Lisoo | Like A Movie

Just Me and You

 

 

"Please just help me out here Chaeyoung-ah!" The blonde asked again for the hundredth time. 

 

 

"And why would I do that?"

 

 

"Because!" 

 

 

"What? Because what?" 

 

 

"Because I can help you out with Jennie unnie in return." She answered slyly, knowing that the other blonde cannot refuse.

 

 

Chaeyoung scoffed. "You can't even say a word to her."

 

 

Lisa just looked at her bestfriend with her usual smirk that annoys the latter. 

 

 

Chaeyoung retorted, realizing she answered incorrectly. "I-I mean... What makes you think I like her that way? And no, I won't help you with Jisoo unnie. I won't let her date a monkey!"

 

 

The other girl gasped, then faked another while a hand covers her chest. "And what makes you think Jennie unnie will date a chipmunk like you?!"

 

 

"Yah! At least she calls me Rosie so sweetly and clings her arms on mine!“

 

 

"Well, just to tell you! I always make Jisoo laugh with my-... Oh. So you do like her, Park Chae-young-ah." Lisa teased and gave off a victory smile. "Or should I say... Rosie~posie~..."

 

 

"Shut the hell up! Okay fine! I like her! You happy now?!"

 

 

"Aw... Little chipmunk is in-love! Ehee!​​​​​"

 

 

"I'm done here." Chaeyoung said with a tone of annoyance as she stood up from her bed. 

 

 

"Okay! I'm sorry, no more teasing!" Lisa stopped the girl, and pulled her to sit again on the bed.

 

 

"So... What's the plan?" Lisa asked Chaeyoung with a wide smile and hopeful eyes.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

"So it's like this okay? We'll make it look like a group date but in the cinemas, we'll be on two different movies. Make it look like you made a mistake on buying the tickets." Chaeyoung said.

 

 

"Okay! But... Why does it have to be me who makes the mistake?!" Lisa complained.

 

 

"Simple... Because they won't believe it when it's me."

 

 

"Aish... So full of yourself..." Lisa muttered. 

 

 

"What did you say? Hmm maybe we shouldn't do this-..."

 

 

"Ani! I said nothing, this monkey didn't say a word!"  Lisa tugged Chaeyoung's arm with much pleading, earning the latter a smirk.

 

 

"Okay, see you later monkey. Goodluck inviting Jennie." Chaeyoung waved and hopped in the driver's seat of her car.

 

 

"Oh she'll say yes alright, just a mention of 'Rosie' will do."

 

 

"W-Whatever..." The other girl said with an evident blush and quickly drove off. 

 

 

"I don't know what she's shying for though. Jennie unnie obviously likes her. Silly chipmunk." Lisa muttered as she drove off to work as well.

 

 

Since college, Lisa and Chaeyoung have been roommates and became best friends. Although they have different work places now, they still decided to share an apartment.

 

 

Lisa met Jisoo as Chaeyoung's officemate. Lisa visited Chaeyoung's work place because the girl wasn't on a day off on Lisa's birthday. "How can she work on her bestfriend's special day?!" Lisa thought while storming on the hallways, looking for her... Until she stopped and saw the girl across.

 

 

She found Chaeyoung alright, but her eyes were glued to the one she's speaking with. Their eyes met and the girl smiled at her... and at that moment, Lisa spoke her thoughts loudly; "She's the one!" ​​​​​​

 

 

"Chaeyoung-ah! You just gave me the best birthday gift ever!" Lisa kept blurting out her thoughts about Jisoo, even on the next day, and the next... And the next, until a specific day comes closer...or the so-called Valentine's. 

 

 

On the other hand, Chaeyoung met Jennie the same way at Lisa's work place. "How can she forget her purse in my car?! That girl is just so-..."

 

 

"She's so pretty..." She thought as she stare at the girl in front of her. "Excuse me, but can you move?" Those were the first words the girl had spoken to her, and she thought it was lovely. 

 

 

Both blondes found their way to converse with the girls that caught their eyes...and now, both of them knew it was time to take a leap closer.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

"Chae! Where the hell are you guys?! I can't kill time with Jennie unnie anymore, I feel like she's going to kill me instead!"

 

 

“Can you calm down? It was just 10 minutes since you messaged me that you guys already arrived!"

 

 

"Well, you didn't drive with her for a solid 30 minutes Park Chaeyoung!" Lisa whispered loudly and desperately at the phone while Jennie scans some gift items at a stall.

 

 

"Fine, fine! We're almost there!"

 

 

"Hurry!" Lisa demanded before ending the call.

