggled so adorably.

 

 

"But oddly enough... I like it." She continued. We just kept staring at each other and I'm afraid she could hear my chest beating wildly. Does she feel it too? ​​​​​​

 

 

It was like she answered the question in my head. Her eyes shifted from mine to my lips and she started to lean closer. Is this really happening?

 

 

It was like my body acted on it's own as my hand reached to cup her face and pull her to finally close our gap. It felt like she was startled for a quick second but responded to the kiss.

 

 

I didn't want it to end so I was waiting for her to pull away.  She wasn't doing so, so I did what I had to do.

 

 

 

I continued. 

 

 

 

We continued.

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

I snuggled under her cheek as I woke up, still not opening my eyes. Her scent is so addicting I could stay here all day.

 

 

Oh wait. We have class. 

 

 

Tha could wait. As I snuggled more, I noticed that it was too soft... and not as warm as last night. 

 

 

I opened my eyes all too quickly that I think I'm going to have a headache.

 

 

A pillow. I was snuggling a ing pillow. 

 

 

I hurriedly put on my clothes and ran down the steps. Ran? More like jumped. 

 

 

"Mom! Where's Jisoo?" I asked panting. 

 

 

"She went out early. She was in a hurry and told me she's going to be late to school."

 

 

"And I'm not?!"

 

 

"You're always late for school, Lisa." My mom pointed her spatula at me. I groaned and went back to my room.

 

 

Why did she leave me? Was it just that one night for her? 

 

 

As much as I want to list all the questions that troubled me, I know that the answer lies when I see Jisoo again and talk to her. 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

"Jisoo!" I purposely waited for her last class to end. I couldn't get a hold of her when her group of friends were keeping her busy. I led her to the school's park for us to talk more privately. 

 

 

"Lisa... what's up?" She asked like nothing happened. That it didn't matter. It felt like my heart fell a little lower down my gut.

 

 

"What's up? I... We..." As I was gathering all the words together to let out at least one freaking sentence, Jisoo beat me to it.

 

 

"It's okay, Lisa. You don't have to feel responsible or anything. It just happened."

 

 

What? 

 

 

"It just happened? What do you mean?" 

 

 

"It's... something normal for you, right?"

 

 

“What? No! Is it for you?"

 

 

"No... it was actually my... first." Jisoo almost murmured but my heart fluttered with the confession.

 

 

"Well... mine too. Didn't it mean something more to you? Because it did to me. I like you Jisoo."

 

 

"I... don't know. I'm sorry, Lisa." 

 

 

I've never felt this disheartened that I feel that soon I'll be breaking down... but this is definitely not the time to give up. Jisoo was already turning away but I stopped her. 

 

 

"Be with me." 

 

 

"What?" Jisoo asked, sounding the most confused she ever had been. 

 

 

"She's with someone else, isn't she?" 

 

 

"What are you-..." Jisoo sighed before continuing. 

 

 

"...was I too obvious?" 

 

 

"Well yeah, at least to me who pays a lot of attention to you."

 

 

"Lisa, I don't-..."

 

 

"Be with me instead and allow me to make you happy." 

 

 

"What? You're telling me to use you?"

 

 

"Call it whatever you want. I'm not letting you go that easy." As if as the heavens gave me a shower of bravery, I cupped her cheeks with both hands and pull her in for a kiss.

 

 

It was like that our bodies were magnetically and naturally attracted to each other. We just can't stop.

 

 

But obviously we had to, so I pulled away. Our faces were on a thin-air gap and our warmth lingered to each other.

 

 

 

 

 

"GO GET YOUR GIRL MANOBAN!"

 

 

Our heads snapped to where that shout came and I saw the crew from the higher pavilion looking down on us and grinning from ear to ear.

 

 

Bobby! You and your loud mouth! 

 

 

"YAH MANOBAN! THAT'S TOTALLY UNFAIR! I WAS OPENLY CRUSHING ON HER!" 

 

 

"YEAH ME TOO!"

 

 

"THE WHOLE CAMPUS WHILE HATE ON YOU!" 

 

 

 

These idiots! 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, Jisoo. They are-..."

 

 

"So funny!" Jisoo finished for me and she was giggling with blushed cheeks.

 

 

It's so surprising that anyone would like my crew but I'm glad she did.

 

 

"Please watch us perform. It's next week. Please watch me dance my heart out for you."

 

 

Jisoo gave me a sweet smile. Noticing that she finds it hard to decide, I was about to take my request back... but she nodded, and I couldn't help myself and hugged her tight.

 

 

"Thank you!"

 

 

"Hey, I only said 'yes' to the performance." She said with a chuckle.

