Chaennie | Picture-perfect

Just Me and You

 

 

 

 

“I like you, Jennie.”

 

 

 

What?

 

 

 

“What did you just say, Rosie?”

 

 

She sighed. I don’t know if it was because of frustration or nervousness.

 

 

“I said… I like you. Like, like you.” She said like she’s never been so sure of anything in her life.

 

 

I clearly know what she meant though. I know. But it just caught me in much surprise that she did really like me. Yeah, she’s been really sweet to me and do stuff that were too sweet to be considered as a friendly gesture.

 

 

I just thought that… she was only looking after me and being sensitive because I was on the process of moving on from Jisoo. Sure, I’ve accepted her relationship with Lisa but it still pains me when they are together especially when I don’t have any choice but to see them, considering we are all living under the same roof.

 

 

“I… I’m not quite sure what-…”

 

 

She kissed me. I was about to utter some lame excuse like I didn’t get what she was saying but she was persistent to make me understand what I obviously already grasped.

 

 

She confessed and kissed me when our ferris wheel car went at the top-most part. It was quite clever of her to do so because honestly, I’ve been avoiding it. For months our platonic relationship got something… more than that. Chaeyoung had been showing me hints, hints that I purposely ignored by playing dumb.

 

 

Why? Because I’m scared. Yes, the Jennie Kim is scared to open up and feel again. I’m scared that I’ll screw up again, I’m scared that I’ll be too much again, I’m scared that I’ll doubt again, and mostly… I’m scared that I’ll just end up hurting the person that I think I’m beginning or I think I already fell for… the Park Chaeyoung.

 

 

 

I literally froze on my spot, still unable to process anything that’s happening.

 

 

I thought that she’d stop because I didn’t respond to the kiss. She gently pulled away a little and cupped my face, only to pull me into a much deeper one.

 

 

I breathed in, surprised with the gesture but sooner than expected, I relaxed and closed my eyes too. I found my way to be in-synch with her, because she had made it easy for me to do so.

 

 

I realized, she always had made things easy for me… such as moving on. The next thing I knew, I was smiling again, I have genuine laughs again. Without me even noticing, I opened up my heart again as it heals.

 

 

We broke the kiss as soon as the car started running again. We just kept looking at each other, battling with our thoughts of what to say or do. Chaeyoung slowly put down her hands, removing it from my cheeks.

 

 

“Is that… clear enough for you?” She said so dominantly that it startled me a little. I’ve never seen this side of her, and it made me feel things all tingly inside my chest.

 

 

Unable to find any escape this time, or clever remarks which I’m so good at… I’ve only a word left to say;

 

 

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

“What the hell happened between the two of you?” Our friend asked, because once we got back from that ferris wheel ride, the two of us got extremely awkward and wasn’t even talking properly at each other.

 

 

It felt like the brave and bold Chaeyoung up there went to this cute little girl who just confessed her love for the first time.

 

 

“What did you do to Rosie?” She asked accusingly. What? More like, what did she do to me though? I just find it funny that she’s the one who’s so flustered now. I just chuckled and made an excuse.

 

 

“She got motion sickness.”

 

 

“What? Yah you’re the one who looks like dying on rides.”

 

 

“Well… I got distracted.” I said.

 

 

“With what?”

 

 

I just smiled and looked at Chaeyoung. She was already looking at me and when our eyes met, it felt like we found our comfort again and giggled at each other.

 

 

I stood up and offered my hand to her.

 

 

“Rosie, take a picture of me in front of the ferris wheel. It was a memorable ride.” I asked sweetly like a spoiled brat I am. Of course, she obliged and took my hand excitedly.

 

 

“Yah! Am I a third wheel here?! Why don’t you invite me too?!” Our friend complained. I just laugh at her this time.

 

 

“You can join later. This is a ‘hubby and wifey’ moment only, okay?”

 

 

“Aish jinjja! Just tell me honestly that you two are a couple!” She shouted while Chaeyoung and I merrily walk towards the ferris wheel.

 

 

 

“Okay! We are!” I shouted back and stick out my tongue at her. I saw her extra shocked expression and it made us laugh so much.

 

 

 

“You’ve got a lot of explaining to do when we get back.” Chaeyoung said.

 

 

“No problem.”

 

 

“Really?”

 

 

“Yes… because you’ll do all of the explaining, right hubby?” I cooed.

 

 

“Aish…” She muttered.

 

 

“What is that? Are you complaining Roseanne Park?”

 

 

“Ani…  here wifey I’ll take your photos now! Stand right there… no, a little to the left. There!” She instructed, obviously changing the topic. I laughed at her while she takes the pictures. She was too adorable. I’m older than her but I feel like she’s the one who takes care of me and protects me.

 

 

 

“Here look at it… you’re so cute! You’re like a kid who went to an amusement park for the first time!” Chaeyoung said as she laughs.

 

 

 

“Yah! Are you making fun of me?!” I complained and look at the pictures.

 

 

 

 

She was right though, but…

 

 

 

 

What I see is a smile that I never had before. I’ve never seen photos of me that looked so… alive.

 

 

 

 

We are models, yes. Photos of us are taken by professionals who know every good angle and instruct us to pose like this and that.

 

 

 

 

 

But… maybe this time I wasn’t smiling for the camera. This time, I was smiling because of the person who was taking it.

 

 

 

 

I didn’t see the Jennie Kim who everybody says is the perfect idol, with the perfect looks and body, the Chanel muse, the princess, or whatever they can come up with that portrays me as someone who’s so perfect… but in reality, I’m so far from that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What I see right here… is simply the Jennie Kim who is truly and genuinely happy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~END~