 

 

"Aish what a loser." Muttered Chaeyoung while looking at her phone with furrowed brows. 

 

 

"What are you so mad for?" Jisoo asked with a chuckle.

 

 

"Nothing unnie. Lisa said they're already here." Chaeyoung said and smiled to her unnie.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

"Lis, where are the tickets?"

 

 

"Here with me." 

 

 

"Let me check." 

 

 

"Aish, am I such a klutz to you?!"

 

 

Chaeyoung just stared at her best friend blankly and held out her palm. Lisa rolled her eyes before surrendering the tickets. "You happy now, grandma?"

 

 

"Yes. Now give theirs and we'll buy the snacks. Tell them to wait at the cinema."

 

 

"Won't they ask why they have different movies though?"

 

 

"I've got that covered."

 

 

"Ooh..." Lisa reacted and did what she's told.

 

 

They decided to buy their snacks separately and go directly to their respective movies and dates after.

 

 

"I'm so excited!" Lisa whispered excitedly to herself as she walks extra faster towards the cinema.

 

 

"Jisoo~... J. I. S. O. O. Saranghae~ Jis-... What the hell are you doing here?" The blonde's joyful chant was stopped as soon as she saw the other blonde... Totally not the one she wanted to meet right now.

 

 

"My same question Lisa, what are you doing here?"

 

 

"This is my ing movie!"

 

 

"Well it's ing mine too! You gave the wrong tickets you idiot monkey!"

 

 

"Aish jinjja!" Lisa shouted in frustration, garnering looks from people nearby.

 

 

"Aish! I'll call Jisoo unnie. Oh wait she messaged me-..." Chaeyoung paused and looked at Lisa blankly again.

 

 

"What? What did she say?"

 

 

"They went inside already and there aren't any available seats near them. Great... We just arranged a date for the two of them Lisa!"

 

 

The other girl was speechless and just lowered her head in pure disappointment.

 

 

"Jisoo-yaaa..." Lisa muttered sadly which made Chaeyoung soften her gaze to her bestfriend. "Nobody wanted this to happen." ​​​​​The latter thought to herself.

 

 

"It's okay Lis, we'll still meet them after the movies. Let's just enjoy watching for now." Lisa just nodded and obliged.

 

 

"What if she fell for Jennie unnie's charm instead?", "W-What if they're already holding hands?", "What if I'm really not the one for her? I'm this dumb after all.", "Chaeng was right... How could she date a monkey like me?" These were the thoughts that troubled Lisa and wasn't able to focus on the movie at all.

 

 

The cheerful girl was awfully quiet throughout the movie that the other felt bad. She decided to message her unnie when the movie was about to end.

 

 

Because little did Lisa know that Jisoo knew the plan all along, that Jisoo confessed to Chaeyoung before that she like the other blonde too, that she fell for the monkey at first glance.

 

 

"I think I fell for her that very moment, but... I fell for her personality the most. I like the way she makes me laugh so effortlessly and... The way she stares at me will always be my favorite." These were the words that Jisoo have uttered as her confession. 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

"Lis, wait right here okay?" Lisa just nodded and stood just in front the cinema, having no enthusiasm to even ask where her best friend was going.

 

 

"What's taking her so long?" She thought, until someone poked her cheeks all of the sudden. 

 

 

"A beautiful girl like you shouldn't be out here waiting." 

 

 

Upon seeing the person behind those words, a radiant smile filled her lips while the other returned the same gesture.

 

 

In an instant, everything felt like a movie... an everlasting blissful film of romance.

 

 

"If... I'm waiting for someone as beautiful as you, I could stand an eternity right here and it will still be worth it."

 

 

Jisoo smiled lovingly at the sweetness of those words.

 

 

"Real smooth Manoban."

 

 

"Ani... You want to know what real smoothness is?"

 

 

"Surprise me."

 

 

Like a cue, Lisa slowly ran her fingers upon reaching Jisoo's hand to intertwine it with hers.

 

 

"Let me take you home."

 

 

Jisoo giggled and was indeed surprised but she just don't want to lose.

 

 

"But... I think I'm already home."

 

 

 

 

 

"Sunflower. She is just like that. My favorite flower and my favorite person in the world shines at me just as the same." 

 

 

Those were the exact thoughts that Lisa had when Jisoo smiled at her like she's the reason for her everything.

 

 

And she thought again...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yes, she's the one." 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

A post valentine's for everyone. Hope you like it! :) 

 

I wanted a Chaennie too but I've been so busy lately, I'm sorry... No worries though, it'll be the next one :) 

 

Have a nice day! 

 

 

~