 

 

"I know but I'm just really really happy Jisoo-ya!"

 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

 

-JISOO-

 

 

 

 

 

I can't deny this time that my heart genuinely skipped a beat when you said those words so sincerely, that you were happy just because I'm going to watch you perform. You embraced me so tightly like you really never intend to let go. You called me 'Jisoo-yaa' and I think I want to hear it over and over again.

 

 

You're attractive, indeed. Your appeal is just beyond the roof. Girls are all over you and you don't even notice that. You look really cool on the outside but you're such a dork and a baby. Our humor fits so well that we clicked since day one.

 

 

You literally could have anyone but you chose me. You chose someone who's so hopelessly and pathetically in love with her bestfriend.

 

 

Again, you're damn attractive. Maybe that's why I wanted to kiss you that night, maybe there's nothing more to it than just lust, or maybe I still believe that I'll never get over Jennie and I will always look after her even if I'm just the bestfriend.

 

 

I ignored the butterflies in my gut when our lips first touched, I ignored it again the second time, the third, and the moment I opened my eyes on that first morning that I woke up right next to you. You weren't attractive for me anymore, you were purely beautiful.

 

 

I got scared. I was afraid of what I was feeling for you. It was silly but I think I was so used to loving Jennie that I'm afraid to love someone else... because clearly, falling for you was inevitable.

 

 

 

 

You're so stubborn, Lisa. It is so hard to pretend and act my usual facade when I'm around you.

 

 

Everyday you waited for me. To my dorm, lunch, after classes, or whenever you have the time. You never fail to make me smile... the most sincere ones.

 

 

I said that I feel obliged to wait for you too after your practices, but the truth is I crave for you presence. I feel so light when I'm with you. You slowly kept tearing my mask off.

 

 

 

 

 

I'm at the crowd waiting for your turn on the stage.

 

 

As expected, the crowd went wild when you and your crew entered the limelight. You eyed me quickly and you winked at me. The people noticed and started cheering on me too. How can I possibly hide my ridiculous smile at that?

 

 

You are a pure talent, Lisa. I was in awe with every move that you make. Maybe that's why you're so good in-... Wait, wait, wait. Scratch that thought. Focus Kim Jisoo!

 

 

You finished front and center, and I've never been so proud. I clapped and cheered for you endlessly until you walk towards me from the stage, not even bothering to take the back stage exit.

 

 

You hugged me all sweaty but I didn't mind.

 

 

"Did you like it Jisoo-ya?" You asked all excited. Of course I did, you pabo.

 

 

"Yes." I said to you plainly just to tease you but you fired back.

 

 

'Is that a' yes', like 'yes, yes'?"

 

 

I know exactly what you meant. Very clever. 

 

 

"Yes."

 

 

Your eyes widen but seconds later your face turned into confusion. It was so funny but I managed to hide it.

 

 

"Wait, what? What 'yes'?"

 

 

"I don't know. You guess." I teased.

 

 

"I-..."

 

 

CREW MEMBERS PLEASE GET ON THE STAGE.

 

 

You were interrupted by that announcement and your annoyed face was so adorable. You kept shifting your gaze at me and the stage. I didn't want to be the cause of your distraction so I gestured you to go first. You were hesitant but you still went running towards the stage after saying to me; "After this."

 

 

It got me incredibly anxious. Am I ready for this? Did I get over Jen? Am I not being unfair to you, Lisa?

 

 

 

 

Obviously, you guys won. The crowd cheered wildly once more, and after you and your members bowed, you hurriedly ran and exited the backstage. Your crew members were surprised but they still smiled for the audience.

 

 

That was adorably cute and stupid, knowing that you can't wait to see me again. 

 

 

I waited for you at the back side of the auditorium. I was browsing through my phone until you called for my attention. 

 

 

"Jisoo-ya." You called me whilst holding out your hand, offering it to hold. I took it and we started walking.

 

 

"Congratulations!"

 

 

She stopped and faced me seriously. 

 

 

"For what?"

 

 

"Um... For winning the competition?"

 

 

You smiled but somehow it wasn't the same smile you always gave to me. I knew what you were trying to imply but I'm always scared to admit my own feelings. 

 

 

You started walking again but I remained on my spot, still holding your hand. You stared back at me, your face was cluelessly adorable.

 

 

I realized that moment that I didn't want to let go too. I realized that I was just keeping myself from being truly happy. I realized that I was already falling for you the moment I wanted to kiss you.

 

 

 

 

Because again, falling for you was inevitable... If it's you, that is. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"...and congratulations for winning my heart, Manoban."

 

 

 

 

 

 

​​​​

 

❤️